1. If you really need an air compressor on board, a small belt driven one could be added with a clutch such that you could disengage it when you needed more drive power.
2. If you plan on converting to four cylinder, and then decide to revert back to two, that would be easier than starting with two and finding out you needed four.
3. Just becasue I like to tinker, even if it took a couple hours to convert between two and four, I think it be fun to experiment with both so you understod the trade-offs rather than educated guesses.
4. If you had an air horn and a steam whistle, I wonder what kind of tunes you could make??
5. I have no idea how hard it was to handle last year, but would air assist brakes and steering be of any benefit??
Toolmaker wrote:Not to take any thunder away from LcN v2.0 but..
Did anyone get to see Chicken Johns walnut shell powered truck?
unjonharley wrote:The Contraption moves well with four people pumping the flywheel.. Dose this mean a smaller horsepower boiler and less steam pressure out put??
In that case you would not need all four.. The compresser could be releaved when more power to the flywheel was needed..
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest