Stag Camp

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:01 pm

I've seen a robin or two up her in oregon. I like to measure things in that way too. For me it usually revolves around work and how many shirts I have to wear or what is the first day that is an all day no jacket day. the next one for me is when I can switch to my non water proof boots. It may be a while for that one...this is oregon after all.

Edit--Holly crap!!!! Top of page 9 Wohoo!!!!
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Stag Wiki anybody?

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:08 pm

Hey guys i was thinkng maybe since we getting so big and we talked about having our own web page why don't we use wiki media and make a Stag Wiki page... like disorient did... check out there page then maybe we can decied if we want to do one like them :)
http://wiki.disorient.info/index.php?title=Disorient
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby SonOfUgly » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:10 pm

sounds like a good idea to me, if someone has the time and know how
SonOfUgly

Postby plowman » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:44 am

redheaded viking gal,
Soooo glad you made it back!!! If this thread is any indication, we should have more ladies in camp this year

Henry and June;
Welcome to Stag Camp. We have very large wings so come on in!

The Vernal Equinox is symbolic because day and night share equal billing
(12 & 12 each)
For me the signs are, The return of the red tailed Hawks (theyr'e here)
The Tulips pushing up (they are)
Water in the dry creek beds (it's there)
Ice off the lakes and reservoirs (it's gone)
And best of all, The Trout are biting. (they are)
Only took me an hour and a half to catch my limit this morning
I'm going to freeze them, then a couple of days before I leave for BM
I'll smoke them. Smoked trout on a Ritz is almost as good as.........
yeah,........ I gotta say it,........
TITZ on a RITZ.......MMMMMM,... GOOOOD CRACKER????
plowman

Postby Leslie218 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:40 am

we've still got a couple feet of snow up here in atlantic canada. unfortunately, spring may not be here for another month or so.
Leslie218

Postby Red Vixen » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:54 am

Thanks Plowman... it feels good to be back and the warm weather in Sac is very inspiring.... almost like awakening from hibernation.

I was trying to reach you, Mots and Somni via Tribe but I'm encountering technical difficulties.

Did you get my Tribe message FunkyMM?
Red Vixen

Burning Since: 2005

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:17 pm

Redhead, I got one small message and PMed you back.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Postby plowman » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:21 pm

Redhead,
I didn't get a message on tribe, but I did see that you put me on your buddy list here
plowman

Postby Red Vixen » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:42 pm

Tribe wasn't working for me last night. I finally connected with Mots, so I'll try you too.
Red Vixen

Postby Somnivore » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:10 pm

Hey Red, glad you made it back!! Haven't gotten anything from Tribe except a couple of "technical difficultis" messages. Hope your winter was good.
Can't say alot about Spring in Florida as it has been in the eighties off and on for a few weeks now...

As far as Playa dust goes, I still have a nice layer on my dash. I just run a finger through it every now and then and immediately smile when I feel it between my fingers. Simple pleasures....
"Salt em and leave their little beef jerky asses laying around as a testament to the other little mother fuckers that are lurking in the shadows!" Big Worm
Somnivore

Postby Red Vixen » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:49 am

Somni..... I could use some of that warm Florida weather. I haven't been able to get warm all winter. So you are going to make the trek again? Hope you can find a ride share... maybe put a listing on our Tribe site. There is also a discussion about a camp art project.
Red Vixen

Postby twinwitin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:33 pm

Greetings Family,
The greenhouse is so full, sister and I bought another one! We have been transplanting veggies to 4 inch pots, and we will be planting flower and herb seeds this week. We are glad we are bringing the 5th wheel, the fresh veggies etc... will keep longer on the playa!

The family innoculated the cows this weekend. We attempted to "squeeze" the male calves, but our band stretcher was tooo small... :shock: Boo-yah!!!

How was everyone else's weekend? :D
twinwitin

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:46 pm

why does the squeezing part not sound so good... "gulp of fear".... if it has anything to do with them loosing there nuts have mercy please.... they are very important to a guy... and it would suck for the poor bulls to loose them.... :( :( :(
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby motskyroonmatick » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:02 pm

:shock: uhoh it's not time for the dull pocket knife is it :shock: ?
Did you cut the tip of the left ear on them heifers?

I had a victory this weekend!!! So I bought this nearly antique propane and 120 volt RV fridge off of a craigslist scrapper about 2 months ago. 25$. This weekend I did a bit of research on it but could not get a good idea on how to recharge the system with ammonia. I thought for sure it was non functional and needed help. What I did find out is that it would take a while for it to get cold with the way the whole apparatus works. I said fuck it I'm going to plug that thing in and put an indoor outdoor thermometer on it and see what happens. I checked it several hours later and it was 28 degrees F in the interior. I couldn't fucking believe it. Now I just need to get a regulator and the right copper tubing and some fittings and I will have propane refrigerator on playa!!!!!

motskyroonmatick

Postby twinwitin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:19 pm

Cheeky monkey- :( sorry sweetie, that's exactly what it means. We do have one bull though. We just can't have 6 or 7 running around.

I have the kids home for spring break this week so that means...shampooing carpets Yeah!!!
much love 'night.
twinwitin

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:15 am

AHHHHH! Poor Bulls :( that really sucks.....:( feel sorta bad for the little guys... then again.... if your the lucky one bull that gets to keep them :) party time :) so it not all bad for the one bull i guess.
Funky Monkey Mech

Guess Who!

Postby Joe Camel » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:45 am

Ok if you don't figure this one out then lmao... for the new people i give you a hint LOOK UP to see the real me!

