Is this going to be a shitty burn?

Postby pinemom » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:16 am

...Hmmm?

Sounds to me like this alt12 ....has a heavy set of expectations. ???

See dude....most of us have dreamed up even BIGGER Art to build for this year, and havent had the time to sit in front of a pc cause we're outside knocking that shit out!

Did you ever think of that for your expectation folder?

That because of the lack of action here in eplaya...that someone is building BIGGER SHIT to play with this year!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby Barbie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:24 pm

I love you to Capt Smashy!!! Please refer to the DO YOU FLIRT THREAD

Its sure to be A SHITTY burn- Now that I'm workin' on MY Barbie Doll strap ON!!! :wink: :twisted: :wink:
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!
Barbie

Postby CapSmashy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:14 pm

Barbie wrote:I love you to Capt Smashy!!! Please refer to the DO YOU FLIRT THREAD

It looked dark and scary in there. :)
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.
CapSmashy

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Postby CapSmashy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:15 pm

pinemom wrote:...Hmmm?

See dude....most of us have dreamed up even BIGGER Art to build for this year, and havent had the time to sit in front of a pc cause we're outside knocking that shit out!

That because of the lack of action here in eplaya...that someone is building BIGGER SHIT to play with this year!

Go git him mom!
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.
CapSmashy

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Postby pinemom » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:39 am

heheheee...........
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby alt12 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:11 pm

pinemom wrote:...Hmmm?

Smashy, this is the first glimpse of hope I've had all month....thank you....of course, people are too busy building crazy ass shit to be on eplaya...God I hope thats true! I for one have been inspired by this board to have a great time no matter what....I will just make it happen...
alt12

Burning Since: 2003

Postby Spicy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:18 am

Barbie wrote:Every bodys the same size on the GROUND

Having been under a 350 pounder last night and trying to get out from underneath him, I disagree. That fucker was huge. It took everything I had to sweep him.

:wink:
Black Rock City Combat Club
Where martial artists train, share, and compete on the Playa.
http://brc.cc
Spicy

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:33 am

Spicy wrote:
Barbie wrote:Every bodys the same size on the GROUND

Having been under a 350 pounder last night and trying to get out from underneath him, I disagree. That fucker was huge. It took everything I had to sweep him.

:wink:

Was it good for you?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Spicy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:35 am

The reach around was nice. ;)
Black Rock City Combat Club
Where martial artists train, share, and compete on the Playa.
http://brc.cc
Spicy

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:21 pm

:D

Maybe we should be asking ourselves if we are going to be shitty burners?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Temple Complex

Postby veleda » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:27 pm

My group is doing a massive temple complex with 6 temples mapped to various states of consciousness.

It's a huge across the country grass-roots self-funded project.

www.panthogenesis.com
veleda

entheon temple

Postby veleda » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:23 pm

yikes..i can't spell!

www.pantheogenesis.com

:)
veleda

Postby TomServo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:39 pm

its a shitty year, every year for johnny-on-the-spot. But our shit is their bread and butter.

Loved that bumper sticker!

Guess the shit level all depends on you...what are you expecting? why? Loved the dust storms last year...some people didn't.
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby atomosk » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:47 pm

I do feel there's a general movement away from participation to spectatorship. I blame this on a younger and more drug-oriented crowd. The older generation that was the vast majority of attendees when I began burning 9 years ago had slowly given way to a younger crowd that embraced the same participatory spirit. But I am seeing even them replaced by more ravers and those late teens, early 20-somethings more interested in being provided for than creating, raving, encourage EDM over spectacle, and center their experience around drugs and alcohol and the internal absolution the event offers. I'm not against drugs and alcohol but Burning Man does not work when the majority participate only by being intoxicated and mooching.
atomosk

Postby alt12 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:18 pm

atomosk wrote:I do feel there's a general movement away from participation to spectatorship. I blame this on a younger and more drug-oriented crowd. The older generation that was the vast majority of attendees when I began burning 9 years ago had slowly given way to a younger crowd that embraced the same participatory spirit. But I am seeing even them replaced by more ravers and those late teens, early 20-somethings more interested in being provided for than creating, raving, encourage EDM over spectacle, and center their experience around drugs and alcohol and the internal absolution the event offers. I'm not against drugs and alcohol but Burning Man does not work when the majority participate only by being intoxicated and mooching.

