BOOTIE BRC mashup bootleg party - Thursday & Friday nigh

BOOTIE BRC mashup bootleg party - Thursday & Friday nigh

Postby Piss Clear » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:46 pm

BOOTIE BRC is back! Black Rock City's mashup bootleg party returns to the playa!

For the third year in a row, we're bringing our particular brand of mashups, bootlegs, and bastard pop to Black Rock City! Tired of trance and techno? Wanna sing along at the top of your lungs to songs you love, while you shake your ass and dance to a completely different song?

Then we'll see you at BOOTIE BRC! Here are the details...

THURSDAY AUGUST 28
FANDANGO
6:00 & Dart

9 PM – ???
DJs ADRIAN, MYSTERIOUS D and MALDEROR will rock the bar at Fandango. We've got lots of surprises in store, including a few midnight mashup shows, including a live mashup performance from Adrian and Ya-Ya, Queen of the Playa, as well as a drag show from Felicia Fellatio.

FRIDAY AUGUST 29
AUTOMATIC SUBCONSCIOUS
Esplanade & 8:30

9 PM – ???
The next night, resident DJs A+D and MALDEROR will be joined by guest DJ KID KAMELEON! Once again, we'll be giving Burners on the Esplanade something to dance to besides trance and techno! And yes, we'll have some midnight mashup shows as well. Thanks to the AutoSub kids from New England for having us!

This year, we're bringing 350 20-track Bootie BRC mashup CDs to "gift" – if you want one, just come up and ask!

For more info, check out the web site: http://BootieUSA.com/brc

We're also doing an ALL-GOTH/INDUSTRIAL/METAL MASHUP SET at Death Guild Thunderdome!
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 27
DEATH GUILD THUNDERDOME
Esplanade & 4:30

Around 9 PM – 11 PM
We'll be spinning some fucked-up hardcore mashups and covers for the battles! Be there when we mashup some Slayer with the Pussycat Dolls!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS BOOTIE?

Launched in 2003 in San Francisco, Bootie was the first club night in the United States dedicated solely to the burgeoning artform of the bootleg mashup, and now has sister parties in LA, New York, Boston, Paris, and Munich. Mixing and matching every conceivable musical genre, era, and style into one big dance party where everyone feels welcome, Bootie provides the soundtrack for the A.D.D. generation -- with mashup CDs given away like candy!

Resident DJs Adrian, the Mysterious D, and Malderor keep your brain guessing and your body dancing with creative song combinations. Guest DJs Kid Kameleon and Moldover will be joining the party to throw down their own unique mashed-up creations ... because one song at a time just isn't enough.
Adrian Roberts, Former Editor
PISS CLEAR
Black Rock City's favorite alternative newspaper
Piss Clear

Bootie Rules!

Postby Ninth Path » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:57 am

You guys, and your mashups, are awesome.
If anyone out there hasn't heard these cats, check them out!
I'll be sure to stop by on Friday 8/29, my birthday! You can look for me to be rocking out in my tuxedo.

ninth path
Ninth Path

Postby accordionMan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:17 pm

They are incredible!!!!!

Last year on the Playa I heard some Beethoven.. then in came a heavy rapper.. oh my G-d!!!!! it was incredible! I found out that it was a mash up (never heard of that before)... then I connected with Adrian and got a free CD that was awesome!

I'll be catching them again this year!
FREE MONEY to BURN 2013:
http://www.digitalartist.com/art/burningman/money.html
Some accordion at BM: http://current.com/items/89239638/rob_the_accordion_man.htm
accordionMan

Postby Piss Clear » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:48 pm

Wow! Thanks for the props! Now we're REALLY looking forward to bringing Bootie back to the playa!

We're also playing one more gig on Tuesday afternoon:

TUESDAY AUGUST 26
BMIR COCKTAIL PARTY

Center Camp Portal East
5 - 6 PM
BMIR is Burning Man's official radio station, and they're hosting cocktail parties every day from 5-6 PM. We're the special guest DJs on Tuesday, and we'll be joined by artist Peter Hudson (of monkeys and snakes zoetroppe fame)

Should be fun!
PISS CLEAR
Piss Clear

Postby Spicy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:54 pm

Always happy to attend Bootie, on or off the playa (but best on)!!!
Black Rock City Combat Club
Where martial artists train, share, and compete on the Playa.
http://brc.cc
Spicy

Postby ike » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:49 pm

I loved the Bootie party at AutoSub last year, and you can be sure I'll be back for the one this year.

A camp-mate of mine didn't get the mash-up thing, and was very skeptical for several songs... but then suddenly we were hearing "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics mashed up with "Seven Nation Army" or something like that, and it just clicked. Or maybe it was "Closer" by NIN and... uh... well, it could have been a lot of things.
ike

Postby Dorothy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:48 am

I'll be there again! Looking forward to it.
There's no place like home!
Dorothy

Postby Piss Clear » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:04 pm

BTW -- here are some songs you'll hear at Bootie:

Cher vs AC/DC :shock:
Iggy Pop vs Peggy Lee
Kanye West vs Beethoven vs Walter Murphy :wink:
Daft Punk vs Britney Spears vs Dead or Alive
Blondie vs the Doors 8)
Missy Elliott vs Le Tigre
Scissor Sisters vs Lipps Inc.
Mettalica vs Stevie Wonder :twisted:
General Public vs Rhianna
NIN vs Ace of Base :shock:
The Knack vs Run DMC
The Beatles vs Shaggy
Ministry vs Kelis :oops:
Prince vs Junior Senior
Justice vs David Bowie 8)
Willie Nelson vs MARRS vs U2 8)
Madonna vs Depeche Mode
MIA vs New Order
The Ying Yang Twins vs The Cure :wink:
Slayer vs The Pussycat Dolls :twisted:
Jackson 5 vs GNR
Nelly Furtado vs Phil Collins :oops:
Electric Six vs The Muppet Show :!:

MUCH MUCH MORE! :D

xoxox
A+D
PISS CLEAR
Piss Clear

Postby Piss Clear » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:45 pm

Even more surprises in store! Tons of shows on the bar top at Fandango on Thursday night... more midnight mashup shows than ever!

(and by "midnight" we mean ... throughout the night, whenever we feel like putting on a show!) :D
PISS CLEAR
Piss Clear

Mashup Party and Bootie CD

Postby ecweber » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:48 pm

Adrian,

Thank you so much for the mashup CD and the opportunity to meet you at the Bootie Camp this year... even if it took over two years LOL! It was truly a pleasure for us to produce Piss Clear and I'm really looking forward to getting a copy of the book to share with Dottie and the rest of the gang at the shop!

Take care and keep it up with the kickass mashup compilations! Bounce and I are really enjoying our copies!

Eric "The Red" Weber
ecweber

Burning Since: 2006

AWESOME SHOW

Postby ZEFEX » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:55 am

These guys were so fucking awesome!!! Had the best time dancing to all of their tracks and met a bunch of wonderfull ladies during their show. They really know how to get people into the groove! Thanks for the Demo CD!!! Come to Loa Angeles!!!
ZEFEX

Return to 2008 Art & Performance