Stages Seeking Artists

Stages Seeking Artists

Postby Sensei » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:43 pm

I really and truly admire those folks who haul out tons of equipment simply to other people show off their talents. I think they're nuts too, but Dog bless 'em.

Got a stage and need some talent? Post it here.
Sensei

Postby Dato » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:17 pm

The Moonshine Tavern is expanding this year, and we're adding nightclub next to the bar for some booty shakin action. We are looking for people to help us make some noise.

What are we looking for? Some good live musak. While electronic music is great and dandy, and we'll have some decks set up for people to twirl some vinyl, we really feel there is plenty of that to be had on the playa, and would love to host some good live bands. We're looking for anything from polka to funk (pleaseplease) to rock, to reggae, to acoustic jams to jazz to heavy metal to live electronic jams. You get the point. :)

What do we have? Details are still getting ironed out, and I'll update as they do, but we'll have a PA system for you to plug into, we'll have some instruments you can use (guitar, drums,...) but don't count on them. :p

We're hoping to be located at the same place as last year, the 9 o'cloc plaza, and there are always plenty of ears for you to please and plenty of feet for you to move. :)

If interested, reply here, or shoot me an email at imdato at gmail dotcom.

I'll update this post with more details as we get them squared away.

zoink.
Dato

You've got mail!

Postby PatternInterrupt » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:30 am

8)
PatternInterrupt

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Gamelan X

Well I got talent... Need Stages!!!

Postby djjuicyjay » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:57 pm

I book Major DJ's and Bands at my events, CLUB PARTY MONSTER and The Fabulous Freakshow, If you need DJ's or Bands Contact me! I will book your shows! Also I am a Touring well known DJ as well and am available to spin.
*JUICY JAY*
SUPERSTAR DJ *JUICYJAY*

www.myspace.com/juicyjayiselectro
www.myspace.com/juicyjay

JASON REGOS on FACEBOOK
djjuicyjay

Camp Ellipsis

Postby reality » Fri May 02, 2008 6:28 pm

Ellipsis is the 2008 burningman collective camp comprised of many people and organizations. DJ's, promoters, sound engineers, mc's, fire dancers and people who value the ability of teamwork and the reward which comes with it.

We our bringing a massive sound system this year 60,000-80,000watts in camp and 20,000 or so on an art car.We our looking for well established djs, fire dancers, artists, go go dancers, or anyone with some sort of a performance. We have almost filled 2 nights already with international talent, and the slots are going fast!

We our looking to beef up our camp! So if you don't have a performance or any artistic ability and you would like to join here is a list of some things we need or are looking for, for a good price.

2 21 foot scaffold towers with stairs

Various shade structures/carports

Additional trucks to tow the art car(s) and staging as
well as our own private port-a-potties.

Diesel/gasoline for the generators

80 2x4x8 DF

40 sheets 4x8 CDX

lots of LED par64 lights. At least 30 should do.

Art/paintings/decorations

If you still have none of these but you have something significant to offer, PM me.

Here is our camp page and layout
www.myspace.com/ellipsis2007

Our sound system (we have 100,000 watss of JBL)
http://spl-sound.com/joomla/

www.myspace.com/reality_randy

http://www.djelbereth.com/Site/DJ_Reality
reality

Postby BitterDan » Mon May 05, 2008 3:48 pm

Just to add to Dato's post, you can also contact us on the Moonshine Tavern message boards at www.moonshinetavern.com. You'll only be able to post in the public area after you've registered.
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Postby cybergroove » Sat May 24, 2008 5:19 am

wow I am like double posting in here like crazy so I am sorry in advanced but so many good things to offer one of my amazing talents look below for the info and if you are interested please e mail me at Scott@CyberGrooveProd.com

-----------------------------

KJ SAWKA
[img]http://a869.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/92/l_bd7951954e0eb9c926b18e026b9471ec.jpg[/img]
(Cyber Groove/Wax Orchard/KJSawka.com - Sea/NYC)

Fresh off of Blake Lewis's Tour including appearances on Ellen, AOL Live, Fox's New Year's Eve Show, Jimmy Kimmel, Live With Regis & Kelly and much much more. Now looking to get back to his solo gigs KJ is ready to go and wants to be at your up coming summer event.

//Piece of Press

KJ SAWKA - GIVE THIS CYBORG SOME STICKS
by Katie Sauro, Seattle Sound

Imagine you’re at a loft party. Hour after hour, throbbing jungle beats batter you from all sides, and rapid drum palpitations assail you with suffocating fervor. You look up and, with nary a deejay or drum machine in sight, realize that all that noise pours forth from one man – a solitary drummer named KJ Sawka, pounding away almost as quickly and powerfully as human nature allows.

