Fuck This Theme

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:40 am

Goddammit! Capt. Goddammit, that was Damn Good.

i've got nothing......

you pretty much spelled it out in PLAIN ENGLISH.

now i'll go off to work nice and chipper knowing all is right on the eplaya.

and big daddy massive, please learn that most of us live by the credo

"Fuck em' if they cant take a joke" and laugh along and with....not at.
fuck you, it's magic

NO SLEEP TIL GERLACH

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby DaddyMassive » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:52 am

Yes I’m a troll if the mood takes me, but when this gets to court I’ll point out I was on topic (Fuck this theme) and was merely fucking the theme in the best way I knew how. I also stated in two previous posts I was being incendiary…but thanks for adding official dialect.

Regarding the accusations of passionately hating all things America. When have I ever said I whole heart-idly despise America? Try not to have such a polarised view.
I don’t like ultra-nationalistic behaviour (fascism) or people that don’t take the time to read what I write and then jump in with some generic half-arsed attempt to be hurtful (fucking morons).

Stop jumping to conclusions and bare in mind yourself and others here were the first to attempt personal attacks.

Democracy, Capitalism(plus consumer choice & advertising), Equality, War(and the A-Bomb) and space rockets…!
I attacked institutions NONE of you are immediately responsible for. (I say immediately so as not to upset people that think they are responsible for their governments and the collective voice of 300 million people).

I have a bunch of shit I hate about America & a bunch of shit I love.

Burning Man is one I respect greatly for various reasons and my experience from being there, the attitude of the people on the playa is far removed from the smug clique I read here in a lot of the posters.

Sure America has a lot of noble attitudes but to pay credit to the creators of such things, I can not celebrate it as something of yours….the AMERICAN dream.

America has done a great amount of good for this world. But a lot of it sadly tainted by the barrel of the gun. I don’t live in your country so I miss out on all those nuanced ideologies individuals may espouse.
But then, something an individual may believe in likely goes against the national trend and therefore can not be considered part of the American Dream. Certainly not from Larry’s description and certainly not by your groups behaviour of shouting down anyone who’s not a sycophant.

As I originally said, pinning down shit I feel TRULY grateful for(as a foreigner can you understand I won’t feel pride) that ISN’T in the area of music, movies and entertainment will be tricky.

For example, the internet is awesome! Invented by you lot and gawd bless you. But it was originally designed by the military as a defence for nuclear war... then pervs started sharing pictures of boobs and the thing took off like a Nazi rocket on the way to the moon (joke!!)
Much of your technological advancements(or any nations) result from military R&D or are designed for our entertainment. How can I in good conscience think to pick a theme and them brush over the genesis of it?

Regarding my choice of theme representation..
Hip Hop (not the 50 Cent/gangsta shit).. & Funk, Soul, Jazz is a glorious 100% American export.
I am passionate about these genres of music but know Hip-Hop especially is a fringe taste and has already been scoffed at last year, on this forum and will be when I play it this summer. But then again, when have I ever tried to gain for popular appeal.
;D
DaddyMassive

Postby Captain Goddammit » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:07 am

Well OK I'll admit I DID actually read all of what you wrote, I'm not a moron, but it was awful boring.
Yep, this is a "Fuck This Theme" thread, and we almost always hate the dumb "theme" that Larry comes up with.
We just don't like YOU because you are slanderous toward US, not the silly-ass theme.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm Going To Hawaii Instead

Postby DaddyMassive » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:15 am

US as in United States or US as in you and your lot?
:D
DaddyMassive

The American

Postby chiefdanfox » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:42 am

The dark continent of Europe roiled under centuries of war, oligarchy and a caste system established by the Romans. It was not simply American might, industry, blood and leadership that put an end to the millennia of horror, but the inspiring vision that fought and died with the common American in the fields and streets of Europe. We sank to the bottom of the Atlantic trying to reach those killing fields, and we worked our fingers to the bone to dig the Europeans out of the grave they so ignorantly shoveled for themselves. If that is not a dream come true, then there are no such things as dreams, and there are no such people as Americans.
chiefdanfox

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:05 pm

for a supposed englishman, you come across as a FLAMINGingly french...
fuck you, it's magic

NO SLEEP TIL GERLACH

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby DaddyMassive » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:06 pm

I'm pretty sure I covered well paid mercenaries in a previous post, but I've thought of something else trollish to say in response..
/me coughs

Meanwhile Americans were saving their ignorance for lynching people for being black. And speaking of true Americans, didn't you kill nearly all the indigenous ones?
DaddyMassive

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:25 pm

who? the Mormons?

as far as i can tell there is still an assload in Utah...
fuck you, it's magic

NO SLEEP TIL GERLACH

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby Teo del Fuego » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:11 pm

if everyone went around the bridge, the troll would starve and go away
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:51 pm

you're right, i should put billy goat gruff horns away....
fuck you, it's magic

NO SLEEP TIL GERLACH

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

ahh the bent of history

Postby chiefdanfox » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:21 pm

We Americans didn't just lynch black folks, we lynched white folks, brown folks, yellow folks, red folks. I had a white ancestor lynched in his own front yard in Kansas for attempting to return a run away slave back to Missouri. It was Kansas law that run away slaves were to be returned, though it was a "free" state. My great great grandfather had a run in with a really pissed-off group of abolitionists.

