Artists Seeking Stages

Artists Seeking Stages

Postby Sensei » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:36 pm

You know you want to...
Sensei

Postby Captain Goddammit » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:17 pm

Me! Me! Pick Me!

Oh... I though it said "Artists seeking Stooges"...
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm Going To Hawaii Instead

Postby thirt33n » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:47 pm

thanks Sensei-

I'm Crux.
I play my guitar, and I sing.
Sometimes I just play my guitar because sometimes the playa takes my voice.

I will have my bass as well.
I also play drums. I may bring a small kit set-up and could be talked into making it available to use at someones stage for the week.price negotiable but likely a BJ and a cold, cold can of beer every sunrise and spaghetti and meatballs(fresh) every sunset on a white tablecloth.....or a tic tac.

contact me if you need any of the aforelisted elements.

In case it matters, I am a professional musician playing at least 3 nights a week,....in case it doesn't, forget i ever said it.

Crux
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

SUPERSTAR DJ has beatz to burn!

Postby djjuicyjay » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:46 pm

[b]SUPERSTAR DJ *JUICY JAY*[/b]
I play sexy ELECTRO. I DJ all over the Country.
I promote events around the country as well. Looking for stages to DJ at.
Hook me up! I was voted BEST DJ in LA and I DJ'ed BURNING MAN LA DECOM the year before last.
SUPERSTAR DJ *JUICYJAY*

www.myspace.com/juicyjayiselectro
www.myspace.com/juicyjay

JASON REGOS on FACEBOOK
djjuicyjay

Postby reality » Tue May 06, 2008 8:26 pm

Here is an old mix of mine, house breaks and electro. But I play everything from drum and bass and hardcore, to psy and hip hop. http://www.djelbereth.com/Site/DJ_Reality

I'm only looking to play at large camps or on art cars. We have a very big system and could do some cross booking.

Here is our camp page and layout
www.myspace.com/ellipsis2007

Our sound system (we have 100,000 watss of JBL)
http://spl-sound.com/joomla/

www.myspace.com/reality_randy
reality

Postby gyre » Tue May 06, 2008 10:43 pm

100 kilowatts of power?
Just turn it up in reno and I'm sure we could hear it fine.
gyre

Postby BitterDan » Wed May 07, 2008 10:14 am

we have 100,000 watss of JBL

How are you going to power that? Are you with a well-established sound camp? Most of the "big" sound camps that have been there in the past will take precedence over any new theme camp.
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Postby accordionMan » Wed May 07, 2008 2:44 pm

It seems that I posted this in an old area... so here it is again...

Hi!
I'd like to volunteer to play some rockin accordion... I play a wide range of music and styles.

Ol' time rock & roll, Classic rock like the Doors and the Who, some Blues, Classic tunes, Broadway, Zydeco, lots of high energy... no polkas. This ain't your grandpa's accordion.

I've played at center camp with my original music too.

There's a link below with a sample of me playing at horny camp a few years ago.. the video rotates for a few seconds, then straightens out.

Looking forward to rockin' the playa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZHaVbDiDw
FREE MONEY to BURN 2013:
http://www.digitalartist.com/art/burningman/money.html
Some accordion at BM: http://current.com/items/89239638/rob_the_accordion_man.htm
accordionMan

Postby Dato » Wed May 07, 2008 4:14 pm

AccordionMan, we'd love to have ya at the moonshine tavern! Check out my post in the "stages seeking artists" are for a bit more info! And, since I don't see you email, shoot me a line at imdato at gmail dot com, and we can talk more! Sweet!
Dato

bio etc...

Postby sam i am » Thu May 08, 2008 3:36 pm

Trained in various forms of musical instrument use from a relatively early age, Sam's lack of patience for the tedious nature of organising and working with other people caused him to move from band oriented music to that of a pre-sequenced nature. His thirst for knowledge regarding this new (for him) way of producing music was unquenchable and proved to be more or less the end of his aspirations to compose music at any sort of professional level, as forever digging through endless seas of audio waves almost completely satisfied his desire for fresh sounds. Eventually some freaks decided their tastes in music agreed with his enough for him to represent their label, Dada Stream Publishing, which he now does happily in the land of the rising sun, after growing tired of the stimulus supplied by his homeland.

http://www.myspace.com/sam_i_am_2030

you can find set lists in my blogs. I can play pretty much anything but at the moment I'm liking techno for dancefloors. My downbeat sets are diverse
sam i am

Burning Since: 2008

sound

Postby reality » Sat May 10, 2008 1:04 pm

[quote="BitterDan"][quote]we have 100,000 watss of JBL[/quote]

How are you going to power that? Are you with a well-established sound camp? Most of the "big" sound camps that have been there in the past will take precedence over any new theme camp.[/quote]

I work with SPL sound they our sponsored by JBL. We only plan on hooking up around 70,000 watts in camp. 30,000 on an art car. You can power that big of a system with 40 kg generator.