Using only a half-acoustic, half-electronic drum set and a laptop pre-programmed with keyboard and bass lines, drum n’ bass guru KJ Sawka produces dynamically enthralling electronica with an all-but-unmatched aggression. Sawka’s debut LP, *Synchronized Decompression (released last year on local imprint Wax Orchard) catalogues this explosive energy, but the album’s 13 tracks can hardly contain it. As Sawka himself explains, his immutable force derives from a committed exploit of live drums.

“Even when a person has a live keyboard there, live drums just really take it to that next level of intensity,â€
cybergroove

Seeking concertina or accordian player for live performance

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Wed May 28, 2008 4:52 pm

Seeking accordion or concertina player to perform on stage at the Zsu Zsu Burn event. For details on the art installation we are torching, visit www.MutantVehicle.com/zsu_zsu.htm and PM me here if you're interested.

Thanks!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Re: Seeking concertina or accordian player for live performa

Postby lonestoner916 » Wed May 28, 2008 5:55 pm

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:Seeking accordion or concertina player to perform on stage at the Zsu Zsu Burn event. For details on the art installation we are torching, visit www.MutantVehicle.com/zsu_zsu.htm and PM me here if you're interested.

Thanks!

You should talk to Rob, the Accordionman!
lonestoner916

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Wed May 28, 2008 6:56 pm

I corresponded with Rob just today, alas he has a prior engagement.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Re: Camp Ellipsis

Postby ScoNix » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:40 am

reality wrote:Ellipsis is the 2008 burningman collective camp comprised of many people and organizations. DJ's, promoters, sound engineers, mc's, fire dancers and people who value the ability of teamwork and the reward which comes with it.

We our bringing a massive sound system this year 60,000-80,000watts in camp and 20,000 or so on an art car.We our looking for well established djs, fire dancers, artists, go go dancers, or anyone with some sort of a performance. We have almost filled 2 nights already with international talent, and the slots are going fast!

We our looking to beef up our camp! So if you don't have a performance or any artistic ability and you would like to join here is a list of some things we need or are looking for, for a good price.

2 21 foot scaffold towers with stairs

Various shade structures/carports

Additional trucks to tow the art car(s) and staging as
well as our own private port-a-potties.

Diesel/gasoline for the generators

80 2x4x8 DF

40 sheets 4x8 CDX

lots of LED par64 lights. At least 30 should do.

Art/paintings/decorations

If you still have none of these but you have something significant to offer, PM me.

Here is our camp page and layout
www.myspace.com/ellipsis2007

Our sound system (we have 100,000 watss of JBL)
http://spl-sound.com/joomla/

www.myspace.com/reality_randy

http://www.djelbereth.com/Site/DJ_Reality

My hubby Scott and I spin Drum and Bass, House, and Electro. This is our first year at Burning man and are not sure if we want to commit to spin at any particular time but we will come prepared if an opportunity appears. We use Serato Scratch Live along with our trusty Mac. Its nice to see a camp that we will fit in to. I also am a flag dancer/ go go dancer so participation comes natural. :wink:
Peace, Love & Energy!
ScoNix

GATEwhey sounds: stage, musicians or DJs welcome

Postby Scot Aaron » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:17 am

From the looks of it. Eclipse seems a good place. I went to 04, now with my GATEwhey singing and visuals.

http://www.myspace.com/2gatewhey
http://gatewhey.com/

more on my poems, paintings photos, art, books,
http://gatewhey.com/about_scot.html

Let's LINK... the Celebration is now, Scot

PS performances and recordings. I have 2 hdv cameras, and likely a DAT or other backup. Any collaborators esp. with interest and cameras, Stages, PA systems, etc. contact me
Scot Aaron

Postby Dato » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:43 pm

*bump*

Still looking for people to come jam! :D
Dato

Postby thirt33n » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:50 pm

I'll come shine and shake my moon with y'all....been plannin' on it...
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby Dato » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:49 am

Sweet! There will be lots of shine, and as a result, lots of moonin! :D

Shine production is well under way, with ~ 20 gallons ready to put the fear of god in playapeople. Man, just thinking of that stuff makes chests grow on my hair. I swear, a swig of the shine will give you a four-dimensional sack. True story.
Dato

Postby BitterDan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:55 am

I dont know what yall are talking about. Moonshine tastes like Coca-Cola to me. :roll:
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Postby Dato » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:24 am

That's because your taste buds are ruined by habitual crack smoking.
Dato

Mutant Audio Outpost

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:36 am

The Mutant Audio Outpostis seeking musicians and sound artists interested in performing at Burning Man 08.