its always good to blame the younger set, it makes you age more quickly

....those dam teenagers and their rave music! ba humbug!
alt12

Postby OxyCottn420 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:58 pm

Barbie I will beat ur ass in MMA worst then Home Alone did to those 2 dip shits in the movies. I may not know Karate but I know Karazy and ill come at u like a tornado of arms, teeth, and finger nails.
Keep this planet clean, its not Uranus.
OxyCottn420

Postby gyre » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:17 pm

alt12 wrote:
atomosk wrote:I do feel there's a general movement away from participation to spectatorship. I blame this on a younger and more drug-oriented crowd. The older generation that was the vast majority of attendees when I began burning 9 years ago had slowly given way to a younger crowd that embraced the same participatory spirit. But I am seeing even them replaced by more ravers and those late teens, early 20-somethings more interested in being provided for than creating, raving, encourage EDM over spectacle, and center their experience around drugs and alcohol and the internal absolution the event offers. I'm not against drugs and alcohol but Burning Man does not work when the majority participate only by being intoxicated and mooching.

its always good to blame the younger set, it makes you age more quickly

....those dam teenagers and their rave music! ba humbug!

Modern everything!
gyre

makin' stuff and doin' shit

Postby magdalen23 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:55 pm

i think it's goig to be a GREAT, really EXCITING burn. :P i'm part of a 3000-person Theme Village devoted to computers on the playa, so we can all post here on ePlaya every day. for interactivity, we will :D have participants draw :lol: smileys on their arms with highlighter pens. :twisted: nice and yellow. it's going to be SO GREAT. i'm going to stay in EmotiConVillage the whole time (I'm planning to come out on Friday night so I'll have a really GREAT time :P being in the dessert for SO LONG) except for when the Man burns. wow! 8) c u there! :shock:
magdalen23

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Burning Tarot

Postby gyre » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:22 pm

gyre

Postby magdalen23 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:16 pm

oo h, that's the discus sion for me! thank you gyre. :? :o :?: :) :shock: :(

anyway, yeah, this is just the eplaya. think about it: even if someone posted a photo of a giant chandelier, a steam treehouse, or a La Contessa, it wouldn't be like rollin' up to it in person, on the Playa, wind streaming through your hair, dust caking your shoes, the smell of kerosene in your nostrils.

sure, it's gonna be a great burn and people are doing great stuff. "great stuff" doesn't always have to be large-scale art with a predictable "cool, it's on fire!" factor, either. i love the small, weird little interactive experiments and silly theme camps based entirely on one dumb pun.

oh, but if you DO wanna do something fun that's on fire this Burn: Matisse Enzer and the Mindshaft crew have put together some pretty fuckin' fabulous-looking flamethrowers for all of us to try out -- google the Fire Arts Festival at the Crucible in Oakland to find a preview of that.

one bummer: the economy and oil/transpo prices are keeping some great old-school Burners home this year. guess the rest of us will really have to represent. and, uhhh, "educate" the newbie yahoos while we're at it.* ya know, nice compassionate hippie goodness. explain the whole "Down in front" concept to snooty hipsters who pretend not to hear the people behind 'em at burns (would throwing tomatoes work? no, tomatoes are MOOP). ... force frat boys and weekend warriors to show their art and costumes at the gate... forcefeed that raver girl her pink boa before it scatters feathers from Center Camp out to the fence... break some fuckhead's camera when he's sneaking photos up girls' skirts... stuff like that.

love, hugs, and organic bunnies,
magdalen/caution girl/trash bitch

*note: yes of course most newbies aren't yahoos, and not all yahoos are newbies. i just heard a lot of reports that last year B Man was waaayyy to newbie-yahoo-looky-loo oriented. makes me nervous.
magdalen23

Postby gyre » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:07 am

I like flamethrowers.

