israeli burner need some help to get together art proposal

israeli burner need some help to get together art proposal

Postby rei_dishon » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:15 pm

so.... trying to finish the proposal before the 30' since that's the dead line for the burning man art grants.

been to burning man 5 time by now break down crew on 2005 and DPW on 2006 (missed this year since i was in an artist residency in italy that i got a scholarship for.

i'm industrial design student 29 years old working in these days on my final project that it's title is "design as a tool for social and cultural change" and this came out as one of my ideas for my project in school (yeah it would be really funny if i will get academic credit for Bm project)

little bit crazy here in Israel right now (i mean with school and life beside the reality) so i'm looking for people who are interested in my project and welling to help a bit (still need to do the sketches and try to figure out the budget and check the cost of materials all the way from here)

here is the text that i wrote for the proposal and it would be great to hear peoples ideas about it. if you are interested drop me a line with your phone or an easy way to comunicate with you

here is the idea

A gift for every citizen

Project proposal by Rei Dishon for the theme “the American dreamâ€
work like you don't need the money
forgive fast though kiss slowly
and dance like no one is watching
rei_dishon

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:56 am

how about a gift for every palestinian first....
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:08 pm

I know an Asian Burner that needs help with her proposal also.

Hey I know a Mexican and Black Burner that needs help also.

WTF is this shit anyway?

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:13 pm

allrighty now, so, A Black Burner, an Asian Burner and a Jewish Burner walk into a bar in winnemucca, who gets served first?
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:14 pm

:lol:

This thread needs to be a Mayo thread.

In fact If I were Israeli I wouldn't tell anyone. I'd be embarrassed.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:52 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYskawC6-GY[/youtube]

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Bob » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:29 pm

Ah..... DVD Burner, shithead Mideast ambassador of the eplaya, I presume.

Aren't all Israelis Palestinian?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:32 pm

Bob wrote:Ah..... DVD Burner, shithead Mideast ambassador of the eplaya, I presume.

Aren't all Israelis Palestinian?

Shithead Israelis dont think so anal Bob. Ask an Israeli.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:34 pm

I dont really care if Bob or anyone else doesn't have an issue with it but I have a problem with exclusionary people: viewtopic.php?t=23366&highlight=

And I really dont care for anyone that is proud of what Israel is doing these days.

Being Israeli is nothing to be proud of.

I have as big a balls to say what I have just as much as this Israeli has in posting this thread.

Israel is hurting my friends.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby MikeVDS » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:59 pm

Israel is hurting my friends.

Just about anyone can say that about any nation. So we can randomly attack people for being from any nation? I've never been one for trends but I like this new one. :twisted:
MikeVDS

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:01 pm

MikeVDS wrote:Just about anyone can say that about any nation. So we can randomly attack people for being from any nation? I've never been one for trends but I like this new one. :twisted:

True, very true.

It's why America got attacked in the first place.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby rdlebovic » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:29 pm

hey camera boy,
I like your proposal and the tribes around a fire
now replaced by a television description of it.
good luck with it.

as to the wankers
who feel this is the appropriate place for political criticism,
assuming that you are americans,
do you want to be personally judged
on the behavior of your government?
Yeah, me either.
hey all, burner headed back east, from southern ca to Asheville, NC, yes I know its over but im only returning now, need a ride?
rdlebovic

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 pm

hey rdlebovic, i couldnt agree with you more.

Americans are a bunch of whimpy assholes at the moment.

yep I said it. America sucks.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Sensei » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:50 pm

My god, what an idiot.
Sensei

Unbelieveable

Postby RevDusty » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:23 pm

DVD Burner,
CameraBoy posts a proposal for an art project and you go off ranting about his nationality? WTF???

Take a good look at your hatred...it's not healthy.
Rev. Dusty Sportswood
RevDusty

Postby DVD Burner » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:17 pm

Hi Rev.

You obviously missed the point and Sensei, well lets just call him an airport, everything flies over his head.

The point?

let me get this straight, for a proposal it is important for all of us to know he is an Israeli?