Our goal is to fill our camp schedule with live performances by artists who are doing something different musically and are challenging their audience to view music and audio in a new way. Artists that are implementing unusual methodology, instrumentation, or equipment in the creation of their sound and music are encouraged to contact us. We would love to take a listen!

We are open to both electronic and acoustic acts, but please note that we are not scheduling DJs. This is not intended as a slight to the many talented DJs out there. We simply feel that there are enough other camps for them to play at, most of which are far more suited for it - in terms of theme, sound system, and camp setup - than we would be.

Interested artists and musicians should visit our website for more information as well as how to get in contact with us.

Thanks!
- rob
Mutant Audio Outpost
Rob

Stages Seeking Artists

Postby AntiM » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:38 am

Just making it sticky!

If you have a venue and need an artists, post it here!
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby damon » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:08 pm

If you're interested in booking ambient/psychill/downtempo/assian massive/nu school breaks/glitch/dubstep/psychedelic goa trance dj let me know 8)

It's the 4th time I'll be bringing my music along with basic setup (2xcdjs+mixer) to the playa and would like to play somewhere elses besides our camp.

Peace.

damon
damon

Supergroyo the bass guitar player - available

Postby supergroyo » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:45 pm

A nice fellow burner directed me to this thread, since I was asking about whether or not I should bring my axe & gear:

I'm a pro musician currently playing with a LA-based 80's tribute band (www.IWantMyEighties.com) and thought I'd bring my stuff if a stage/camp/band is looking for a bass player. This is my first burn, and I'd like to contribute to someone's musical experience.

I have quite a bit of performance experience with my current band & my past life in the LA ska scene (band shared stage with No Doubt, Mobtown, Hepcat, etc), so I'm adaptable to any musical style.

Please let me know how to connect with folks who'd be interested.
supergroyo

Golden Cafe Seeks Musicians and Performers

Postby Lucifer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:29 pm

The Golden Cafe (http://www.goldencafe.org) is a cocktail lounge and live music venue in its 6th year. Our emphasis is on improvised music and jam sessions, covering all styles and genres, but we've been known to host other forms of performance as well. For 2008 we're also introducing recording and webcasting facilities, to give the default world a taste of BRC. If you're seeking an intimate venue in which to connect with your audience and with other performers, we invite you to drop on by.

Light and heat,

Lucifer
www.goldencafe.org
Lucifer

"Pussy Whipped"

Postby orangepeelmoses » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:17 pm

http://www.Orangepeelmoses.com

wanna perform my unreleased electro hip hop track
"Pussy Whipped"
on as many stages as possible...

Opm
orangepeelmoses

The Paradise Motel - Looking for Trance DJs

Postby djstudlycaps » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:24 pm

We're creating an (unregistered) camp called Paradise Motel. We're using a combination of tarp, textured paper, Astroturf, signage, pink flamingoes, and EL wire to create a roadside motel. We also have a snowcone machine, so that should prove popular. The center of the camp will be a dance floor, and I'll be spinning there from time to time. Given the "paradise" theme I was hoping to stick with trance music -- my stuff is generally a mix of trance, house, and (sometimes) a little electro. You can hear some of my sets here:

http://djstudlycaps.com/

... and of course, the wiki where we're planning the camp itself is here:
http://djstudlycaps.com/groups/burningman/

Since we're not a registered camp we're limited to 300 watts and have a 300 watt amp, and an iDJ2. You can bring your own music on a flash disk or iPod and spin it there.

I was hoping to get other trance DJs to spin as well, so that it's not all about me... anyone wanna bite? Just PM me with the URL of one of your sets.
djstudlycaps

DJs & Performers... Comfort & Joy Wants YOU!

Postby spacetastic » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:20 pm

Comfort & Joy (www.playjoy.org) is an arts collective dedicated to promoting queer culture, expression, self-actualization and community by acting as a mutual-support society for our members, producing art installations & organizing special events. We are active year-round in the San Francisco Bay Area and as a “theme campâ€
xo

Space
spacetastic

Seeking VJ's (Video Artists)

Postby NeonBunny » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:08 am

Our Esplanade camp will have a large 8' x 12' screen in front of our camp, and we're looking for content. We've done it before, and works great as you can see the screen from far, far away.

