Artists Seeking Stages

musician/dj seeking stage/bar/place to play /jam !!

Postby lordofkings » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:24 am

hi i will be attending bm 08 and would llike to find a place to jam or dj , i play many instruments like the guitar the bass the keyboards my favorite styles, funk elecro ...
contact me !!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/0den
lordofkings

neonbunny.com

Postby NeonBunny » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:09 am

Throwing my furry bunny eared hat into the ring.

Looking to be dj # 10,001 to play on the playa. Could be at your camp or on your art car. I have years of experience playing out in clubs in SF, and around the bay area. Playing mucho in the genre of Electro, but also branching out to play House, Techno, Collage, Theme Music, Downtempo, and more. I play from CD's for the playa.

10+ years of experience on the playa. Many costumes I love to perform in. Will be there all week long.

Check out my site at http://neonbunny.com

Here's a demo to listen to: http://neonbunny.com/MuseIc/NeonBunny_M ... useMix.mp3

email me at sfaaron26@yahoo.com

Wanna hear me live? I'll be playing at Qöol in SF (111 Minna St.) on Wed 8/13/08
NeonBunny

Postby Snapovski » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:10 pm

I get the feeling that there's too many deedjays out there.

Why is that?

;)

Anyhoo, I call for a shootout. Meet me outside, main street, 9 pm. Dress sharp, we walk 10 feet and then shoot, only once. First down wins.
Snapovski

Outlaw Dervish ready to throw down some serious Grooves!!!

Postby Outlaw Dervish » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:17 pm

Live Down Tempo Band /
Didjeriduist and Mystical Spoken Word Performer

seeking venues on the Playa!

I have been playing didjeridu stepped in organic trance fusion and electro-acoustic flavors for 12 years. I play percussive styles (odd meter YES!) and also ambient drone ~ meditative styles.

Over the last 2 years I have led Gypsy Fusion band “Pele’s Tearsâ€
Travis Wernet, aka "Outlaw Dervish"
Outlaw Dervish

Moving Sound...

Postby artst4life » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:19 pm

Hey Everyone!

You can almost feel the fires burning already for this years American Dream! Hi! We are building an Art Installation called "The Choice" which is going to involve an Open Mic and Sound System to give people a chance to express themselves at this years Burn, and need to find a ride for our sound system from southern California toward Reno.

The equipment is in Palm Springs now, and can be brought to somewhere as far North as Los Angeles, and from there catch a ride with someone up toward Reno where we can meet to pick it up. We will be happy to provide you with a reasonable amount of gas money for the trip, and/or some food and snacks from Whole Foods for your contribution to our installations success. If you know of a good, inexpensive way to ship the equipment as well, any info is welcomed and highly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!
Cheers and Happy Burn!
Cam

L!VE ART!
artst4life

Sound guy/ Laptop guy offering help

Postby VocoderBoy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:14 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for people who want help with sound. I am a first time burner, and want to work on a sound stage or theme camp, helping with a sound system or doing roadie work. I will find my own way to BRC, and get my own ticket.

Is this a good place to ask?

Cheers
Australia to Nevada.
VocoderBoy

Postby gyre » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:17 am

The Cafe uses sound reinforcement too.
You might want to check with them.
gyre

resynthesize!

Postby resynthesize » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:40 pm

Hey whats up....I go by resynthesize and am a producer and DJ. I play dubstep/techno/breaks all mashed together, with a ton of original tracks and improvisation mixed in. I'm bringing my laptop and a couple small keyboards/midi interfaces and I'm pretty much down to play whereever/whenever. Here's a couple of my sets, tracks, and a link to my albums:

http://resynthesize.com/music/resynthesize-to_the_brain.mp3
http://resynthesize.com/music/resynthesize-the_green_wall.mp3

http://resynthesize.com/music/resynthesize-stilldream_2007_mix.mp3
http://resynthesize.com/music/resynthesize-marrs_mix_04-14-2007.mp3

Here's a mix I did for the memekast podcast:
http://mk2systems.com/memekast/mk027

oh here's a link to download my latest LP too which is also up on addictech.com right now
http://resynthesize.addictech.com

Check my myspace/tribe page for some more tracks and info

http://www.myspace.com/resynthesize1
http://people.tribe.net/resynthesize
http://last.fm/music/resynthesize

cheers and hope to see you on the playa
brandon / resynthesize
resynthesize

Postby Gravybrain » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:35 pm

Gravybrain will be bringing our AcidFunkFusionJazzRock band to BRC this year for the 1st time and we are looking for venues to play throughout the city. Check us out at www.myspace.com/gravybrainband and contact us if you can hook us up!

