Playa Q -- BBQ fanatics welcome, deadline July 13

Playa Q -- BBQ fanatics welcome, deadline July 13

Postby Cooky » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:01 pm

The Playa Q, home of the best damn pulled pork on the playa, has openings for a few more campers. We make no bones about it, Q campers work hard. We also play hard. We take our meat seriously. And, we take gifting it on playa even more seriously. We run a State of Nevada health dept certified kitchen. We've have spirited discussions about what makes the best BBQ sauce, bourbon and gumbo.

What is the Q?
Well... it's started as 3 guys and a grill on the playa in 2003 and has grown to a 100 person camp that brings you the Ancient Gallery's black light art, the Ubercarney bar and performance BBQ.

This year's Q projects:
Black Light Art Gallery, Carne Armada, perhaps a Rock Star Dinner although I've heard they're a rumor, Sunday night Fire Bar and the Ubercarney Bar.

Work and dues:
A'yup... every Q camper does 1 dish shift, 1 camp shift and 1 project shift. You also pay dues to help bring the art projects to the playa. Last year we hauled in and gave away over 3000 pounds of meat. We eat the best lunch on playa and we give away kitchen magic. Dues average $200/person to make this possible.

Who camps with the Q?
We come from all over the country with pockets of Q campers located in Boise, Chicago, Detroit, Miami, NYC, Orlando, San Diego, San Francisco, and Sacramento. Care to join us?

Deadline to join the Q is July 13.

Learn more and sign up at:

Postby pbmaniac2000 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:39 pm

If i didn't already have a theme camp i would be all over this. I'm a bbq fiend. I own a tow behind good one smoker. It won't be at bm this year, but maybe next year.

Here she is.....

Warning: obnoxious talking video on the left when you open the page.

Postby MrMullen » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:41 am

Best Camp on the Playa, period.

I camped with them last year and it was a drama free, good eating and super friendly people.
Mr Mullen

Postby gyre » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:18 pm

Where are you going to be located?
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.

Return to 2007 Theme Camps