Name of the A cappella group at Center Camp?

Name of the A cappella group at Center Camp?

Postby Major Mallet » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:07 pm

Anyone know of the name / website / contact info of the A cappella group that played either Tuesday or Wednesday morning at Center Camp? They had four members and finished their set with "Bohemian Rhapsody." They were killer and I would love to know where else they perform. Thanks.
Playawaste Raiders urge you to PAVE THE PLAYA in 2013!
Major Mallet

Postby ibdave » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:04 am

Was is Acapalya?? Not sure of the spelling, but I listen to them in 07'. Great group... 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Major Mallet » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:54 am

I am sorry I was not clearer - an "A cappella" group is one that plays without instruments - not the actual name of the group. There are multiple spellings of this term which also may be leading to some confusion.

I spoke with one of the singers at the end of their performance and they told me their name but for the life of me I cannot remember it. The name was something like "Special Grind".
Major Mallet

Postby ibdave » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:55 am

Major Mallet wrote:I am sorry I was not clearer - an "A cappella" group is one that plays without instruments -

Major, Acaplaya are just singers. They don't play instruments.
They had many songs that were BM and Playa related. 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Major Mallet » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:26 pm

ibdave: I read your first post too fast. I read it as "what is acaplaya" My error - sorry 'bout that.

Thanks for the replies but I don't think they are the ones I am looking for. The folks I heard sing had a name based on coffee: "Special Grind", "Special Blend" something like that.
Major Mallet

Return to 2008 Art & Performance