transportation on the Playa

transportation on the Playa

Postby aserendipity » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:01 pm

may I ride on your art car? In truth I forget myself and would appreciate a ride.
aserendipity
aserendipity

Postby trilobyte » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:00 pm

As long as I've got room to take on passengers safely, and you ask nicely (as opposed to just leaping onto a moving vehicle), then of course!

I can't speak for other art car builders or drivers out there, but for me the experience of creating and bringing something to the playa is to share it with as many people as I can. While compliments are appreciated, it's not so much for the ego stroking as it is a desire to dream out loud and share those dreams and ideas with others.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Trilo

Postby aserendipity » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:14 pm

Please may I catch a ride ?

How shall I find you?

Is there a name for your site?
Thank You , Thank You!

aserendipity
aserendipity

Postby meyouseek » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:37 pm

Hey there aserendipitous one. There will be lots of art cars and buses out there for you to choose from. It's usually best to walk up to a stopped vehicle and check with the driver as to their destination and whatnot. The larger vehicles are usually easier to bum rides from... but don't count on getting where you want to go. The vehicles roam where they will.

I also advise doing most of your riding early in the week before everything gets crowded... ie don't expect a mutant vehicle to drive you home after partying on Friday night. You can increase your chances with bribes.
meyouseek

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:08 pm

Yeah... the offer is for the occasional ride, not to provide some kind of playa chariot or personal conveyance.

Look for The Great Abyss, and you shall find it.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Burner till death » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:09 am

As an art car owner what peeves you? pushy people? demands for destinations? rude patrons? how do you handle it all? Just wondering. I had opportunity to ride a dozen cars and saw some pretty rude people, and some very callous drivers. I just want to make sure that I get this right. I think i did good for my first year. I ask to get on, and say thank you always.
Burner till death

Return to 2007 Theme Camps