Reality Campers. when to vote a campmate out

Reality Campers. when to vote a campmate out

Postby unjonharley » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:57 pm

when they keep peeing on the car tire until the whole camp stinks..

when they throw there unwanted food in the evap pond..
unjonharley

Postby sunn » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:43 pm

When they say, "Can I sleep in your RV? My tent's kinda cold"
sunn

Postby Eric » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:04 pm

When they ask if they can borrow your bike every day because they forgot to bring one

When they cause the biggest mess in camp but refuse to help with daily moop-patrol
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scammers and Scalpers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby hunter S » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:31 pm

When they keep bringing home "new friends" & drain the camp bar that they didn't contribute to!
Objects behind you may appeare larger than reality!
hunter S

Postby ibdave » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:41 pm

As the one who got Voted off in our camp.. tore into others Art and ripped it up... Yea, that got him Voted off real quick like..... 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby EB » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:53 pm

When their creme brulee doesn't give a satisfying CRACK when rapped with my dessert spoon.
Irony. You're soaking in it.
EB

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Jerk Camp

Postby mdmf007 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:31 pm

what about the LEECH - you know the one - eats all the food thats prepared, makes messes, showers for 15 minutes every day, grabs bottles and mixes huge drinks, is loud and inappropriate and doesnt lift a finger to help out anywhere. -

definately gets you booted.
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby Toolmaker » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:25 pm

when you find out that they smoke cigs but "forgot" to bring any of their own.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby AntiM » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:39 am

When they know your camp is specifically no smoking and light up a bowl anyway because it isn't a cigarette.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby trilobyte » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:42 pm

LOL AntiM... we had some ppl visiting our loft a while back that did the same thing. Our building is non-smoking. A guest asked us if we minded that they smoked. We said sorry, it's a non-smoking building. Said guest then proceeds to break out their pipe and pot like we'd just given him the go-ahead. Then when we pointed out that the building was non-smoking regardless of what's being smoked, he actually asked me if it would be cool to smoke in the bathroom then....

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby AntiM » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:51 pm

hehehehe ... so sad, so funny.

I especially like the folks who tell me that secondhand potsmoke is good for my asthma.
AntiM

Postby meyouseek » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:08 pm

Eric wrote:When they ask if they can borrow your bike every day because they forgot to bring one

This guy in our camp did me one better... he borrowed my antique Raleigh Twenty and left it on the other side of the playa. Then he didn't bother to go back and get it. By the time I got fed up and went to retrieve it myself, it was gone.

Man, this still makes me mad! Why did I forgive him for this?

Keep an eye out for a folding model of the one seen below with a Hans Ohrt Bicycles plaque on it. Luckily I had a pair of them so one is returning to the playa for it's 7th burn.

meyouseek

Postby The CO » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:52 pm

Hmmm, set the wayback machine...

Ernies list of sins:

Didn't have a ticket, or enough money to buy one, so had to bum money of others at the gate.
Peed in the corner of the kitchen tent.
Washed his feet in the dishwater.
Didn't have enough water, was told to buy more at the K-falls stop & didn't, then stole water from others in camp; would grab a gallon, wander off, come back an hour later with no water cause he forgot it somewhere, and grab another gallon.

Booted his ass out 1.5 days into the event and did not give him a ride back. We actually did abandon this asshat in the desert, and if he had died I would not have been sad in the slightest.
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404://Village Not Found

Postby plowman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:44 pm

When he helps himself to your beer because he didn't have room in his car for that "last cooler", And you find out later that day, he lied to you and he isn't 21.
2 BIG no no's
plowman

Postby AntiM » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:31 pm

Granted this was not at Burning Man, it was hiking, but ... uses the last of your fresh drinking water to rinse their tee shirt.
AntiM

Postby unjonharley » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:59 pm

bump
unjonharley

Postby pinemom » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:36 am

Drama Queens or Kings!...period.
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby ibdave » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:12 am

When a very cool person replies 4-5 mornings in a row " Did I do/say that?? I don't remember that"

Were done with this person... I kills me inside to have to deal with this later, but if this person gets clean and sober soon and has time to heal, then things may change.. We can only hope... :? :? :?
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby trilobyte » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:10 pm

Sorry to hear about it ibdave... Simply inform your wayward campmate that you won't be hosting 'blackout camp' in the future lol.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:21 pm

Sorry, man I lost that canteen you lent me... Hey! What are you doing to my sleeping bag?!

It's like that.
Ugly Dougly

Postby kitten_sf » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

how about if they're just vastly annoying but haven't committed any "crimes"?

"we just don't like you... yes, all of us... and you're scaring our guests" just doesn't roll off the tongue.

sometimes that "radical acceptance" thing can be a huge challenge.
:: Comfort & Joy
:: http://www.playajoy.org
kitten_sf

Postby falk » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:03 pm

EB wrote:When their creme brulee doesn't give a satisfying CRACK when rapped with my dessert spoon.

Creme Brulee Camp! Fucking AWESOME. Thanks for the idea. I love making creme brulee.

Oh, um, back on topic. We had someone who, when told his kitchen water would have to be filtered before being dumped into the evap pond, decided to just dump it onto the playa instead.
falk

Postby Tiahaar » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:33 am

OK, gotta relate this one: A good friend from another camp comes up Sunday evening and asks if a lady from his camp can come and fix cheese & chicken quesadillas on my stove. He has this strained please? please? pleading look as if to say 'please get her out of my camp for this'...red flag...but I say OK.

Soon they come back, and this nice woman gets right at it...pulls out a huge block of cheese, chops it up all over the counter...turns out she also has exactly 2 tortillas and a whole bag of uncooked chicken legs/wings.

"Oh, here lets cook all the chicken, and do you have any noodles? We can make mac and cheese with the chicken!" she says. I get her a pot and convince her to just boil all the bird parts (there's like less than an hour and everyone wants to go out to the temple burn). I go outside to get my friend and a couple other guests some chairs and drinks, then go back to check on the cook...

The chicken is leaking reddish water out of its bag into the cheese pile..."oh this is not good!" I say, trying to clean up and dump the chicken into the pot. Meanwhile the 'cook' has put a whole package of spaghetti I found her into a smaller two quart pan of water...its sticking out all over, no room to boil. Egads.

Everyone splits the one cheese quesadilla (I hope the cooking killed off any chicken juice bugs) and I go check on the cook again...she's trying to stir all 32 ounces of cheese into the pan of clumped up spaghetti...cheese on the stove, on the floor...

The chicken meanwhile has been boiling away for 15 minutes now. It gets dumped into a skillet and coated with BBQ and hot sauce. Whew. Done, and quite good even. The clumpy mac&cheese gets shared around, I send the cook off with a big container of leftovers, and at least as far as I know everyone survived. The stove still has not been cleaned up. The kitchen no longer accepts 'guest' cooks : )

(oh and I had a "pee-on-the-tire" guy next to me too...he was all like 'what's the problem??' when asked to please walk the 200 feet to the porta potties...twit)
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Return to 2007 Theme Camps