The BOOBY BAR! 2008

Postby Nick Collide » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:50 am

Finally winding up things for the bar and theme nights...

...now we have what time is left to get ourselves ready 8)

Costumes may get relegated to back burner status again :?
Nick Collide

Postby pinemom » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:20 am

hahaaaaaaaaa!
Thats exactly where I am N'Collide!!!
Still have the clothe of the enhancement to sew(waiting on the webbing, its on back order).
The 23ftr Dr. Pepper Trailer needs to be put together(welding)
And almost finished with the trailer on the playa frog, just need some more lighting...then onto the FROG!

Then....costumes!

Im hoping I can just sketch out all the idea's post them up inthe sewing room, and knock them all out in a weeks time!
cause I think thats all Im gonna get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby Nick Collide » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:26 pm

Nick Collide

Postby pinemom » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:29 am

Alrighty Gang....here we go....its like when you were a kid and your parents told you "were going to disney land next week"...
You ran upstairs and packed your bags(with absolutely nothing of course you would need on that trip) but you packed, by 2 hours later... you had maxed out your head trip with what it was going to be like and your parents found you balled up passed out asleep holding onto the suitcase handle, tightly! With the biggest smile across your face!!!!!!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Some people wonder why I use this funny term WEEEE, and why is it that I spell it wrong?

I tell ya a lil' story....My oldest daughter came of DRIVING AGE...ack! Every parents nightmare, but of course we forge on, try with all the patience of the world to teach our youngins how to operate a 1/2+ton piece of possible death trap solid metal with nice shardy plastics that can impell...ok...sorry...(I actually have the next one coming up this yr, I can see the gleem in her eyes!!!!@)
Well when My oldest had finally passed all her tests and had become(Safety sally) She would be driving along and this Wheeeee, would come out of her. It was like the goose that layed the golden egg, and the first time it did its golden trick for its new owner.....Wheeeeeee

I had such a wonderful time at Burningman my first year...I could only find one word ....my oldests WHEEEE
But the "H" just didnt seem to fit....I think it was because I wouldnt have had such a awesome fucking mind blowing experience without all the people I met, played with, saw, talked to, sang with, danced with, drank with, PAINTED, helped,rubbed, bartended too, patroned,visualized,spun fire with, fed, watered,costumed....etc.....

It was the people of Burningman that gave me my WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Cause its WE out there having the time of our lives, that invokes such a feeling in me!

If you want to try it....do this ...picture yourself walking out on esplande, a very tall stilter, a beautiful naked girl and a painted chubby guy walk up to you and say what a wonderful smile you have....we just had to say hi and welcome home, glad you could make it...half an hour or So(playatime) pass and you hug and say see ya later...and then a perfectly chisled bronzed man, a Chicken,a unicorn and a small dainty green fairy walk up...again...the playa time conversations happen...you all hug, maybe even exchange a idea to get together later to party, and by now, you've completely forgotten what you set out on the open playa to see and do....in the first place.....
and it just doesnt matter...for what you were gifted with in those playa minutes and hours...were so much more then any thing you could have enjoyed RIGHT THEN AND THERE.
People are the true gift. They share the most intimate moments of time with each other.

That my friends is where the WEEEEE comes from...deeep deep down to my very soul, a pressure cooker of sorts, a happiness and pure bliss kinda feeling, that my head needs a release or it will blow the fuck off my shoulders...so I vent....a big fat.....

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
pinemom

Postby Zulegoona » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:06 pm

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!Shall overcome

For me it was two eight foot tall bugs, naked kite flyers , and a giant shark all passing out of and back into a dust cloud .
Zulegoona

Postby MozyBonz » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:12 pm

Don't believe them! It's a trap! It's a trap I say!

MozyBonz

Postby Nick Collide » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:57 pm

IT IS!!

All you need to do is go out once and be dazzled by the immensity of BRC, be awed by the incredible art people create, be overwhelmed by the generosity of complete (but not for long) strangers, feel appreciated for the efforts you make in participating, have more fun in a few days than you have had in the last few years, and find the place in you that you never knew existed...

...and you're STUCK coming back home year after year with a big ol' smile on your face. :D

There should be a warning label somewhere
Nick Collide

Postby MozyBonz » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:08 pm

Nick Collide wrote:IT IS!!

All you need to do is go out once and be dazzled by the immensity of BRC, be awed by the incredible art people create, be overwhelmed by the generosity of complete (but not for long) strangers, feel appreciated for the efforts you make in participating, have more fun in a few days than you have had in the last few years, and find the place in you that you never knew existed...

...and you're STUCK coming back home year after year with a big ol' smile on your face. :D

See I told you...
MozyBonz

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:34 pm

MozyBonz wrote:
Nick Collide wrote:IT IS!!

See I told you...

*Fucking Welcome Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!....................

oh ya........ WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:59 am

Burning Man is so great that I no longer appreciate sliced bread.

Oh Yeah Baby.......WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

It's that good !!!!
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby CLARKcon » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:20 am

(CLARK puts face into hands and begins to weep softly, with longing...)

SPARKLE NIGHT! S P A R K L E N I G H T ! S P A R K L E N I G H T !

(if it wasn't obvious, SPARKLE NIGHT has warped my sensitive, fragile mind... ...and I like it :D
COFFEE CAMP: "The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"
"Remember- Drink coffee...it's for your own good"
"DRINK IT!"
"...it's only just begun."
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

Location: .:P3 OASIS & COFFEE CAMP (@ 2:15 & "G") in Fandango Village:.
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Postby oneeyeddick » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:30 am

HAPPY 4th of JULY !!!

Look who's already decked out in his red white & BLUES !!!

We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby LiveWire » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:41 pm

Happy 4th from up north!

See you soon!
Ä
LiveWire

Postby Nick Collide » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:30 pm

HAPPY FREAKIN' FOURTH!! :D

Nick Collide

Postby Nick Collide » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:33 pm

WHAT A PATRIOT! 8)

Nick Collide

Postby Nick Collide » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:36 pm

AND DON'T FORGET TO FLY THE FLAG!

Mas, has it been a busy weekend already... :lol:
Nick Collide

Postby pinemom » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:22 am

woohoooooooooooooooy

yes, had a great time out at the parentals in ferntucky last night....and my two daughters, my future SIL, myself and 2other oldest daughters friends from Monterey I turned on to the fire side, spun a great show in the comforts of ma's back yard!!!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Sorry I havent posted lots lately....I notrice in Reno...that most big art stuff has Building crews....Well Booby bar has that too...but were all scattered so the crews are small in numbers...as in 2 or maybe even 3 at each local...eh, Nick? hahaaa

So ***Burn***Ill be taking you up on your offer to help....see pm.

so little to do so much time.....re'arrange that
pinemom

Postby bigbluedoggy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:36 pm

so little to do so much time.....re'arrange that

I would, but I don't have enough time...
Don't go complicating my reality with facts.

Destiny Lounge Returns for 2015! Are you ready for... The Vortex of Destiny?!?!
bigbluedoggy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Postby Dusza Beben » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:34 pm

Nick Collide wrote:WHAT A PATRIOT! 8)

I'll jump on that grenade! :D

DB
Agripunk,
For the angry farmer in all of us.
Dusza Beben

Postby DaBear » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:44 pm

looking forward to getting home...
DaBear

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Komrade Korner

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:47 am

pinemom wrote:Alrighty Gang....here we go....its like when you were a kid and your parents told you "were going to disney land next week"...
You ran upstairs and packed your bags(with absolutely nothing of course you would need on that trip) but you packed, by 2 hours later... you had maxed out your head trip with what it was going to be like and your parents found you balled up passed out asleep holding onto the suitcase handle, tightly! With the biggest smile across your face!!!!!!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Some people wonder why I use this funny term WEEEE, and why is it that I spell it wrong?

