Which camps are still open?

Postby ufc89 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:51 pm

Hi, i'm a virgin burner coming over from Ireland. Does anyone know any cool camps still accepting people? I don't mind paying camp fees and i'm not much of a cook so one with provides food would be great. Any help is appreciated, thanks
ufc89

Postby trilobyte » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:06 pm

There isn't any master list that shows whether the camp is still accepting members. My recommendation would be to look through the boards here and the list of registered theme camps, find one that interests you, and hit them up directly.

Good luck, and have a safe trip!

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby griffin » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:14 pm

cypress lounge bingo is still accepting people.
(look us up on the theme camp listing)

Buy-in is $400 per person.

That covers your food, booze, water, shower, and behind the scenes use of our theme camp. We have an excellent cook.

We are pretty laid back people. We put on Bingo games in the late afternoon, and we have a chill bar at night. More of a mellow lounge atmosphere than a loud party scene. There's enough of that at burning man.

If your interested let me know soon, and I can give you more details. We are buying water soon, so we need to have a firm head count.

griffin
----------------------------
yesterday was unique
today was the same
www.cypresslounge.com
griffin

Postby plowman » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:15 pm

Check out Stag camp
plowman

Postby DancesWithMeese » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:38 pm

Ditto as with UFC. I'm also a newbie, but from Northern Ontario (Igloos, dog sleds ....). Aby info on camps open tp "virgins" would be appreciated. My domestic skills aren't quite up topar, but I'd be willing to help out at the camp in any way that I can .....
DancesWithMeese

Postby The CO » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:49 pm

griffin wrote:Buy-in is $400 per person.

That covers your food, booze, water, shower, and behind the scenes use of our theme camp. We have an excellent cook.

Sounds great. But kinda destroys that whole "self reliance" thing out the window, don't it?
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404://Village Not Found

Postby MikeVDS » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:24 pm

Sounds great. But kinda destroys that whole "self reliance" thing out the window, don't it?

Not really, relatively speaking. I'm buying my food, booze etc. It'd be cool if i grew and made all of my own supplies but I think most of us just go to the store and buy our stuff. Making sure that something has been arranged and having backup plans is a pretty common form of what we call self reliance.
MikeVDS

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Postby griffin » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:18 am

Sounds great. But kinda destroys that whole "self reliance" thing out the window, don't it?[quote]

No. It doesn't.
yesterday was unique
today was the same
www.cypresslounge.com
griffin

Postby griffin » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:18 am

Thanks MikeVDS. That's exactly the response I was going to give. There are all kinds of levels of self reliance from joining a huge theme camp to Dickie in a Box. There are very few, if any people that go to Burning Man without spending a dime. It's just a matter of where you spend that money. We simply offer to do the grocery shopping for people. You still have to take care of yourself while your there though. And do you really want all fourty something thousand people cooking their own meails every day. That would use way more cooking fuels than cooking for groups of people. Not very green.

Since every point can be argued to death, let's just keep this posting to what it was intended for. A virgin burner is looking for a group to join. You can camp your way, we can camp ours.

Please, let's not make this the topic of this posting. UFC89 is looking for a camp to camp with whether it's mine or somebody elses. Let's show UFC89 that our community is a supportive one, not a judgemental one.
yesterday was unique
today was the same
www.cypresslounge.com
griffin

Postby sunn » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:47 am

Summer of Love camp can still take a virgin or a vet or two
sunn

Summer of Love ....

Postby nocturnal_steve » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:56 pm

For info about Summer of Love see
viewtopic.php?t=21068&highlight=
Stay hydrated my friend.
nocturnal_steve

Burning Since: 1997

Postby peregrina » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:53 pm

hey summer lovies,
i'm lookin for some serendipity camp-wise/have my own to share! i've been up in the air abt going bc of job concerns... but - wing& a prayer time - i'm looking to take flight for the playa for the first time!
i think your camp sounds fun & would love to contribute however i can.
if you haven't already left for the playa could you let me know whether you're still scoping for frixe? oh yeah also, is there a camp gift for kitchen etc, or food donations, or anything in particular i could be lookin to bring? much luv, thx :)
peregrina

Postby peregrina » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:27 pm

ah, posting in the wrong place - they won't let me edit dammit! obviously that was meant for summer of love. givin virgins a good name, huh?
peregrina

Postby Itzbeyond1ziz » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:35 pm

For the Virgin ladies...chek out the "Gypsie Nomads," it is for open-minded first year burner woman. A friend of mine is camping with them, they provide a full on decident amount of shelter, food, necessities, the whole 9. For Free!! But Im sure they would love the extra help To set up, get and give back always... I believe they are located at 4:30 and Intertidal.

Much Love, enjoii the burn...
.::These eyes are Not your eyes, and these eyes are not the Color that, your Weary eyes Might be.::.
Itzbeyond1ziz

Return to 2007 Theme Camps