We'll have a projector, and even some video mixers set up, so you would just need to bring your own content (either dvd's or laptop). Inside our main dome (24'), we'll also have another projector and smaller screen showing the same stuff from the main screen.

We'll be set up on Tuesday night, and running all week. We have a couple of events in particular that we're especially in need of content for.

Wednesday night: Homo Depot (a one-night only gay dance club)
Thursday night: Jungle Juice and Jams (breakcore, DnB, etc)
The rest of the week, we'll just be running off and on, as we wish.

Email me at sfaaron26@yahoo.com or send me a message on here if you're interested.

- NeonBunny
NeonBunny

Postby DaddyMassive » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:12 am

Camp Upsie Dasium is looking for all themes and styles of artwork by amateur or professional artists.

We are envisaging receiving your art work on playa early in the week, so by mid week we have a fully stocked gallery. Camp UD will be featuring work by its own artists but all art will be treated with the same respect.

Situated on the Wheel at 7.00, right next door to the Arctica, our camp will be the perfect place for the denizens of Black Rock City to view your art in our hospitable surroundings.

Our newly built structure will provide over 900sq ft of floor space to accomadate free standing art & sculptures, as well as gallery wall space and the means to hang pictures on it.

If you wish to display in our gallery, please email me at daddymassive@hotmail.com (Subject: ART AT CAMP UD) or alternatively leave an eplaya message with:
1/a description of what you wish to show (just for our curiosity),
2/the size of your work,
3/whether it is self supporting or requires hanging,
4/when you will be able to bring it to us
5/Your name and any other information you deem useful.

We look forward to hearing from you.
DM
DaddyMassive

Postby Journeyman » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Shadebearers Temporate Zone, located on the Esplanade somewhere between 8:15 and 8:45, will be hosting unscheduled spontaneous live blues jams. Blues drummer with trap set needed. Also have a 3" pole for volunteer exotic dancers; ladies only, thank you. You will be protected by our hands-off policy, and camp members will enforce that policy. Volunteer Shadebearers can use a large but lightweight parasol to offer some respite from the sun to people on the playa. Look for a large white origami-like pavilion, colorfully lit at night, carpeted throughout, with fluffy purple chairs and red velvet cushions to land on. Guest DJs welcome, bring your own stuff. PA system in place, as well as a couple guitar amps, a bass amp, and instruments. Know how to play quietly and dynamically, as our camp is about ambience and getting along with our neighbors. When the music isn't live, it'll be programmed with various genres, mostly subdued chill stuff, but a little more lively at times, according to whoever is spinning. Exotic dancers may bring their own tunes to play; must be either on an i-pod or similar mp3 player or on regular CD or mp3 on CD. We will have a couple evenings dedicated to blues, as well. Rumor has it that a mutant helicopter will be docked at the Temporate Zone quite often, equipped with a sno-cone machine. Mmmm... frozen drinks...
Infinity = 1; since 1 / infinity = 1, zero is an absolute impossibility. The reason triangles are so unlike other polygons is that a triangle is part of a polygon bridging two dimensions.
Journeyman

Postby Lucifer » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:01 pm

In addition to musicians and performers, the Golden Cafe (http://www.goldencafe.org) looks forward to showcasing original photography, sculpture, and paintings - for example, the stunning murals of Javier Gil seen during our first year in this photo...

http://www.goldencafe.org/photo/id/MFXBM20030950/

If you have some art you would like to display in our lounge, please contact us so we can reserve some space.

Light and heat,

Lucifer
www.goldencafe.org
Lucifer

Quixote's Cabaret Club & Bar

Postby giacinto » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:18 am

Quixote's Cabaret Club & Bar is a UK-based collective who get
together to build a cabaret performance space and bar on the playa. If
you've got something you need to show your fellow citizens of Black
Rock City, then maybe we've got the performance space for you.

If you can sing, do magic, tell jokes, perform stand-up, strip,
contort, dance, hoop, do acrobatics, act - or even just perform
mindboggling stunts with a folding chair and two feet of twine, then
we really want to hear from you. We'll be running three performances
on the playa, and we'll bring the stage, the sound system, the lights
and the crowd if you can just bring your talented self.

Whether you're a seasoned performer or you're planning to put your
feet on the boards for the very first time, we'd love to hear from
you. This will be our fourth cabaret excursion at Black Rock - help us
make it the best yet!

For more details contact youcancallmegiac@googlemail.com
giacinto

Next

Return to 2008 Art & Performance