Stag Camp

Postby motskyroonmatick » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Plowman!!!
I've been thinking about you as all these winter storms have been hitting the west. Probably not much in the way of jake brake noise on 80 these days.
Hope your well man! I still remember the bacon and biscuits.
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby plowman » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:20 am

Yep! Been busy, had more overtime than regular time this pay period. It beat me up but the paycheck sure was pretty. I've been thinking alot about bisquits and bacon too, always better with a dash of playa dust
plowman

Postby motskyroonmatick » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:35 pm

Everything is better with a dash of playa dust! That over time is huge. Woah. I'm really feeling the crunch of the mortgage crisis and housing downturn. Out of 130+ field crew guys only about 20 are working. Luckily I am one of them but times they are a changing. Plow on!!

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Postby emotion_sickness » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:42 pm

PLOWMAN!!! hey neighbor!! yeah i sure do miss your breakfast...bacon never tasted so good!

havent gotten my ticket yet...one of the drawbacks of bein a poor college student...and if things go as they are looking like they will, i may not be able to make it down there this year at all...I applied for a summer job at Glacier Natl Park as an asst mgr of a gift shop...but i'm gonna try my hardest to make it!! i hear glacier is about as life changing as BM tho, very strong sense of community, sadly tho, no lasers or explosions :(
emotion_sickness

Postby kndherb » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:02 am

Is this a camp for people that are going solo. If so is there any chance I could get involved
kndherb

Postby motskyroonmatick » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:08 pm

kndherb,
Yes it is a camp for self sufficient individuals, couples and small groups.
Tell us a little about your self and yes it is very likely that you can be involved. We did not turn anyone away last year. Reading this whole thread if you have not already will give you an idea of the character of camp.

motskyroonmatick

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:56 pm

Mwahhhh!!

((((((motskyroonmatick)))))

You guys are tooo kewl!!!!!
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby melancholy harlot » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:31 pm

plowman!!!!!!!!!!! i think of you every time i listen to willie nelson - which is like every day. i think it must be the long silver hair. miss you tons! love that stag camp is already attracting independent minded burners.
melancholy harlot

Postby plowman » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:56 pm

Melancholy Harlot!!!!!!!!!
Willie Nelson?? Iv'e been told I resemble Wild Bill Hickok but I don't want to go that way either, ones old and ones dead.lol
Iam looking forward to seeing all of you this year.

kndherb;looking forward to meeting you
plowman

Just got my tickets!!!

Postby kreamyjif » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:51 am

Hey Everyone, me & my dad (Colin & Gerald) just bought our tickets last weekend!!! This year we'll be back with the whole family, my mother & brother included. I can't wait to see everyone again.
Kreamyjif
kreamyjif

Postby diverdude » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:32 pm

Hello Everyone,

This will be my first year at burningman. It is looking like It will be just me, solo, since my friend has backed out already? Anyways, I am trying to find a group I can camp with and Kinda have a home base. I am fully self contained. I have been living on a Commercial diving ship for the last 4 years except when I go camping so I guess you could say i have been living in my truck for the last 4 years. I have been reading the survival guide over and over. I am sure there is some thing that will pop out at me the next 5 times also. I am a few months early but just trying to get it all figured out. Plus the desert is sounding prity good after seeing all this water for so long! So do you guys think you may have room for me?

Nick

Oh ya... I can help carry heavy stuff too.
diverdude

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:35 pm

You're doing good prep work Nick. From what I know, Stag camp will accept you unless you turn out to be really "orf." You might hang on this board (General Discussion has a lot of the hanging out threads, but they pop up in other places too) and meet someone who will want to camp on you. I'd be happy to make you carry my heavy stuff, since I can't carry very much at all, but I'll have other minions to set me up.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:42 pm

diverdude, Looks like you found the right place and it looks like you have just the right attitude about getting prepared for the desert. Remember no expectations and cary water and DrinK it. Bring a chair and always carry a cup. Lifting heavy things is good but since I am planning on drasticly reducing my camp footprint there will be a marked decrease in the amount of heavy lifting this year in Stag Camp.
Welcome aboard!

motskyroonmatick

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:47 pm

Crypto, Your fingers win the race! Wohoo! Can't get these construction worker hands to caress the keyboard as eloquently or as rapidly as you. :D

motskyroonmatick

Postby plowman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:57 am

welcome aboard diverdude. Last year was our first together and we had a fantastic time. We are all pretty laid back and loose knit. If thats what you are looking for, you will be very welcome.

kreamyjif!!!!!!!
The whole fam damily, That sounds soooo cool. See you on the playa!!!