Out here in California, we burned out and murdered most of the Chinese during the Yellow Scare. One of my poker buddies' mom was in a Japanese camp in WWII. We fuck with everyone.

The paltry number of Indians Americans killed, lynched, raped and tortured pales to the number the Portuguese and French fishermen in the 1400's killed off by sneezing on them. The French and Portuguese fished the Grand Banks and built seasonal camps to dry cod, 70-80 years before Columbus and his crew fucked their way through the Caribbean. By the time the Brits and the Dutch showed up, something like 85% of the North American Indians had died from variations of swine flu. The Indians had no pigs or cattle, so they had no immunity to flu, pox, etc. Pinkskins 1. Redskins 0. Your ball.
chiefdanfox

Postby Rolan Headon » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:43 pm

Being the kind who turns his head away passing a bloody wreck, I returned to this flame war after being bugged all day doing my dumb little high school drop out jobs.
Daddymassive, put up my hand for you cause of natural tendency for underdogs and I don't think you said anything terrible to start out, tho i knew I'd piss off the already pissed. Simon mentioned he's in New York and I commercially fished on the east coast for years (when someone would do something really stupid they'd say "What's the fuck's the matter with you - you from California?) and in New York friends insult each other in amusing style and do it well, a sign of affection. Never should have spoke about what he meant (I took it as a joke, tend to think he's funnier than shit) and hope I didn't piss him off- never piss off a New Yorker and it looks like you have and probably me too.

As to rag wars with the Captain and crew, you're on your own and good luck.

Any way you're well armed if outnumbered and remember one ugly American risked eternal disgrace sympathizing with ya. Fed up and bristly may be our national mood. Save me a beer and we'll pretend to be Canadian when the lynch mobs come.
Was born late and falling ever further behind, will soon be in the lead.
Rolan Headon

Postby Captain Goddammit » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:04 pm

Rolan Headon wrote:
As to rag wars with the Captain and crew, you're on your own and good luck.

Nevermind, the silly-"arse" Brit twit can write all he wants, I just wanted to point out some inaccuracies and inconsistencies with his yammering, but it's become boring.

Just for shits and giggles, imagine popping up in an almost entirely U.K. forum, dedicated to some U.K. event, insulting the Brits and almost everything about them. Think you'd take some heat??
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm Going To Hawaii Instead

Postby Kinetik V » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:39 pm

Yawn! New troll visits eplaya. Film at 11! (sorry, couldn't resist saying that)

What's a new year without another good troll to come in and stir up some crap. If one stops a minute and looks at the various posts and posting styles IMHO it looks like we've got ourselves a sock puppet and not a troll.

It's going to be fun waiting for "it" to slip up and reveal an identity.

In any event while the rest of you are playing with socks, some of us are sketching out ideas that mesh quite nicely with the theme of I'm going to get to go to Black Rock City this year and theme or no theme I'm going to enjoy the experience.

Don't tell me I'm the only one online these days with a similar mindset?
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:16 am

sock puppet or not, i've already begun the process of isp hunt and meltdown.

BigDaddyMassive is going to be BigDaddyMissing.
fuck you, it's magic

NO SLEEP TIL GERLACH

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby DaddyMassive » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:18 am

Sadly, I'm not a sock puppet. I'm too lazy to hide behind disguises.

Regarding what’s going on in the thread, we’re pretty well much going in circles now and that seems a good enough place to stop as far as I’m concerned. I’ll happily be a twat if required, but I’ve said all I need to say (and more) and I don’t feel any over-riding negativity towards the US & certainly not with it’s citizens.

Rolan, thanks for voicing your support earlier. Sorry I reacted the way I did...carried away in the moment and whatnot. I'll be sure to keep a beer on ice for you.

Similarly to others here, I stand by the majority of what I said but I do regret belittling your involvement in WW2 and speaking ill of those that lost their lives. The fact of the matter is a lot of counties contributed greatly to the allies victory and we’re always going to favour our own people’s efforts because it was our parents and grand parents who experienced the true horror of it all.

Moving on from that, you'll all be glad to hear I've come up with a positive on-topic theme for my camp far removed from anything in this thread. Even better, it doesn’t primarily involve music, movies or entertainment…though hopefully it’ll be entertaining. Plans with my American friends are pretty advanced now & I hope, come August, some of you will drop by for a cup of tea or something stonger and a nice chat about national identity or something weaker.