We have registered with that much sound so really it's up to them where we our at. But I'm sure it will be at 2 or 10 further back.

Sound is what we do check it out
http://spl-sound.com/joomla/
reality

Postby Oneiromancer » Sun May 11, 2008 6:14 pm

A fellow at a recent show I played suggested I try and play Burning Man and told me about the American Dream theme this year. Before I bought a ticket, I wanted to see if I could.

I'm just one guy who writes/records/designs everything himself, and I play guitar and sing live using my computer as a backing slave.

Here's a video to my first official performance (I disabled the embed cause I wasn't sure if that's okay or not.)

>http://www.youtube.com/v/Ab1dkK5CdbI&hl=en

I'm good for about 30-45 minute sets, and I can improv with pretty much any style. If you've got a PA and an open slot, let me know!

Best wishes,

the Oneiromancer
Oneiromancer

Postby BitterDan » Mon May 12, 2008 10:52 am

I work with SPL sound they our sponsored by JBL. We only plan on hooking up around 70,000 watts in camp. 30,000 on an art car. You can power that big of a system with 40 kg generator.

We have registered with that much sound so really it's up to them where we our at. But I'm sure it will be at 2 or 10 further back.

That's insane (in a good way)! What's your camp named?
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Postby kidhack » Mon May 12, 2008 12:22 pm

Hey folks.
I play a wide range of music and love hyping the crowd at Burning Man (well any party for that matter). I've played everything from Psy Trance to HipHop and New Wave to Dance Punk, but lately everything has been very electro centric. I've played everywhere from Thailand to LA, NY to Black Rock City. Feel free to download my mixes below or from my website: www.djkidhack.com.

Hit me up on here or ( kidhack @ dj kidhack .com ) if you are interested in arranging something.

Cheers,

-Alex / KidHack

BIO:
With roots in early electronica, a rave promoter in the 90's and previous pirate radio owner and manager, KidHack brings a fresh edge to the San Francisco electro-centric dance scene. Along with DJ Tollef and NYC visual artist PETE, KidHack hosted an 18 month theme club project called "Future" which featured famed theme nights including 3D Glasses Party, Lego Building Competition, Mess with Texas, and Robot Make-Out Party. Since then KidHack has blown up the Rickshaw Stop with his event Club Super Ego and soon after started another party called Electropolis at Etiquette lounge. Kidhack has toured around the country and killed local dance floors. The crowd goes crazy to his electro bangers, glitchy floor killers, clash anthems, pop hop remixes, and rare underground black labels. With friends in the industry and blog sphere, KidHack spins on the bleeding edge of music and culture. KidHack can be found spinning at everything from underground warehouse raves to metro night clubs, intimate house parties and even outdoor renegades. With Electropolis on hiatus, KidHack is now focused on producing his own floor killers and is ready to throw down some mad beats...

for booking inquires, call 415.205.3874 or email
[ kidhack @ djkidhack.com ]

Electropolis Five: ElectroCute
Click album cover to download the mp3.
kidhack

8D

Postby ~Zaemura~ » Thu May 15, 2008 2:30 pm

:D

My name is Zaemura and I am a visual digital shaman, & my musical counterpart is Eyopi whom makes some of the most beautiful music ever. We intend to utilize Burning Man to determine how to go about doing our shows. We are looking for a stage or many where we can transform an audience. I will be bringing prints & canvases of my art ( www.myspace.com/zaemura ) in order to give eyes to the music. Eyopi ( www.myspace.com/eyopi ) & I are on a mission. We feel that electronic music is the key to explaining certain spiritual archetypes, but the artists that are currently out there, really aren't bringing the cat out of the bag. We intend to provide an audio/visual performance where all can bathe in the waters of the gno. Anyone interested, please check out our myspaces and feel free to msg anytime. Thank you and have a wonderful day!!!!