How about I post a thread like:

" Hi, I'm a Black African American Italian Asian looking for other like minded green people to help me write an art proposal and it's very important for everyone here to know that".

Yeah, let me start that thread right now.

Who really gives 2 flying fucks what the person is? I could see it if they were a handicapped or other type of challenging individual but to me, identifying oneself in that way leaves him open to criticism.

Why can they be just a person or a Burner?

That's my point.

And another thing, why is it so important to get in my case about this? I dont see anyone getting in Simon of the Playa's shit.

and:
RevDusty wrote:Take a good look at your hatred...it's not healthy.

yeah, I hate that every Israeli that has posted on eplaya has to make it a point to post that they are an Israeli and I really hate people having to have to come to their defense.

you enjoy what's going on in Israel? great if you do.

Expect the criticism if it's that important for one to identify themself as an Israeli.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby mereth » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:30 pm

I think, IMHO, he was saying he is an Israeli to indicate that he's COMING FROM ISRAEL. Not neccesarily a nationality thing, but a "hey, I'm coming from ____ and need some help." He said in the original post "little bit crazy here in Israel right now" which indicates that that is his physical location - not neccesarilty nationality.

If someone said "South African/Ghanan/Paraguayan/Thai/Khazakhstani burner need some help to get together art proposal" would it have the same effect on you?
Okay, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
mereth

Postby DVD Burner » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:33 pm

ok,

Point taken.

I still dont know what a persons location has to do with writing a proposal.

And I still dont see anyone getting in Simon's shit.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Sensei » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:53 pm

Maybe because Simon isn't an idiot?
Sensei

Postby mereth » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:12 pm

HEY HEY HEY. no low blows Sensei...

I wasn't particularly getting in anyone in particular's shit. Notice I didn't address my post to only you.

As far as what his location has to do with anything, well, look at the post again:
i'm looking for people who are interested in my project and welling to help a bit (still need to do the sketches and try to figure out the budget and check the cost of materials all the way from here)

It's difficult to estimate cost of materials in another country.
I know that (for example) in England, when you're on the net and you use a search engine, it will only come up with local resources rather than ones in a country on the other side of the globe.
Try to put yourself in his shoes: would it be easy for you to figure out the cost of and budget for building a geodesic dome in Egypt if you're getting all your materials after you get there?
Okay, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
mereth

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:44 pm

Sensei wrote:Maybe because Simon isn't an idiot?

Based upon the formulas I have used in regards to total syllable count factored with typos and false statements, Simon's IQ is between 76 and 79.

I had a little Israeli girl hanging with us all night during the Burn,
the fact that she was an Israeli had no effect on my heart being broken when she left us.
It probably did explain why she only had one eyebrow, though.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby Toolmaker » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:48 pm

DVD Burner wrote:And I still dont see anyone getting in Simon's shit.

I don't see his shit anymore.. plonked him long ago after all the rascist stuff.

I'm busy bringing myself up to speed on Scientology at the moment. Maybe I'll have time for racists next year after project chanology.
Should I bring the waders or just my combat boots?

edited to add:

I don't really have a problem with Israelis, but than again I'm not Palestinian. The only Jews I know are American Jews and most of them were party animals not Hasidic Jews n whatnot. Come to think of it I don't think I have ever hung out with a "practicing" Jew, wierd huh considering I ate bagels daily in NYC the 6 months I lived there. My old pal Jeff Lipman formerly of San Fran and Baltimore had family that were practicing the faith but he was a gay party animal that was kinda shunned by his relatives so I never met any of them.

Anyway.. ON TOPIC..

I think the project sounds cool.. nothing like fire at Burningman. I do think the gifts will be pilfered before the weeks end since they let anyone into BM these days. You may want to try to gift them out at the gate or get them added to the moop package everyone gets. That way everyone would really get one. With 50K participants you should bring 51K since you'll have jerks snaggin 2 here and there. Just my 1.2 cents. (dollar dropping again)
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Identifying oneself

Postby RevDusty » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:53 pm

Personally, I like meeting people from all over the world at Burning Man. I don't have a problem with someone telling me they are Israeli, Japanese, or Sioux for that matter. I'm really glad they are there. I have yet to meet anyone who used their nationality to be exclusionary. The original poster did not say only Israelis could be involved...it was a wide open invite, as it should be. No problem.

