Hard Rock at Burning Man 2008?

Postby john82 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:17 am

man, i for one would be REALLY keen on seeing a performance of "intelligent, tribal-ish progressive hard rock music/almost leaning toward metal" kind of music :)
i suppose youre band uses like heavy distorted guitars. by "tribal", do you
mean all kinds of african drums etc.?
Johnny guitars101 Jemsite
john82

Official Welcome To Transmorphagon

Postby The Chinese » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:39 am

ANy Bands that want to come an Rip a monster Set at Transmophagon, GET IN TOUCH WITH ME!!!!!!!

We have a sizeable P.A. and backline, We would love to Find a Reggae, Hard Rock, and Other Funk Bands to Play with and have a huge P-Funk Style Jam... Let's throw a couple of huge concerts!!! hehehe it would be fun...

We have had Esplanade placement for the past 2 years, so hopefully we'll be there again this year. We have set the gear up in Our Dome, but If we can get more bodies to come out, then we'll look at creating a stage...It would rip.

\oo/ Live music Rulz on the Playa!!!!

Chinese

Transmorphagon '08
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Postby thirt33n » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:50 pm

Yo TheChinese!

count me in. I'll keep track and get ahold'a you later on but I'm lookin' forward to thumpin' some funk phat ass bass rock and maybe holdin' down some beats too.

now we're talkin'

Crux
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby The Chinese » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:23 am

[quote="thirt33n"]Yo TheChinese!

count me in. I'll keep track and get ahold'a you later on but I'm lookin' forward to thumpin' some funk phat ass bass rock and maybe holdin' down some beats too.

now we're talkin'

Crux[/quote]

Great! You play Bass? Do you have a crew that you play with?

-C
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Postby marcgorcey » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:32 pm

Soo....

On the 'hard rock' question ... I see Fandango is back ...
marcgorcey

Postby FarBeyondDriven » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:15 pm

If I hear anybody playing some metal at Burning Man I'll be over there grooving with you, brother. You can count on me!

I'm a solo-acoustic musician and I'll be playing at my tent. I do mainly Neil, Dylan, Nirvana, you know the stuff. But I'll be playing some renditions of Pantera, Burzum, and originals in that vein as well of course. So you won't be the ONLY one doing heavier stuff, even if my stuff will only be heavy in spirit.
FarBeyondDriven

Postby chrispburn » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:42 pm

phew... I thought the subject said Hard Rock CAFE on the playa.

But seriously - I encourage everybody to bring their talents and musical tastes to the playa. I love a lot of the dance/electronic music, but would also love to see lots of variety. There is just so much to see/do/be, that I think people, and sometimes me too, get caught up in some default world methods of processing - and just stick to what is most familiar
chrispburn

VAriety in music genres

Postby Oubliet » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:46 pm

Wow...i think this year's event had the most varietyy in any of the past 6 years!

I was camped out near the 4:30 plaza (close to the ketchup bottle). I loved being able to walk along and hear music coming from one camp, and be able to walk away from the "zone" there and into another camp's sphere and hear different music. it seemed that there weasn't much of the "stereo wars" thing happening.

I heard old school rock, progressive, metal, ~ballet~ classical (near 80'clock and Esplanade), big bad jazz, cool jazz, heck, you name it!

Musically, i enjyed this year's offerings more than any other year I've been there.
Oubliet

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Karma Chickens

Previous

Return to 2008 Theme Camps