Until we troll again.
DM
DaddyMassive

Postby DaddyMassive » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:20 am

Each to their own Simon..if you really feel censorship is what's needed be my guest.
DaddyMassive

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:33 am

well, i dont think you're a sock puppet, you havent slipped in your use of the (ou) in favour, flavour, etc. and that is the english spelling, but i wonder as always, the who, what, where, and why.

was it just to be snarky?

that's cool with me, i am an asshole alot, in order to wrap that one little Kernal of truth in a whole pile of dog-shit....

if this was your intention, then i will gladly step in the pile....

if you are here to harass for the sake of harassing, then i will quickly wipe you from my shoe.
fuck you, it's magic

NO SLEEP TIL GERLACH

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby DaddyMassive » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:21 am

I'd say my purpose was to incite but not to be personal and in a way do some soul searching of my own... but then it decended into mud slinging and I regretted carrying it on.

Regarding the who, what, where.. I won't bore people with it here and now.

I may be a troll but i try to be on topic.
DaddyMassive

Postby AntiM » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:36 am

Ah, reasonable, rational adults working out their problems in a mature way. I'm so proud. No, really, I am.

(Just a little cranky mod snark, nothing to see here, move along) :P
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

neocon meltdown

Postby chiefdanfox » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am

I'm just here to wave Old Glory at you Commies.

Oh FUCK! She's on fire! Gotta stomp it out, save the flag! Oh shit, it touched the ground! Now I have to burn it! Oh noooo, its on fire!
I'm melting! Oh what a world!
chiefdanfox

Postby Rolan Headon » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:02 pm

All the fault lies here...reading over the thread, I, yo bozo, invited foreign burners to "...broadside us a little...". This offer is now void and prohibited.
Was born late and falling ever further behind, will soon be in the lead.
Rolan Headon

Postby Omnithought » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:02 pm

Just make it what you want. You don't have to stick to the theme. Make it YOUR dream.

Also, if words offend you, ignore them. They don't dictate the truth.
Omnithought

Postby wonderphil » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:02 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:burning man is as american as elvis pie...

now wrap your green ass in the red white and blue and come join us at camp scoundrel, you dirty fucking hippy.

BURNING MAN 2008, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT, commie.

get a haircut while your at it, and for GOD'S SAKE, shave your legs.

LMfuckinAO Simon , another great post! BTW, the one where you gave the box of photos to the daughter was the best I have read in my two days of newbie BM virgin lurking on these threads.
wonderphil

Postby TomServo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:05 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:Well OK I'll admit I DID actually read all of what you wrote, I'm not a moron, but it was awful boring.
Yep, this is a "Fuck This Theme" thread, and we almost always hate the dumb "theme" that Larry comes up with.
We just don't like YOU because you are slanderous toward US, not the silly-ass theme.

I love my country..and hate my government..is it really that stupid? I thought so at first.
, but explored the idea. I don't hate myself for being american anymore.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby Kenny Z » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:31 pm

So could anybody tell me if there has been a year that somebody didn't complain about the theme?

How come anytime someone mentions "America" things get political. Yup America ain't perfect but if we want to line up every country and brainstorm their flaws and mistakes, America may just look okay.

You want a good example of an American dream? How about the fact that so many Americans consistently berate their own country without suffering any consequences. Some countries would execute you for that. If anybody feels cheated for living in a country that has made and still makes mistakes, move to China and tell me your opinion of the States a year later.

Obviously Burning Man can't please all 40,000 burners every year and people expect America to please the entire world population?

Think positive, not politics and have a good time.
Kenny Z

Postby TomServo » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:51 pm

Kenny Z wrote:So could anybody tell me if there has been a year that somebody didn't complain about the theme?

How come anytime someone mentions "America" things get political. Yup America ain't perfect but if we want to line up every country and brainstorm their flaws and mistakes, America may just look okay.

You want a good example of an American dream? How about the fact that so many Americans consistently berate their own country without suffering any consequences. Some countries would execute you for that. If anybody feels cheated for living in a country that has made and still makes mistakes, move to China and tell me your opinion of the States a year later.

Obviously Burning Man can't please all 40,000 burners every year and people expect America to please the entire world population?

Think positive, not politics and have a good time.

I liked the floating world theme in 2002. I miss LaContessa...

..and I agree by the way
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby Funky Monkey Mech » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:20 pm

DAM IT!
I thought the theme was Bacon again this year..... when the fuck did they switch it to Pizza...

and after all the time and planning i put into trying to build the bacon dome... two men enter... then die of a heart attack....

ok so maybe the last joke was not that funny.
" Holy shit did that just fucking happen"
....anything is possible in the wacky land of imagination
Funky Monkey Mech

Postby chiefdanfox » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:29 pm

It is pizza with Canadian bacon. It is the American dream with international flair!
chiefdanfox

reality check please

Postby Sceloporus » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:19 pm

no..

it's

The American Dream.

and the city streets are named after cars.

Fence Lizard
Sceloporus

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 Theme