2008 Event - Cheers and Jeers!

Postby PavementBlues » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:53 pm

Well hell, I got so distracted by my self-righteous lecture that I forgot to give my own cheers and jeers!

Cheers:
Everyone who got stuck in front of the gate on Monday and had a great time anyway.
The lady who heard me saying that I was depressed about our party-hard neighbor, called me over to listen to my woes, and gave me the best hug I have ever received. You were my favorite moment from Burning Man this year.
Hammock Camp (dear God yes oh shit Hammock Camp) and the fact that both years we have accidentally situated ourselves right near it.
The dude at the 3 o'clock plaza who was giving away Otter Pops, and his friend at the other end of the plaza who had the empty box and was collecting the garbage.
The Hug Deli, and every single person who ordered the Aunt Edna special.
The little girl who saved the Temple Burn for a lot of people with her joy and enthusiasm.

Jeers:
The fact that I just now realized that when my backpack was stolen last year, my journal with extensive documentation of Burning Man 2008 went with it. :(
The lady who rolled into the spot next to us on Friday and proceeded to treat Burning Man like a giant rave to be used and discarded.
The unnervingly large amount of people throwing garbage around and peeing on the open playa.
Everyone who psyched me out by telling me that your second year at Burning Man is a let down. Complete, unadulterated bullshit.

Two thousand and eight was a big, delicious block of fantastic. I can't wait for 2009.
PavementBlues

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:19 am

Cheers to PavementBlues for having such a large amount of smiley Roperness

I hope the avatar stays for a while......somehow it makes me happy inside.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby PavementBlues » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:59 pm

Roperness?
PavementBlues

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:17 pm

Oops...typo.....Rokerness.....sorry for the confusion.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Previous

Return to 2008 Theme