8D
~Zaemura~

KJ Sawka looking to play at Burning Man!!

Postby cybergroove » Sat May 24, 2008 5:12 am

Hello all I am Scott, KJ Sawka's agent and KJ Sawka (www.kjsawka.com) is looking to donate his time to play for those at burning man...KJ goes every year and would love to be part of the direct festivities

who wants em?

e mail me and I will get you in touch with him directly - he is touring around right now so that is why he is not posting this message himself

Thank you all....read below for more info on KJ

---------------------
KJ SAWKA
[img]http://a869.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/92/l_bd7951954e0eb9c926b18e026b9471ec.jpg[/img]
(Cyber Groove/Wax Orchard/KJSawka.com - Sea/NYC)

Fresh off of Blake Lewis's Tour including appearances on Ellen, AOL Live, Fox's New Year's Eve Show, Jimmy Kimmel, Live With Regis & Kelly and much much more. Now looking to get back to his solo gigs KJ is ready to go and wants to be at your up coming summer event.

Some dates are still available in Aug, and Sept is wide opened!!

//Piece of Press

KJ SAWKA - GIVE THIS CYBORG SOME STICKS
by Katie Sauro, Seattle Sound

Imagine you’re at a loft party. Hour after hour, throbbing jungle beats batter you from all sides, and rapid drum palpitations assail you with suffocating fervor. You look up and, with nary a deejay or drum machine in sight, realize that all that noise pours forth from one man – a solitary drummer named KJ Sawka, pounding away almost as quickly and powerfully as human nature allows.

Using only a half-acoustic, half-electronic drum set and a laptop pre-programmed with keyboard and bass lines, drum n’ bass guru KJ Sawka produces dynamically enthralling electronica with an all-but-unmatched aggression. Sawka’s debut LP, *Synchronized Decompression (released last year on local imprint Wax Orchard) catalogues this explosive energy, but the album’s 13 tracks can hardly contain it. As Sawka himself explains, his immutable force derives from a committed exploit of live drums.

“Even when a person has a live keyboard there, live drums just really take it to that next level of intensity,â€
cybergroove

Postby thirt33n » Sat May 24, 2008 10:45 am

...I'll have my trap kit out there homie.
He can play mine.
look for me.
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Artists Seeking Stages

Postby AntiM » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:41 am

Need a place to strut your stuff in 2008? Post it here!
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby djblac » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:10 am

yo i'm a DJ from Nebraska looking to play!!

I've DJ'd all over the country for 5+ years. My roots are in drum and bass, but recently with ableton i've been able to expand into electro, dubstep, house and everything in between. I make my own remixs, you can check me out on YouTube (search "dj blac" ) .

I'm brining out my laptop/gear to play ableton from, so anywhere I can plug in would be awesome!!

If you have a serato setup i'll have my music in a gigstic, i'd love to tear vinyl up!! Want some scratchin? dance music?? PM / Email me I'm trying to secure as much play time as I can get!!

d j b l a c (at) g m a i l (dot) c o m
- dj blac
- myspace.com/djblac
- D J B L A C (at) G M A I L (dot) C O M for bookings
djblac

Postby squire squier » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:09 am

Hello-----hoping to perform at burning man in a stripped down acoustic version of the band. The line up would be a two piece consisting of guitar, flute, bassoon, recorder, voice and some theatrical antics ( audience interactions, costumes, poetry segues...) SO

We are also seeking other musicians/dancers/performers to replenish the line-up, either to improvise, learn some of our compositions, and generally have piquant interactions with!

Perhaps contraption use a mixture of technical compositions, improv, and performance in the ilk of zappa, beefheart, henry cow etc...---you can get an idea of how the full line up sounds at perhapscontraption.co.uk or myspace.com/perhapscontraption We also play klezmer (flute and bassoon) so if you require other slots with a different feel then that would be ace too...

This is our first time at burning man---we are coming from London and massively excited to be a part of it!

I'm also an experienced contact juggler, and so can perform a brief 3-5 minute act building up from 1 sphere to 5...

And--- We are sand sculptors, i know the chances of creating proper sculptures in BRC is slim, (need lots of water to maintain--) but thought it would be wise to mention, as we will be in San Francisco the week before,hoping to busk alot---any tips on where to build, places to stay, highly appreciated!!!

