Carcass Wash--What's Your Opinion?

Postby Fix » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:20 pm

To be HCW ?, or not to be ? ...

I have never participated in the wash myself... although I have seen it many times over the last 5 yrs ... I have seen the good (nakey european female models) and the not so good, .. got moon-eyed by a bending butter-finger who must have dropped the soap right as I glanced in that direction.....

BUTT !... who cares !

Because dudes...!! NEWS FLASH !!

That is what BM is all about t h e -Freedom !...

....(except when it comes to the too loud camps)....

Here's my take - the name could have been better..something away from reminding me of a dead squirrel would have been nice..like the.."Sodt touch love wash..or something...but...live & let live..

Now for the icing on the cake ..

Thank Alla, Jov, Mad Max, Jo momma, Jeebus, Jessie and Jose and who ever else..for we are blessed to be near the the goodness of people like Scotto (guys and gals) who work so hard to get it done...

because it is folks like SCOTTO ..who do this...for the "all" of us.

Scotto is one of the friggin greatest BURNERS and camp Leaders out there.... period. ......

So if you wanna see and you wanna learn... about the concept of BM -or what BM should be ...or strives to be..or what is great about BM,

well then, listen and learn from these friggin amazing camp leaders and participants..... Scotto is one example of many out there who "do" this kind of thing, work, effort...etc..to "make it happen".

So Kudos!!... to Scotto and Stroke Greg...and many other LEADERS and PARTICIPANTS in theme camps..all over the city, they make it happen and to all those who do not shy away from mooping up to the last crumb are the true spirited ones.

listen and learn...

cause it's all about the love....and...the freedom.

Fix.
Fix

Postby SpaceCowboy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:58 am

Tell me it isn't so. Has Nevada really outlawed the HCW? 2007 was my first year and I didn't get to visit this camp. 2008 was the year I was going to partake. This makes me very sad. :cry:
SpaceCowboy

Postby Burner till death » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:16 am

i I found the carcass wash fascinating. You could tell the guys that liked to push the limits and were there to perv right off the bat. There are enough people there that it is easy to simply say stop and they do. I enjoyed it and felt clean when I left. I felt overall respectde and only had to remind one person that the bikini line is off limits and thanks/

I hear that the dept of health is looking at them? possibly wanting to shut them down?

just a rumor thats not founded - any truth?
Burner till death

Postby scotto » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:22 am

As Camp Daddy of PolyParadise, I have not been contacted by anyone at the Nevada State Health Department, nor am I aware of anyone in our camp being contacted On-Playa or Post-Playa

If the issue is our 'Water Source', I would certainly purchase water from whatever source was indicated.

If NSHD persons are viewing Eplaya, I can be contacted @

scotto@burningman.com

If there is an issue with the HCW, I hope that we can come to an agreement to allow it to continue as a Playa staple, as so many people enjoy this event, it would be a shame for it to be banned.

Scotto
Burning Man is a Participatory Sport! Lead by Example!
scotto

Camp Name: PolyParadise

Postby ultraaman » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:54 pm

As far as the new ordinance - are squirt bottles considered a "shower"? Dunno, just asking.

Anywho, I went to the HCW twice. Enjoyed it both times tho the 1st time was a waste since right as I got to the point of getting wet, a white out blew thru. DOH! Caked-on mess it was. As for the gay vibe, I got gaydar from space and I didn't pick up on that at all. I did see more men than women but I'd expect that and the ones I met in line either made a point of telling me they were str8 or introduced me to their girlfriends/wives. There was one kinda creepy old guy this one time but he was borderline feeling up everyone so I didn't feel discriminated or targeted.
"Have the courage to live. Anyone can die" - Robert Cody
ultraaman

Postby Box Burner » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:58 pm

Hey maybe you should move over to the 3:00 side of the city. we need to get washed too! :D
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby magicmarty » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:37 am

The Human Carcass wash was simply a wonderful fun trip and I did it twice and look forward to it again in 2008. Did not feel it was a gay thing, but rather a people thing. Loads of laughing. Try it, you'll love it!!!

Some of the positive longer comments above are right on

See you at the HCW in 2008. I'll be the guy first in line! :D
"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties" - Erich Fromm

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty
magicmarty

Previous

Return to 2007 Theme Camps