Burning Man Mutant Vehicle Pub Crawl

Postby ygmir » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:36 pm

Mozy:
great to meet you, thanks for the card, all the work and printing, thanks for the drink.
I forget the nice gal I met there, but, she seemed a great person as well.

Lots of fun this year.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby **burn** » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:04 pm

ygmir -

It was great to meet you and Claudeane.
Wasn't it an Olympic burn?

Thanks for signing my fan!
Risky

The Booby Bar in
http://terminalvillage.com
**burn**

Postby **burn** » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:07 pm

and Mozy -

You and Bump are perfectly enjoyable.
Thanks for your hospitality and all your work on the crawl cards.

Salut!
Risky

The Booby Bar in
http://terminalvillage.com
**burn**

Postby ygmir » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:18 pm

oh Burnbaby,.
thanks so much for remembering......dang, I feel so dumb when I forget stuff like a fine persons name........
I wish we could have spent more time, but, I got on that silly yellow brick road and lost all direction, searching for "the man behind the curtain".......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Zorch » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:00 am

Oh, and to everyone we sent to the med tent and/or hospital..... sorry. :wink:

I believe a good friend of mine who attended this years burn was one of your patrons. And I also think he is still recovering lol
Zorch

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: The Bomb Bay Tea Co.
8pod

Postby BitterDan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:03 am

Yeah some people just dont know when to stop drinking. I kicked several people out of the bar because they were already smashed beyond belief and DEMANDING more moonshine. I told them, "Look, I don't want your death on my conscience so you gotta leave."
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Postby landry » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:40 pm

[quote="BitterDan"]Yeah some people just dont know when to stop drinking. I kicked several people out of the bar because they were already smashed beyond belief and DEMANDING more moonshine. I told them, "Look, I don't want your death on my conscience so you gotta leave."[/quote]

HA! so then they all stumbled over to our Don't Ask A Texan Camp!
We had one guy wander in around 11am on friday proceed to sit and nap for hours. when he finally came to "the lights were on but nobody was home". He was staring off into space. we asked if he needed some water, or a snack or some med help.
NOTHING...not a word. just stared at us (*through* us is more like it)
he stood up and tried to have a cigarette.
then he wandered off
with one of our bikes.
Thanks to the guys (and lovely ladies!) at the Moonshine for taking such good care of us sat and sunday. Our camp was driving in from austin and dropped their transmission somewhere in cali and didnt get to the playa until Tuesday am.
You guys rock for letting us chill there AND for letting me use your coffee pot.
playa lovin!
Landry (the faux texan)
landry

Postby BitterDan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:47 pm

We had one guy wander in around 11am on friday proceed to sit and nap for hours. when he finally came to "the lights were on but nobody was home". He was staring off into space. we asked if he needed some water, or a snack or some med help.

LOL was he blond with shoulder-length hair that looked as if it hadnt been washed in 3 years? If so that guy kept wandering into our camp too with a completely disconnected look on his face. I swear he came into our personal areas at least once a day and just stared through us. He became known to our camp as, "That One Guy". :D
BitterDan

Postby BitterDan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:48 pm

Hey Mozy, PM me your address and I'll send you off one of the special shot glasses from Moonshine Tavern (all black shot glass that only camp members received). I was going to bring you one personally on burn night but the dust storm kept me locked down at camp.

This offer is also extended to RatBastard and LeChatNoir if you want to PM your info me as well.
BitterDan

Postby ygmir » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:59 pm

BitterDan wrote:Hey Mozy, PM me your address and I'll send you off one of the special shot glasses from Moonshine Tavern (all black shot glass that only camp members received). I was going to bring you one personally on burn night but the dust storm kept me locked down at camp.

This offer is also extended to RatBastard and LeChatNoir if you want to PM your info me as well.

Those lucky dogs........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby MozyBonz » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:55 pm

thanks Dan.

this was a great year for me. next year will be better.
MozyBonz

Postby ygmir » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:49 pm

I thought next year already was better..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Dato » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:15 pm

Mozy, it was indeed a pleasure to meet you, my friend!

And I'm not as nice as BitterDan. Those too drunk to drink got extra servings of the shine. If you don't know your limits, it ain't my fucking fault. I ain't yo momma. :twisted:

RatBastard, it was great meeting you as well. Your ride was rockin!!!!

.....some stats for moonshine tavern this year:
40 gallons of moonshine.
7 kegs.
400 gallons of booze.
1700 shot glasses given away.
Open for 8 days straight, 24 hours a day. Opened sat before the gates opened at 6pm, disassembled the camp around the bar around 2pm temple burn day.
24 people sent to the med tent.
1 fuck of a good time!
Dato

Postby Captain Goddammit » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:02 pm

Mozy, thanks for the shwag "Land Yacht" pub crawl cards! I handed them all out to people who would appreciate them.
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Fuck The Vehicle Passes

Postby Rat Bastard » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:20 pm

Dan, your supposed to discard the heads with the methanol in it. Not serve it up as shots.

Mozy, awesome job on the cards.

Everyone, I had a blast. The CBI trudged through it all the whole week.

If anyone can make it up to the Chicago/Detroit joint decomp, let me know and bring your MVs. I'm the DMV (with Krueger of course).

Cheers to all. Time to catch up on sleep and stuff.
Read my posts with a grain of salt.
Rat Bastard

Thanks Moz!

Postby tubahurl » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:56 pm

Hey Mozy,

You did an outstanding job on the crawl as a whole. Thank you VERY much! Due to the punishing nature of the Playa this year, and the fact the Tub has no suspension (yet), I couldn't make it by as much as I hoped. :(
But such is Playa time, most things never go as planned. It's all good. Hey Cap'n GD, has your head stopped spinning yet? BTW thanks for the fuel at DMV, that was uh, er uh, kinda embarrassing. :roll: To all who got to spin in the Tub, thank you for sharing my project. And Mozy, the laminate of the Playa clock has a proud place in the Mothership. And lastly, to the two very naughty, and I might say... well endowed cheerleaders by the Deep End, you made my week :D :D :D

Cheers

Cap'n o the Tub
tubahurl

Previous

Return to 2008 Art & Performance