Thanks Squier xxx
squire squier

Postby gaminwench » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:56 am

Hey Squier - bring plastic(eew!) reeds for the bassoon - it's too dry at BRC for the wood ones to last.....
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Re: Artists Seeking Stages

Postby jadewombat » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:05 pm

My name is Jade and I spin d 'n b(hard and darkstep), 2Step and a little house. Here is a short mix you can download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AJAGGGF0

I been to Burning Man six times and spun every year I've gone at various camps over the years(The Bush, Want It, Spoon Return, Happy Camp). Looking forward to this year. Please let me know if you've got a spot open. Thanks.
jadewombat

Aussie DJ

Postby Rusty AKA DRiBL » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:32 am

Heya,

Aussie DJ looking fo stages to play at :P
First time BM'er and backpacking around US so won't be bringing vinyl with me. It's hard enough to get it around Australia let alone overseas.
Anyone running Serrato?
Was thinking about bringing my TTM57 with me but might just bring my old scratch box and lappie instead.
Anyone running VSL :P ?

I mix whatever - mainly upbeat hand in the air stuff cause it's the most fun. Into mashups and love cheesy shit. I play for the crowd.

Some of me:
www.dribl.com.au
www.myspace.com/dribl
Email - Rusty at dribl.com.au

Would also like somewhere to play in San Fran the Friday after BM if possible! (and need a place to stay) :P

http://www.dribl.com.au/pics/DJ_PTE.JPG
Rusty AKA DRiBL

Techno and House dj is looking for a place to play...

Postby spacelotus » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:06 pm

My Name is Spacelotus and this is going to be my seventh burn since 2000. I am looking for a place to spin some records. You can listen to a mix of mine at http://www.phamilygathering.com/artists/spacelotus.html

Peace,
Spacelotus
www.phamilygathering.com
Om Mani padme Hum
spacelotus

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camposanto

"Pussy Whipped"

Postby orangepeelmoses » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:12 pm

orangepeelmoses

Postby Adis » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:52 am

Hi!
I am a DJ with about 7 years experience in psytrance, progressive and chill.
I played at BM-07, and now wouldn't mind playing again [mostly, 2008 material].

You can contact me here (PM).
Adis

Postby TomServo » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:07 am

DPW would love to have you!
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby TomServo » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:34 am

are we there yet?
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby Snapovski » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:32 am

Yes, yes. Or: no, no. Well, it's one of those - or both of those - but anyway, that's not entirely the point. The point is that there's a mix of mine available for download. Everybody say yay!

My main goal is to play music that other people composed. In a manner of speaking, I don't have any talent myself. But I'm cool with that, I just as much like to put tracks that others made in a more or less logical order. If you still feel like it, judge for yourself.

From straight up blip, chip and click hop to micro, mini, midi and macro house. From drillbient to loungecore and from dubsurdisms to the crème de la crèmebient... Close your eyes (or don't); take a deep, deep breath and be submerged in the Pacifistic Ocean. Ride a soundwave, untense your muscles and open those dusty windows in your mind. Let a gush of fresh air blow through your grey mass and realize that not all is black or white (in fact, some of it is green, yellow, red, blue, violet, orange, brown and pink).

So without any further, errm, ado, I'd like to present you Snapinho ~ Disorient Express.

Tracks:

01 the rip-off artist - what kind of blue
02 autechre - melve
03 brothomstates - mdrmx
04 cheju - ergl
05 the orb - we're pasty to be grill you
06 the future sound of london - rotation
07 electrypnose - neverending story
08 scorb - the aquarium
09 aphex twin - logon rock witch
10 dean martin - sway (rip-off artist remix)
11 monolake - alpenrausch
12 mindless drug hoover - the reefer song
13 luke vibert & bj cole - nice cave
14 jega - geometry
15 nobukazu takemura - let my fish loose (aphex twin remix)
16 wishmountain - royal wedding
17 the coconut monkeyrocket - square beer

So if anyone thinks that my crazy, psychedelia-inspired form of humorous music fits your stage / soundsystem / artcar / bedroom / tropical beachhouse / madison hip garden / etc. shoot me a pm, or just download the mix, and be done with it.

Thanks for the attention! ;)
Snapovski

Bassist looking to play

Postby monkeyman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:47 am

I am an easy going bassist looking to play improvised music to make people dance. I'll have a bass but no amp.

Thanks.
monkeyman

Next

Return to 2008 Art & Performance