Yeah so i changed my e-mail address on my primary account ( aka FMM) and it made it inactive so now i am using this one till the other one comes back online... :( i miss my old handle :(
" Holy shit did that just fucking happen"... anything is possible in the world of imagination!
Joe Camel

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:40 am

Wahoo i got my handle back YES! Monkey's back.. back again Monkey's back burn the man!
" Holy shit did that just fucking happen"
....anything is possible in the wacky land of imagination
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby MozyBonz » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:04 am

I have a official complaint about stag camp...

If you keep taking all the virgins the rest of us will have nothing to roast on the fire BURN night. So don't take them all.....please.

In a cheesy radio voice~~~Ummmm BBQ virgin burners its the Black Rock City Treat.
MozyBonz

Postby twinwitin » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:00 pm

Mozy-Don't worry even though stag camp will be the place to live this year, 8) ha ha I can't wait to meet you and hopefully party too. I have read alot of your posts and you seem like a party pal that would be great for sister and I. Yeah sisters,right??? :wink:
twinwitin

Postby MozyBonz » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:30 pm

twinwitin wrote:Mozy-Don't worry even though stag camp will be the place to live this year, 8) ha ha I can't wait to meet you and hopefully party too. I have read alot of your posts and you seem like a party pal that would be great for sister and I. Yeah sisters,right??? :wink:

Well......It's OK then~~~
MozyBonz

Postby ibdave » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:26 pm

MozyBonz wrote:
twinwitin wrote:Mozy-Don't worry even though stag camp will be the place to live this year, 8) ha ha I can't wait to meet you and hopefully party too. I have read alot of your posts and you seem like a party pal that would be great for sister and I. Yeah sisters,right??? :wink:

Well......It's OK then~~~

Only approach Mozy with all the proper self protection devises in place... He's catchy.... 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:55 pm

Yeah i read a lot of MONZY'S posts as well ya seem mega cool dude drop by stag camp and say hey we would gladley let you borrow a virgin to roast lol.... oh and btw to the rest of stag camp....

WAHOO!!! NO CANCER!!! I GET TO KEEP MY RIGHT NUT!!!! that is what the doctor says thank god... but there is a slight problem... ok so they were looking at my balls and they said it was just slight fluid build up not abnormal but usually if it happens it is on the left not the righ.... so they say we needed to check my kidneys so they are looking at my kidneys and they go " oh that is not good"
so i am thinking " AW SHIT NOW WHAT" so they moving the little wand thingy around and they are like " we hate to ask you a personal question but do you or do you think you have a problem controling your drinking"
..... i don't drink much as you all know so i tell them " No why.."
they say "HUMMMM".... " Your by no means obese so do you eat an excess amount of fatty foods..."
... i don't so i tell them " Just what the chow hall feeds me."
another "HUMMM' then " you don't take medication for high blood pressure do you..."
... " I don't Why?!"
...." Well you have an excess amount of fat around your liver right now your liver looks like that of eather a person with a drinking problem or a person who is very obese.... and since your not on medication for high blood pressure some of which are know to cause this problem the only other thing that it might be is well... does diabetes run in your family...." that is when i was like ?!?!?
" Yeah it does. both my grandmothers one has and one had it ( one is dead) and my grandfather had it ( also dead.)"
so they are like....
" well it does not look like anything but excess fat right now but you should keep an eye out for some of the follwing things and if you notice some changes along those lines let your doc know but other then that you need to start eating better immediately...."
so now i am trying to figure out how to get on comrats so that i can go on a diet cause apprentley what the chow hall is feeding me is causing me health problems... so i go in there to find out no cancer which is outstanding but if i keep eating at the mess hall i will get liver problems or diabetes... great lol.... well atleast it is somthing you can control right :)
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby SonOfUgly » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:10 pm

glad you get to keep your right nut
SonOfUgly

Postby Red Vixen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:54 pm

Funky.... once again, I am so happy for the great news and thanks for the call.

Motsky... love your frig idea. How big is it? Ya know you boys drink alot o'brew....

past and future staggers... get over on Tribe to check out the discussion on our art project... we need design ideas to for the Temple of Community Challenge.
Red Vixen

Postby motskyroonmatick » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:14 pm

The refer is small. Probably for milk, salad greens and such. I like ice around my beer and with the new Ice franchise practically next door... I also use my clean cooler melt for shower water so the Ice gets double useage so to speak. Maybe in the future I can get a much bigger one and have room for lots of frosty ones.

Good news Funky Monkey!!!! Er. Mostly good news.

motskyroonmatick

Postby anmx » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:32 pm

Heyyy everyone, from what the boards are showing this is the place to be if your a newbie going solo:) I'm so pumped !!! and a little nervous to be honest. I had planned to go with some people, but everyone backed out, and I didn't wanna miss out :)

Umm just wondering if anyone wanted to travel in from LA with me perhaps split on rental truck or something?
, maybe split up supplies and what not?? I'll be flying to in, so my supplies will be pretty minimal.
anmx

Postby lonestoner916 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:38 pm

Hey, good shit FMM! I know you must have been sweating it pretty bad! 8)
lonestoner916

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Hey there Anmx... so are you from LA or flying into LA? and dude read the survival guide and the 2007 stag camp thread... bringing the minimal amount of stuff is usually not recommended... not saying bring everything in creation but pack as if you might get stuck an extra day or 2 more then you planed to stay out there. Other then that Welcome to stag camp... if your from la let me know and i will tell you all about the So Cal Burner Community.
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby anmx » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:12 pm

I plan on flying in.... I'm actually from Canada:)
I'm plan on taking whatever I can on the plane with me but I'll have to see how much I can squeeze in.
anmx

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Theme Camps