Someone's tent Sky-High Monday during the Storm

Someone's tent Sky-High Monday during the Storm

Postby Mr.? » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:40 pm

Did anyone else see what appeared to be someones tent, spinning softly in the air during the storm on Monday? I thought it was brown and appeared to be a tent fully erected and hundreds of feet from the ground heading out to the 2 o'clock side... Maybe it was heading to the hot springs?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
Mr.?

Postby Intubater69 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:25 am

:lol: I didnt see that one but I did see a dust devil launch a ez-up type of shelter.

And we have lift-off!
I get to drive the ambulance how fast?!!

SailMan
Intubater69

Postby couglite » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 pm

On Wednesday, my neighbour frantically came to me and asked if I had seen his tent. I hadn't, but it definitely wasn't there. He said he figured if he kept all his stuff in it, it wouldn't blow away. I sent him to the trash fence, but never saw him again.
couglite

Postby Rezl » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:09 pm

I did see one that day, although that day was the worst and considering the visibility I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one up there.

We were at 5:30 & B in the early afternoon and I looked up and saw a bluish blob cascading through the sky, hundreds of feet in the air. It was so distinct, and quickly whisked away, I felt very sorry for whomever it belonged to and thankful for my own.

That day was hell, but seeing that someone made it feel more justified. ^^
Rezl

Postby couglite » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:44 pm

I wonder if that was it? poor guy. He lived at 5:30 and H. Had a blue tent.
couglite

Postby sonic » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:09 pm

I was at the wheel and B and saw a green tent flying in they sky. It was pretty low when I first saw it and it kept getting higher and higher until it was just a speck in the sky. My neighbors videoed it.
sonic

Postby MikeVDS » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:13 am

MikeVDS

Postby jkisha » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:50 am

WOW great video. The guys in the camp next to ours had a hugh shade structure that was made from several car ports. The entire thing just lifted up and set down on some poor guy's car. :cry:

It was actually funny in a 'cartoon' sort of way as there were many in the structure waiting out the storm when it took flight. They all got that 'deer in the headlights look' then scattered like roaches when the light is turned on. (I guess unless you've ever lived in NY, that analogy might be lost, but it was really funny.)

JK
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Return to 2008 Art & Performance