Thanks
Gravybrain

Amateur Looking For A Low-Key Start

Postby ryanw79 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:59 pm

I'd like to DJ one day, but I've never done it (besides my friend's wedding). I've been told I'd be good at it, and that I have good taste. I love to play music for people and I have a huge library. I play rock, dance, and electronic mostly. I think what I can do would be most suitable for a lounge or bar, though I can make people dance too! I play everything off my laptop, so I just need a hookup to your system, or I can bring my portable speaker which is good for a small space. It can run off batteries, but it is louder if plugged in, very loud for a small space. If you want me to entertain you and your guests with some good tunes and chill, hit me up!

Ryan/sKid
ryanw79

DJ Jason Jinx (Remixer Producer NY) would love to spin!

Postby jasonjinx » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Hi all,
It will be my first burn this year... I have always wanted to attend!! I would love to spin a set at a good sound system. Any suggestions?

I have been DJ'ing since 1991. Started in NY with residencies at Tunnel, Limelight, NASA, Palladium, The Living Room, Home, & Love. Played Sound Factory, Sound Factory Bar, Twilo, Sullivan Room, Exit, Pacha, and many more I cant think of.. DJ'd around the globe since. I have produced over 60 records and remixed over 40 since. (Labels: Subliminal, Defected, Yoshitoshi, Ovum, Toolroom, Moody, Chez, Stritcly Rhythm, Nervous, Eightball, Sm:)e, etc...)
I play electro house now, but would also be down for an old school breaks set as well.
Let me know your thoughts, any suggestions would help!
Thanks
Jason
http://www.jasonjinx.com
jasonjinx

Irreverent Novelty Metal band for your camp....

Postby DOOK MAGNUS » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:20 pm

We are the one and only Dookie Doodle! We are a six piece Irreverent Novelty Metal band... we got way more fucking awesome for 08' and we are ready to rawk stages across the playa!!!!!! If you are irreverent, love humor and are ready to rawk the fuck out we are your ticket to a one of a kind event in your camp!!!!! With songs like, "Bill His Dog and peanut Butter", "monster Truck" and "rainbows are People too" how can you go wrong???!!!!!
We will also be perform in our theme camp "Shaweet and Noice" throughout the event. we are hoasting a "Dookie doodle and friends" party on wed. afternoon/eve... look out for us because our great friends Baby Seal Club, Jamas's improv reactionary legion of shwirl, and a kick ass samba troop will be performing (stick around late night as we host the american dream's own Home-cumming dance!!!). Stilt walkers please come by for a drink @ our stilt bar!!!
We also do crazy ass improv jams daily, so come on by and jam w/ us!!! (we play other stuff besides comedy metal when we jam, but it still usually has humor involved, rock, funk, etc.).
so stopon by and drink some "monster shot" w/ a group of playa twak jobs w/ some of the shweetest and noiceest hijix and antics around! 7:30 and COREvair.......
And then Bring the 2nd best Bland on the Playa (looks Like Cury won't be at the American dream, so we are the best bland on the playa fer 08') to your camp, add booze and git ready to rawk out amerkin style!!!!!
Doookie Doodle + your camps' Stage= aural sensations for fecailfeliacs!!!!

from the members of DOoKIe DoODellle!!!!
~Dook MAgnus (Gtr, Bass, Lead Vox)
~MAJOR VD (drums, Vox)
~Rimjob Rohnda (Gtr, Bass, Vox, & shaweet Moves)
~Randy Loads (lead gtr. Vox, and body painting)
~Gunter Vonb AssFArt (Samples & German accent)
~Chicken Little (Percussion, imrov. Lyrical madness, and noise)

If your are interested hit me up @ kct2dp@gmail.com and I'll send you some MP3's!!!!
DOOK MAGNUS

Rhythm is a dancer!