Postby diverdude » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:03 am

Hey thanks everyone. You guys all seem prity cool. I am definatly laid back and am comming with no expectations. I am used to that. LOL Working offshore kinda kills your ideals about how anything will turn out!

Also, Motskyroonmatick... I may be able to help you out if you want? I am a certified diesle mechanic and electrition. I have a welder and two stage air compressor built into my truck. Plus I carry my tools everyware I go. Plus certified commercial diver! Not much help in the desert but hey, I will be ready if the need pops up! Is that too over prepaired?

Again thanks everybody!
diverdude

Postby bw5783 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:01 pm

Hey everybody!
Stag Camp sounds exactly like what I was hoping to find, since it seems I will be Burning solo this year. I love the idea of meeting other solo-ists and coming together to se what we can do.
How can I be included this year? I'm willing to help out with whatever's needed.
bw5783

Postby plowman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:13 pm

Hey diver and Bw go to tribe.net under stagcamp. intoduce yourself and join the fun
plowman

Postby Barbie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:09 pm

Hey Hey Hey Diver DUDE I'll be driving in from Seattle this year also... maybe we can caravan or something....
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!
Barbie

Postby motskyroonmatick » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:52 pm

Diverdude,
If you are driving the truck down to the burn then by all means it will be a useful addition. Be sure to read at least 5 horror stories about cleaning rigs up after the burn to make sure you want to bring it down. If you don't clean it correctly minor corrosion occurs rapidly. On the Welding And Repair front.... I'm going to take the year off doing repairs because I plan on bringing an art car and doing both would surely kill me. People always need to get things fixed on Playa. It can be very satisfying to help and people really appreciate it.

motskyroonmatick

Postby ¡Niers! » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:09 am

Stag sounds like my thing too!
As with Diverdude and motskyroonmatick, I am a welder/fabricator. I was thinking of bringing my mig welder with flux-core wire. I also have a couple domes that I am bringing.
I haven't really decided much other than the fact that I am going and bringing the domes. I am considering on turning the domes into pyramids, as they are easier to put together than domes and a simple conversion.
I've never been to BM and am excited yet nervous....kinda like having sex for the first time, if I remember right.
I'm a homo and am bringing my man. I am meeting up with a great friend of mine in Reno to give her a ride to BM.
We wanna be very independant since it's our first time, but I wanna make alot of good connections. I'm the more social one and love to be in the mix of things. You better believe I'll be bringing plenty of booze with me!
Tom and I don't smoke (Tobbaco) and our friend as of now, still does.

From what I've read, Stag sounds like a match for us.
Ask away if anyone wants to know more about us. I'm sure I'll have more to say, since it's hard to think about anything BUT BM throughout the day.

¡Niers!
¡Niers!

Postby plowman » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:03 pm

Motsky!!!!!!
I'm so glad to hear that you are taking it easy this year! You work too hard on the playa and it's about time you relax some.
If there is anything I can do to help with your art car, let me know.
I will definatly bring some fuel. Let me know diesel or gas.

iNiers! Welcome!!
plowman

Postby diverdude » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Hello, !Niers! What kind of Fab work do you do?

Also motskyroonmatick, I could Help you out with some Fuel if you are running with Gasoline? I have 50 Gal. tank on the truck and 105gal. tank on the trailer! OK...OK... That may be over prepaired too but I have run out before in AK.
diverdude

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:43 pm

The mutant will be gas powered and hopefully fairly economical but you never know. Having a little extra gas around will be helpful I'm sure. If it is not a hassle or unsafe -- bring it. Thanks!!! If you guys want to do repairs I will hold off on painting over my mail box and deputize you as official BRCW+R repairers in a megaphone amplified short ceremony.