I have a different opinion about sitting in the dust so one row of people is more comfortable.
gyre

Postby robotland » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:41 am

gyre wrote:I like flamethrowers.

I have a different opinion about sitting in the dust so one row of people is more comfortable.

Fuckin-A RIGHT, you are! I gotcher down-in-front RIGHT HERE.

*grasping and shaking genitals*
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby alt12 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:07 am

magdalen23 wrote:one bummer: the economy and oil/transpo prices are keeping some great old-school Burners home this year. guess the rest of us will really have to represent. and, uhhh, "educate" the newbie yahoos while we're at it.* ya know, nice compassionate hippie goodness. explain the whole "Down in front" concept to snooty hipsters who pretend not to hear the people behind 'em at burns (would throwing tomatoes work? no, tomatoes are MOOP). ... force frat boys and weekend warriors to show their art and costumes at the gate... forcefeed that raver girl her pink boa before it scatters feathers from Center Camp out to the fence... break some fuckhead's camera when he's sneaking photos up girls' skirts... stuff like that.

love, hugs, and organic bunnies,
magdalen/caution girl/trash bitch

*note: yes of course most newbies aren't yahoos, and not all yahoos are newbies. i just heard a lot of reports that last year B Man was waaayyy to newbie-yahoo-looky-loo oriented. makes me nervous.

personally I can't stand all this us versus them bullshit....its almost the anti-thesis of community in my mind...I'm not a "hippy", "newbie", "raver", "weekend warrior", "frat boy", "yahoo" (whatever that means), or a "hipster" but I'm glad their all there and I guess I'm old fashioned but I actually like people...

...if being an "old school burners" means shitting on everyone else, I say great stay home...
alt12

Postby JezebelinHell » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:41 am

I like people too, and actually find yahoos and ravers mildly amusing in the 'They're so dumb they can't tell when I'm making fun of them to their faces' sort of way, but Burning Man is not a team-building exercise. Hipsters are not people, and I'm free to hate them as a group. Doesn't mean that I have never met individual hipster/ravers/emotards that have actually been cool people regardless, but I reserve my right to talk shit about entire groups of people that rub me the wrong way. As such, you are free to talk shit about jaded, sardonic, tattooed lesbians who spend way too much time on ePlaya.
"The future is a whore, she promises herself to everyone."
--Poe
JezebelinHell

Postby magdalen23 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:05 am

whoops, i forgot to post the necessary Warning Label on my post. Here 'tis.

To enhance your reading experience, please:

1) Place tongue in cheek
2) Obtain grain of salt
3) Set silliness, sarcasm, and humor meters to eleven

i hope this clears things up. have a great burn.
magdalen23

Postby falk » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:56 pm

Dunno if this means anything, but I've been at the TechShop working on my project for this year, and the place is a ghost town. Last year it was packed with burners working on projects.
falk

Postby gyre » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:03 pm

magdalen23 wrote: ... force frat boys and weekend warriors to show their art at the gate...

Actually I do that at the gate.

I tell everyone we are out of space, so newcomers are restricted and they must justify their entrance.
And some of them really do.

"But I have a ticket."

Sometimes their friends are laughing so hard, they fall out of the car.
gyre

when is the big burn

Postby reslisnseattle » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:46 pm

This is my first time to burningman so I hope it's a good one-does anyone know is the main burn on the last night-meaning Sept. 1st or could it be sooner like Saturday. I heard last year they accidently torched the man way early on the 2nd day That could make for a shitty burn if you missed it.
First time to Burningman, anxious to meet lots of people, need a lot of questions answered.
reslisnseattle

Re: when is the big burn

Postby capjbadger » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:49 pm

reslisnseattle wrote:This is my first time to burningman so I hope it's a good one-does anyone know is the main burn on the last night-meaning Sept. 1st or could it be sooner like Saturday. I heard last year they accidently torched the man way early on the 2nd day That could make for a shitty burn if you missed it.

*chuckle* It was no accident...

Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:18 pm

No shit. Where's Paul Addis when you REALLY need him?
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Theme