Stolen Art in Center Camp

Postby lennyjones » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:27 am

Hello Everybody

As you may have heard, my Art Installation "Oh, Ranger" was stolen on burn night Saturday from Center Camp.

The project was securely rebared to the ground and very heavy, but I guess this wasn't enough.

I'm hoping the mannequin is still around and might turn up somehow. We've created a web page with info about the theft, offering a reward.

http://www.claudiarose.net/missingranger.jpg

Please spread the word and my link. I invested so much time, effort & money into this project as a special tribute to the Rangers. I am broken hearted and disillusioned, but deep inside, still hope to bring him back home.

Thank You
Claudia Rose
claudia@claudiarose.net
lennyjones

Postby Tristan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:12 am

wow, i can't believe that.

oh, wait, i can believe that, since i got $1500 worth of gear (land sailing equipment with art decoration) that was anchored with rebars, and got stolen last year.

it is sad that people come to burning man to steal art. what next? will they install security cameras in center camp?
Tristan

Postby MikeVDS » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:06 am

Was Connie wrong about where it was?
MikeVDS

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Postby lennyjones » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:21 pm

UPDATE

Looks like our Ranger has been found!!!!! We're still waiting to pick him up...but I'll post more info as soon as we have him!

Lenny+Claudia
lennyjones

Postby hsdavis » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:22 pm

I am glad the piece has been located. That was a great work of art and I found serveral Rangers milling around looking for images of themselves. My only complaint with it was that I had trouble pinning on my "Larry for President" pin on it. I had to use the string on the hat.
Awesome artwork and I hope to see it again!
hsdavis

Return to 2008 Art & Performance