I sure hope he pulls it off...the more participation the better.
Rev. Dusty Sportswood
RevDusty

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:19 am

I enjoy meeting people from all over the world also.
I have tons of friends from all over the world.
In fact, not many of my friends even of late are from America, but they know me and i know them for being a person first not their nationality.
That's more important to me and to them also.

Anyhoo, i've made my point.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Sensei » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:10 am

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sensei

Postby Jew Boy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:49 am

[quote="DVD Burner"]I enjoy meeting people from all over the world also.
I have tons of friends from all over the world.
In fact, not many of my friends even of late are from America, but they know me and i know them for being a person first not their nationality.
That's more important to me and to them also.

Anyhoo, i've made my point.[/quote]

Lo sababa, ben zonah.
For this I left Poland?
Jew Boy

Postby DVD Burner » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:58 am

[url=http://uspolitics.tribe.net/thread/94998b12-aa72-4e84-af18-059f3cb09eca]Image

[/url]

OH YEAH!

Night!

My point made again! :twisted:

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby wedeliver » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:18 am

Funny how the subject matter of this thread jumps from Art and Perfomance to something that should be in the Political forum. The first response the guy gets is being blaimed for the ills of the world. Thats fucked up.

Simon, if you are a racist or you think that a user here on this system has the ability to correct the errors of their govt, please keep it in the appropriate forum. Please and thank you. and ol' dvdburner, not so much wup ass in the art forum.. k?

To Rei Dishon aka camera boy, change it to "camera man" (although, good boys and bad boys are welcome at BM) and you might get some respect.

Aside from all that, I got no idea what the fuck you are talking about Rei. How can anyone consult with you with such general discription. (sumthin' about mud huts and coins hanging from the ceiling??

Your idea, concept does seem interesting and I would like to hear more, but stay on track. The "reason you do something" really has no bearing to me, but I might like the final product and distribution methods.

One more thing Rei, you start off saying you wish to express thanks for the US giving Isreal $3 billion every year yet you are going to ask for more money from US? Why isn't this funded from Isreal instead of BurningMan or a company in Oaklank (that pays taxes that goes to your govt that you wish to say thanks for).
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

ok, ok lets make some order here

Postby rei_dishon » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:53 pm

what can i say - love you americans !! you acting kinda like the policy of my govrement - start shooting every where before asking too many questions.

"Simon of the Playa" and "DVD Burner" it seems like it had been a long long time since you have been in BRC (which i wish would have represent more minorities around america and the globe ....)

i could have used some dirty words here, or the DPW (which i had the honor to be part of in 2006) welcome slogen but i won't do down to your guys level - if you want guys, i invited you to a good debate over a coldf beer near the man (if i make it to BRC this year) -dont worry beer on me yeah - all the way from where i live - israel.

so, the only reason that i posted that i'm an israeli is because it makes it little bit harder to get a project down to the desert. i would welcome any person no matter what color, size, religon he/she is (space alians are welcome also :)

so, after we passed this little explaination - any other productive ideas to get this idea better or how to get it down to the desert ? (and yeah i already know about these little stupid things that says on them "in god we trust" but we dont have them in my country - we have other bullshit things ...)

peace burners
Rei Dishon

and yeah i know - my spelling sucks ass !!! but the speller on the polish computer that i'm working on right now since im in italy doesnt really work
i hope at least that it makes you guys smile
work like you don't need the money
forgive fast though kiss slowly
and dance like no one is watching
rei_dishon

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:22 pm

And to top it off, you are in Italy?

Kinda Moots mereth's point.

You dont know much about me nor I of you, though I do get an idea from the title of your thread.

(You could have also said "I am a burner in Italy")

But that's neither here nor there.

I'll take you up on that beer this year.

And as far as that spelling goes, Try using seamonkey, firefox or Safari 3.

All are made for mac and pc and have spell check.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Next

Return to 2008 Art & Performance