Transporting Sound System

Transporting Sound System

Postby artst4life » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:17 pm

Hey Everyone!

You can almost feel the fires burning already for this years American Dream! Hi! We are building an Art Installation called "The Choice" which is going to involve an Open Mic and Sound System to give people a chance to express themselves at this years Burn, and need to find a ride for our sound system from southern California toward Reno.

The equipment is in Palm Springs now, and can be brought to somewhere as far North as Los Angeles, and from there catch a ride with someone up toward Reno where we can meet to pick it up. We will be happy to provide you with a reasonable amount of gas money for the trip, and/or some food and snacks from Whole Foods for your contribution to our installations success. If you know of a good, inexpensive way to ship the equipment as well, any info is welcomed and highly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!
Cheers and Happy Burn!
Cam
If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh

L!VE ART!
artst4life

Postby gyre » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:22 pm

You'll have better luck if you give people a hint about size and weight.

Moving some speakers at cafe, we finally brought in forklifts to pick them up.
Heaviest portable speakers I've ever seen.
Heaviest non-portable speakers I've ever seen too. (and I have a pair with a thousand sq/in of cone surface)
I'm guessing these were concrete lined or iron maybe?
I used to load an entire system on a truck with one other person in a half hour.
We were able to get the light one of these an inch off the floor and scoot it a little bit.

Good forklift driver, by the way.
gyre

Return to 2008 Art & Performance