artist early entry?? can't reach anyone at HQ - help!

artist early entry?? can't reach anyone at HQ - help!

Postby tisha2 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:38 pm

howdy friends ~

so i am managing a crew that is bringing an art installation this year ('I (heart) Lamp' - it's on the playa art page) but we were never told anything about early entry. Several crew members are planning on arriving early to get her up before the start of the event, but my emails and phone calls addressing this question have gone unaswered. I've tried every link and personal contact i can think of that has anything to do with artery. We were called by someone named 'Beth' to tell us that the project was green-lighted, but emails to her are not getting responses. Does anyone know the protocol for artists getting in early to set up their art?? or who i can contact to find out??

thanks darlings!!!!
~ t2
tisha2

Postby LeChatNoir » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:37 pm

I think it may be too late for getting on an early entry list.

I'll check and see if anyone I might know can find out anything.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby betrdanevr » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:37 pm

This is an old thread but still relevant, I guess.

viewtopic.php?p=362772&highlight=early+entry#362772

Looks like you may have to bite the bullet if you didn't register as a theme camp, but apparently many will be setting up the first coupla days.

Have fun no matter how it turns out!
betrdanevr

Postby mdmf007 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:17 pm

That sucks, most everyone from the office is committed now, you will have a hard time getting ahold of anyone.
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby tisha2 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:32 pm

thanks for the help, y'all... i figured out that when they switched my email to a new server last month they added a filter that they didn't tell me about, nor did i have access to it. couldn't see it even when i went looking for it - and i'm not a computer moron. just got a hold of my admin and got 64 valid emails forwarded to me! several from the artery... *sigh*. fortunately, we also have a theme camp affiliation as indiviuals (not the project) and can get in that way.

thanks for lookin!
tisha2

Return to 2008 Art & Performance