Transmorphagon & Biggest Distraction Looking for Drummer

Transmorphagon & Biggest Distraction Looking for Drummer

Postby The Chinese » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:48 pm

and other musicians to create the funkiest place on the playa- Transmorphagon. We have a full backline, so You wouldn't have to bring your kit. We're looking for someone who could possibly fill in for our regular Drummer, who may have a scheduling conflict. We play a whole bunch of different styles, Mostly Funk and Rock based stuff, Free form Jams, etc. We'd love to meet L.A. Musicians for jamming and good times, so if you're interested Hit either myself or Peffer (He lurks around here somewhere...)

Todd A. aka The CHinese
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Postby RBullen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:15 am

word,

im down like a clown. send me an email reesebullen2002@yahoo.com. have drums and soundsystem (very large) to play. im super into finding players that want to make some seriously funky stuff. hit me up.

Reese
RBullen

Postby The Chinese » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:02 pm

Hey Reese-

Got your PM and responded there!!!

Chino
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Postby thirt33n » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:37 pm

i will rock steady simple ass shakin' neck breakin' beats.
i am a metronome. i am on the back side. i average 3 dope fills every 10 minutes.

lick my knees if you pleese
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby The Chinese » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:41 am

[quote="thirt33n"]i will rock steady simple ass shakin' neck breakin' beats.
i am a metronome. i am on the back side. i average 3 dope fills every 10 minutes.

lick my knees if you pleese[/quote]

Sweet!

T
The Chinese

Postby The Chinese » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:26 am

Bump.... :-)
The Chinese

Would love to jam!

Postby FunkNaughtic » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:36 am

Man, I would love an opportunity to sit in on your drums for a tight, syncopated, psychedelic, progressive, dynamic, exploratory journey of a jam session...

If you'll have me, I'd be glad to contribute!

P.S. Love Bill Bruford, Bill Krutzman...The Funky Meters, Parliament, King Crimson, Yes ... off the top of my head... Have been hitting things with sticks for some 30+ years...:-)
FunkNaughtic

Postby The Chinese » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:35 pm

Funknaughtic -

Hell Yeah!!! come one by!!!! Wheel and 8 O'clock!!!!
The Chinese

Postby vargaso » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:44 pm

I'll throw my hat into the ring. Would LOVE to sit in to lay down some serious funk. Send me a message with the details if that's cool.

JD
vargaso

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Transmorphagon... "Downbeat is Just Around the Corner!&

Postby ecweber » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:35 pm

Chinese,

The main event is just around the corner. Please email me some MP3 files of the music you have lined up when you get a chance (I sent you a PM with my email a few days back). I'm anxiously awaiting a healthy dose of F*U*N*K and will reciprocate accordingly. Send my regards to the rest of the band and I see you guys in a couple of days!

Eric

8)
ecweber

Burning Since: 2006

Postby MerkinMan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:24 pm

Sweetness! I'm not a drummer, but would love to get any of you funky drummers in on a jam of ours when you are not otherwise employed. I play bass( for 25 years now), and will be working up some jams at "Merkin Dream" camp (4:30 & Gremlin), and looking forward to hearing what everyone else is doing too.

This is gonna be a good year for music, methinks!
MERKIN MAN: Protector of your sexy bits. Keepin' nether regions safe since last Tuesday.
MerkinMan

Postby drumtech » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:37 am

Hey MerkinMan and others .
I'm a drummer, bringing my own drumset, looking for a place to park it and play for any number of days during the week (it's not welcome at my camp). Would love to play with other DJs or musicians.
Been playing 25+ years, jazz funk influences are Weckl, Steve Smith, Erskine, Gadd, Coliauta but later did a lot of rock / jamband playing. Also trained as a performer with Blue Man Group a few years ago.
drumtech

Return to 2008 Art & Performance