Ok it looks like Stag Camp is turning in to a trades camp just like early on last year.
Just to let everybody know--You do not have to be in or know a trade to be welcomed in to Stag Camp. Stag camp is open to self sufficient stags(female and male) couples and small groups. The basic camp guidelines that Fat Sam put out last year still remain. No violence, theft or littering(no moop). Also if you have a habit that is outside of the normal realm of things you have to let us all know. We want all male and female camp members to be 100% comfortable in camp.

motskyroonmatick

Postby ¡Niers! » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:22 am

Hello to you too Diverdude!
And thanks for the welcome Plowman!

Diver-
I currently work for a place building crushing machines and recycling plants mounted on hydraulic powered tracks.
I basically treat 12"x8" square tubing like lincoln logs, hot gluing them together so they can handle anything you can throw at 'em.
In the time that I'm not doing that, I'm either sleeping or running my new buisiness, designing and building functional art, I.E.: indoor outdoor furniture. I've also recently built an underwater fire pit, propane bubbles up through the water and flames hover over a pool of water, I'll bring it.....it's quite captivating. But really, I'm not just a dirty filthy creative guy. I have feelings too!
I work really hard in my outside world, and really don't plan on doing what I do out here while I'm at BM. If I bring a welder, I promise I won't be using it the whole time I'm there. I can be an ass and say no. Not that I AM an ass, though. I'm quite nice and helpful.
I'm quite hoping to spend about 75% of my time burning this stockpile of lazy I have saved up for so long. Won't it be nice?

Fuck I can't wait!

So, I was wondering if there would be anyone arriving on Monday that would wanna help me set up a dome(s) and/or pyramid(s), good things fall into the hands that lend.

ok
¡Niers!

Postby diverdude » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:48 am

¡Niers! & motskyroonmatick, I fully agree. I will be there and will have all the tools and be more than happy to help if someone needs help. I will not be out looking for work though.

¡Niers!, That sounds like a prity cool Gig! and the fire pond sonds very cool as well! Can't wait to see it! I have never set up a pyramid before but like I said up above I can carry heavy stuff! Plus I catch on fairly quick and will be there on Monday.

Also just so every one knows I have been told that I am not normal alot but i don't think I have any "bad" Habbits that would offend anyone? I smoke tobbacco and Drink alcohol? Other than that I dress up like a caveman some times? That is about it. I hope that is not too weird?

OH and I cant spell?
diverdude

Postby diverdude » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:35 am

I do have one question. As I mentioned I do have a trailer. It is not that big and neither is my truck but they are both TALL? The Trailer is 14ftL X 8ftW X 9'tall and the truck is Shorter lenghth wise about the same width and a bit taller. I normaly tarp them off together in a L-shape. It work very well. Been through some prity bad storms like that! The worst was a Cat. 3 Hurricane (Emily in 2005). Anyways, I do have a generator on the trailer that i do not run much but it is very quiet! I really dont need to run the gen if it is bothering anyone, but i am just wanting to make sure no one is supprised when they see me pull up? I normaly get some crazy looks every place I take it.

So just making sure this set-up is cool in this camp/area?
diverdude

Postby motskyroonmatick » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:59 pm

diverdude,
Your setup sounds great and having something proven to work on the playa really helps. There won't be an issue with that sort of configuration but if you are willing we would probably want to put you on the windward side of camp so you could provide a bit of wind break for some of the tent campers. Does this sound ok?

Most of the population at burningman is not classified as normal. Dressing up like a cave man and consuming alcohol would and will be celebrated.

One example of outside the normal realm would be that we don't want a peeping tom running around camp freaking people out. Fun and harmless stuff is good. Sick shit is bad. Does that make sense?

diverdude and ¡Niers! will be secret undercover agents of BRCW+R. Helping only when they want to blow their cover.

motskyroonmatick

Postby plowman » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:40 am

diverdude, looking at some of the other set ups on the playa, your rig sounds like it will fit right in. Besides, who cares what it looks like as long as it works and you are comfortable with it.
plowman

Postby diverdude » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:13 am

Hey guys,

That all sounds prity good to me! I do not mind being a wind block at all! It accualy works very well for that!

I fully understand the no sick shit! I can handle that! I am against anyone called peeing Tom Running around the camp aswell!

Being a secret agent sounds like a plan! That will leave me time to wander around and be new/confused!

Thanks everybody!
diverdude

PreviousNext

Return to 2007 Theme Camps