I tell ya a lil' story....My oldest daughter came of DRIVING AGE...ack! Every parents nightmare, but of course we forge on, try with all the patience of the world to teach our youngins how to operate a 1/2+ton piece of possible death trap solid metal with nice shardy plastics that can impell...ok...sorry...(I actually have the next one coming up this yr, I can see the gleem in her eyes!!!!@)
Well when My oldest had finally passed all her tests and had become(Safety sally) She would be driving along and this Wheeeee, would come out of her. It was like the goose that layed the golden egg, and the first time it did its golden trick for its new owner.....Wheeeeeee

I had such a wonderful time at Burningman my first year...I could only find one word ....my oldests WHEEEE
But the "H" just didnt seem to fit....I think it was because I wouldnt have had such a awesome fucking mind blowing experience without all the people I met, played with, saw, talked to, sang with, danced with, drank with, PAINTED, helped,rubbed, bartended too, patroned,visualized,spun fire with, fed, watered,costumed....etc.....

It was the people of Burningman that gave me my WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Cause its WE out there having the time of our lives, that invokes such a feeling in me!

If you want to try it....do this ...picture yourself walking out on esplande, a very tall stilter, a beautiful naked girl and a painted chubby guy walk up to you and say what a wonderful smile you have....we just had to say hi and welcome home, glad you could make it...half an hour or So(playatime) pass and you hug and say see ya later...and then a perfectly chisled bronzed man, a Chicken,a unicorn and a small dainty green fairy walk up...again...the playa time conversations happen...you all hug, maybe even exchange a idea to get together later to party, and by now, you've completely forgotten what you set out on the open playa to see and do....in the first place.....
and it just doesnt matter...for what you were gifted with in those playa minutes and hours...were so much more then any thing you could have enjoyed RIGHT THEN AND THERE.
People are the true gift. They share the most intimate moments of time with each other.

That my friends is where the WEEEEE comes from...deeep deep down to my very soul, a pressure cooker of sorts, a happiness and pure bliss kinda feeling, that my head needs a release or it will blow the fuck off my shoulders...so I vent....a big fat.....

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Thanks, Pinemom. I really needed that. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby pinemom » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:31 am

Your welcome Mr. Jelly!
pinemom

Postby Nick Collide » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:44 pm

So...with about 45 days to go, let's recap:

That's seven them-based parties in six days...

The B(o)(o)by Bar: Bringing that good old "More is Better" ideal to a new level.
8)
Nick Collide

Postby ragabashpup » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:24 am

I am starng to go crazy! Too little time and not enough done. *whimper whine*
ragabashpup

Postby RegRad » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:30 am

Well ragabashpup... at least the reflective stickers are done!
-End Communication
RegRad

Postby ragabashpup » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:43 am

They look very nice. I have to finish up a few costumes and I have to finish making my gift necklaces. I have 15 done but my daughter has kidnapped 3 of them because the charms were "SOOOO PRETTY"

I also need to make a food list and figure out how I am compacting my items down so they dont take up too much of the van. Argh!
ragabashpup

Postby CLARKcon » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:48 am

ragabashpup wrote:I am starng to go crazy! Too little time and not enough done. *whimper whine*

Ditto.

Question is:

Are you ready for the panic party that usually happens about one week before heading out?
:D :) :D :( :D :o :D :shock: :D :? :D 8) :D :lol: :D :x :D :P :D :oops: :D :wink: :D
COFFEE CAMP: "The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"
"Remember- Drink coffee...it's for your own good"
"DRINK IT!"
"...it's only just begun."
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

Location: .:P3 OASIS & COFFEE CAMP (@ 2:15 & "G") in Fandango Village:.
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Postby ragabashpup » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:59 am

The panicing has already started.....
ragabashpup

Postby ibdave » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:45 pm

ragabashpup wrote:The panicing has already started.....

Then go Pee already..... 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby pinemom » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:16 pm

hhehee silly IBDave' dontcha know the difference between the pee pee dance and the !OMG, Im never gonna get done, in time! Break dance?

It's usually followed by the second to last thing you do before you set off for playa is to turn off the sewing machine and lock the door!

run out of the house and say TA DA all the way into your seatbelt! whether your done or not....your done.....ahhhhhhh

Then ya clear yer spot, get yer water, smokes,lighter, sunglasses on yer nose....and dont look back!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
pinemom

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Theme Camps