Postby DJ Nick T. » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:26 pm

Im Nick T. and im a 19 year old DJ from Reno looking for a place to spin my "world sound" techno music. Growing up in Reno, Burning Man has been an important part of my life since i was young. It is my dream as a Dj to be able to perform at such an amazing collaboration of ideas and people. I could achieve anything in my lifetime as a DJ, but performing on the playa would take the cake! help me make it happen! Curlydome2@aol.com.... Myspace.com/DJ_nickt
DJ Nick T.

NYC HipHop/Funk/Soul/Dance/Disco vibe

Postby Sonny Ray » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:27 am

Hey all,

I've been DJing vinyl since '97. I'll be at the Playa this year with a bagful of records and an ipod. I play tons of QUALITY hip-hop as well as the music that's inspired it--funk,soul,disco, etc--and some newish electronic stuff as well (Kitsune/DFA type). I also produce a group called The Hoarsemen.

I'd like to book a few gigs at different sound systems on the playa. I do a weekly internet radio show here in NYC so it's an easy way to hear what I'm into. For those of you who like hip-hop, you may be interested to listen to this whole archive--we had the honor of interviewing PHAROAHE MONCH this past week, and that's on there about 15 minutes in. My DJ set starts about 45 minutes in. It's a streaming MP3 link, no download necessary to listen.

http://www.eastvillageradio.com/newspag ... he.mp3.m3u

So, If you want to provide some different music at your camp, let me know. I can help!
Sonny Ray

Drum N Bass DJ coming from Hong Kong

Postby cookie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:16 pm

I've just decided that I'm coming to Burning Man this year all the way from Hong Kong. This will be my 9th burn.

I'm a Drum N Bass DJ and I run a crew called Magnetic Soul in Hong Kong. We host monthly International DNB events with the likes of Utah Jazz, Makoto, Randall, Outrage, SUV, Fabio, Nu:Tone, A-Sides, Sonic, Dieselboy, etc. plus regional Asian DNB artists.

I realize it's pretty late in the game, but I'm looking for places to DJ at Burning Man.

My still is definitely very liquid/jazzy. If you are running a soundsystem and looking for DJs, please drop me a line.

ez,
cookie <at> magneticsoul.co.uk
cookie

Playa VJ available for live mixes on your projection system

Postby thisispete » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:45 pm

SF based video artist / VJ looking for some playa gigs.

Currently Available: wed, thurs before 3am, and fri

My website is here : http://www.thisispete.com for videos click on 'play' then 'VJ' then under each of the events there is a couple of photos followed by video samples, sorry I don't have a particular 'demo reel' on hand. (working on that)

My projections are generally very abstract, very textural, with lots of heavy layering and effects, often a mix of organic, geometric, and found footage, old b-movies, fashion footage, very artistic. I'm quite the opposite of the 'iTunes' visualizer style VJ's, I come from a fine art, analog video art, art gallery background, but since moving to SF 4 years ago I have been doing 'Club' visuals instead of 'Gallery installations'

As far as taste in music, what I most enjoy mixing to is electro, bangers, electro clash, synthpop, indie, german techno, funk, tech- house, hard house, darkwave, goth, industrial, downtempo, spacey minimal experimental noise, turntableists.. etc.

I do an all live mix from my laptop, setup wise all I need is a line into your projection system, (and a cold beverage in hand) and I'm ready to go.

cheers, and hope to see you out there!

-VJ PETE

feel free to email me here : junk@thisispete.com
or on myspace : http://www.myspace.com/oxygenabsorber
thisispete

Postby generalfuzz » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:11 pm

whoops - I may have inadvertently posted to the wrong thread. I apologize profusely.

I'm going to Burning Man armed with 600 copies of my new cd "Soulful Filling". I'm looking for a sound camp (doesn't have to be large :) ) that would allow me to play the cd (51 mins) and allow me distribute copies at sunset one day - preferable weds or thurs.

Its a very mellow and beautiful cd. You can get a clear sense of my vibe off my website: www.generalfuzz.net where my previous 4 albums are available for free download. I've distributed a new album each burn. This one will go up online after I return.

Thanks,
General Fuzz
lush melodic instrumental electronica: www.generalfuzz.net
Five albums available for free download
generalfuzz

I WANT TO PLAY!!!!

