Electro Jam Band...anyone?

Electro Jam Band...anyone?

Postby sleepy d » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:34 pm

Wondering if anyone might want to rock some sort of electro Jam band. I'll be bringing my laptop and midi keyboard with Reason and Ableton and will be wanting to meet up with fellow musicians to Jam with-- either electric or real. Let me know if your interested -- here's a link to my page for some random beats and mixes ( http://www.myspace.com/djsleepyd ) . Really interested in meeting fellow musicians at Burning Man. ---

d
sleepy d

Yeah..I'm interested

Postby cellist » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:44 pm

I love jamming to electronic loops or other types of background sound..I 'm a cello player...lets talk more..cellist@sbcglobal.net
cellist

Postby RBullen » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:23 pm

yo i play drums and will have a set, stage and soundsystem to play. im down.
RBullen

Sounds good

Postby cellist » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:59 pm

sounds good...will your facility have a name so I can find you?

you can reach me at

cellist@sbcglobal.net

Best Regards
cellist

Postby RBullen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:13 am

nexus is the name of the camp. somewhere near 9 oclock plaza? you can get me at reesebullen2002@yahoo.com . cheers,

reese
RBullen

random question?

Postby sleepy d » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:05 am

Hey Reese--- by any chance have you ever lived in San Diego/La Jolla? I've only ever know one Reese in my life and he played drums and lived in La Jolla and we used to jam using turntables and the drumz. Just a shot in the dark. That would be a really small world. Holla
sleepy d

Postby RBullen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:06 pm

holy crap man, that is some weird shit. Hell yes its the same reese, how are you man, its so good to know your going to the burn. you definately have to bring your gear to my camp and jam out. Im stage manager for 50,000 watts of turbo sound and have free reign from 2 - 6 everyday. cellist, your invited too of course. give me a call d, 510 927 7110.

Peace
RBullen

holy fucking shit!

Postby sleepy d » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:36 pm

That's crayz it's you man. Long fucking time. The La Jolla house has many memories. You remember Trevor and Brandon and zibby and all them right. Wow, i'm still amazed. THat La jolla house isn't really the same anymore. Hit me up and will definitely be seeing and jaming with you there. Also bringing a fellow drummer who will love to jam if possible. FUCKING REESE!

dp
sleepy d

by the way...

Postby sleepy d » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:36 pm

where you camping and by any chance have any more room?
sleepy d

Electronic Jam?

Postby VocoderBoy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:17 pm

hi,

I'm a laptop guy running Logic, and would like to hook up. First time burner. How do I find you?

Cheers

Geoff
Australia to Nevada.
VocoderBoy

Our Location

Postby RBullen » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:55 pm

Geoff,

were going to be at 2 o'clock and A. come find us anytime.

D,

call me 510 927 7110. we have room, 200 person plus camp, 100 dollars full kjitchen, dinner every night check out the nexus yahoo group for info. call me, I have an awesome afterburn gig oportunity too.
RBullen

Postby maciasda » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:15 pm

Hey I play guitar and I love to jam to anything, if you are open for a guitar player let me know.
maciasda

Postby MerkinMan » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:19 am

Hey there you laptop musicians(and all of you musicians of whatever flavor your musical expression manifests itself in...dang, is that even a proper sentence? Don't know and don't care)! First of all, kudos and good luck...i hope the desert is kind to your equipment. I considered, then decided not to bring my laptop/logic audio/keyboard controller for fear of the havoc that desert dust could have on it. Having said that though: I'd love to jam with you! please come by the "Merkin Dream" theme camp at Gremlin & 4:30 and introduce yourselves. We'll be bringing a PA, electronic drum kit, keyboards, bass, guitar...the works. We're hoping to get some groovy, funky, wild and organic jams going with any and all kinds of musicians, be you electronic, acoustic, or flatulistic. My name is Dave, I'm a bass player, and I'm down with playing any kind of music that sounds good. (I'm also really hoping to wander and join up with some other camps, should you have need of a bass player for whatever. I've been playing for about 25 years now...holy crap. I just realized...I'm old! Anyway, I digress.)

Our only request is that you know how to listen! Our goal is to make the musical whole greater than the sum of its parts. So while it's great that you can solo like a banshee until the dawn, can you contribute to the group groove as well? That's what we're really after! ( Not that we don't want to hear some great solos, mind you, we just want that and more.)

Come on by and let's get our groove on!
MerkinMan

Return to 2008 Art & Performance