Postby realphilings » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:59 pm

I go by Srouji (Sir- OOh- G). Im
attending burning man 2008 and would like to perform.
I wont be there until aug 27 due to school.
Samples can be heard at
www.myspace.com/eastsidemo
www.myspace.com/cameltoejocky
realphilings

Postby badstone » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:32 pm

heya -

late to the game, but I just decided to spin this year after all. I spin hip-hop (golden age and underground), funk, soul, baile funk, and electro. I'm down with spinning smoothed out head-noddy sets, stuff for the heads, or party-rockin booty-shakin sets, whatever you need. I've been spinning on the playa for a few years now and would especially love to spin on some art cars this year.

email me at: secret DOT squirrel AT gmail DOT com
badstone

Postby awggie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:03 pm

guess i'd throw a message in here...

i play minimal, tech house, techno, a little dubish stuff and some electro if its warranted...

mixes:
http://www.awggie.com/index.php?page=mixes

dont' forget to stop by EMERALD CITY
http://www.awggie.com/emerald
awggie

DJ WITH A BAG OF DIRT

Postby DA MOTH » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:15 pm

Hello friends,
I am a DJ from Boston/Los Angeles.Ive worked with countless Artists from around the world including Sasha,Junkie xl,Green Velvet, ETC ETC (NAME DROP) ETC ETC.
I play mostly Dubstep/Glitch Hop/Breaks, I am also fluent in Electro/Minimal and Tech and I will have a Big bag of DIRTY FILTHY GRIMEY BASS with me.

This is my first time @ burningman and I would love to rip it up for everyone.
If There is any room in your lineup for a crazy Mothman.....Hit me back!!!
MOTHISM@GMAIL.COM

Check out my label's websight for more information
MONISMMUSIC.COM
DA MOTH

Aural Performance Artist Seeking Stages - Burning Man 2009

Postby MatheoDJ » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi! New Burner, this will be my first time out on the Playa.

I'm touring with a group of circus performers, and we'll be going as a group to Burning Man this year. I'll have my entire DJ/Performance set-up with me, and I thought it would be fun to book a couple theme camps or stages, as a way to get involved, participate, and get to know people.

I do a lot of live looping of vocals and guitar, live rythym, synth, and turntablism, in addition to occasionally just "spinning tracks". Plays well with others!

PM for booking info

DJ Matheo

:D
MatheoDJ

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:35 pm

You might want to look for stages at this year's event, rather than last year's. Otherwise you're sort of setting yourself up for a bunch of "DJ's are sooooooo self-involved..." jokes.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

LOL

Postby MatheoDJ » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:14 am

:oops: heh... yeah. OK, off to find the right thread!

And just in case you missed it, my trans-temporal set at last year's Burning Man will be performed next week. :wink:
MatheoDJ

Nautilus X

Postby CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:46 pm

Ahoy Burners!
The Nautilus X will be returning to the playa this year with our 5th voyage out to the burn. The Nauty is a refurbished fully functional 60' MAN coach that operated along the 38 Geary line for 18 years in San Francisco. She was the last one of the MAN series retired from MUNI's articulated fleet in 2002. She is reborn as a deep desert exploration submarine entertaining while safely touring the playa art.

We are seeking Bands, DJ's, and Musicians that are confirmed to go to Burning Man this year and would be interested in performing onboard. We will venture out with nightly tours of the art with a constant flow of new BRC guests.

All performances are from the "Warped Core" which is the according central round section in the middle of the vehicle. The is an interesting area, as both ends move it remains an inertial calm zone. We can accommodate DJ's and bands with up to 4-5 members.

We have a sound system with internal speakers and a vinyl table set up with the option for plug input for other systems.

If interested please contact the Nauty Cruise Director at nautilusxproject@gmail.com

Thank you and see you all out on the playa!!
Next stop Black Rock City!
Mobilis In Mobili
Captain Nemo
CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:46 am

theCryptofishist wrote:You might want to look for stages at this year's event, rather than last year's. Otherwise you're sort of setting yourself up for a bunch of "DJ's are sooooooo self-involved..." jokes.

or that sub-mariners cant read for shit.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Previous

Return to 2008 Art & Performance