Stag Camp

Room for two more virgins??

Postby nbraziel » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:18 am

Hi all!

Two females here, both 23, virgins to the burn, just decided to attend this week. Got our tickets and are planning to be self-sufficient but would love to be part of the tribe! Outgoing yet independent, low maintenance, energetic and open minded. (Why is that starting to feel horrifyingly like a personal ad??) Not bringing anything radical--just a tent, coleman, food, air mattress, plenty of water, lots of beer, and enthusiasm. Will share whatever we got. Love the idea of a redheaded viking dorm mother (though I'm glad to be several years out of the actual dorms!). Both of us tend to have mostly male friends, so if the gender ratio is a little skewed, that'd feel a lot like home.

Can we find a playa home with you guys??
nbraziel

Postby Somnivore » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:57 am

Welcome N and Half! I would like to make a motion that Fat Sam will now be known as Grand Pooba of the "Staggers". I thought Shark Bait would be cool, but Nemo already has that title 8) . j/k I agree will a little organization but was really counting on some violence, darn it! (kicks his feet in the dirt) Over to Tribe I go!
"Salt em and leave their little beef jerky asses laying around as a testament to the other little mother fuckers that are lurking in the shadows!" Big Worm
Somnivore

Postby ibdave » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:27 am

May I suggest that you find info on B.E.D. Erotic Disclosure group.

Last year the "Bar Camp" hosted a class and it went over well... In a group of campers such as yours teaching a class about sexual boundaries will remind everyone that NO MEANS NO....

I think that the "bOObies Bar will be hosting them again this year... The 3:00 plaza.. 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

thanks anyway!

Postby hellojoesmith » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:08 pm

Hey guys - it's looking like I'll be camping with art model camp and not stag camp, but thanks to everyone who answered my questions and was so welcoming. Hope to see you on the playa!

Joe

Very Important!!!

Postby motskyroonmatick » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:58 pm

Everyone who is posting here join up on tribe and tell us(me) how much area you need for your camp set up and car/truck/trailer. This is in the land grab section. Also the list of members on tribe allows me to have a basic body count and that is really important at this point.

Thanks,

Stagger on!
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby plowman » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:11 pm

Drop by and say HI anyway.
The bottom line is to have fun, enjoy yourself, expierience life, enjoy art that you could only witness on the playa ( unbelievable ), embrace the diversity. You'll see what I mean once you get home. And have fun.
OH! I said that already, the default world doesn't like to see 40,000 people having fun at the same time for 7 full days and nights, thats why there will only be 40,000 of us this year
plowman

Is this Still Happening?!!

Postby andreabroussard » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:47 pm

Hey guys. This is like an answered prayer.

Is this stag camp idea still brewing? Is it going to be a reality? Have y'all chosen a location? I'm mucho interested. This is my first time to go solo, and I'm going very simple. I'd love to connect.

Please get in touch.

Andrea
Austin, TX
andreabroussard

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:00 pm

Andrea
Austin, TX

Go to tribe. Sign up and shout out in the appropriate areas. Thank you and welcome aboard.

tribes.tribe.net/stag_camp

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Of course silly...

Postby djmattcope » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:33 pm

Andrea, check out the Stag Camp on Tribe.net and register there for all sorts of camp info. We are shooting for 8:30 and freshwater. Look for the trailer with the welding shop on it, the big orange windsock, or the palm tree. Hopefully I will have created a sign that makes it obvious by then. Let us know if you need anything else - Matthew
**Here's to the burn that keeps on burning inside myself -- CHEERS!**
djmattcope

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:47 pm

Um...My welding shop is quite modest. Most of my resources are in my head. If I do have my shade up it will be big green and square like a 4 sided pyramid with the top cut off.

motskyroonmatick

Postby Fat SAM » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:55 pm

I'm working a stencil. The Virgin Burners tribe seems to have gotten ahold of my brainwaves, though, and nabbed my idea. Nevertheless, the stencil I'm doing is the Man with deer horns and his hands and feet are hooves. I'll make a sign, too, or just drop the stencils with Motsky before he heads down and he can rattlecan it on something in front of camp.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Postby Somnivore » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:39 pm

5 days til I hit the road, can't believe it's almost time! Stag camp is coming together better then imagined, amazing group of people getting ready to embark on a mind blowing journey! Even if some of you who have posted don't join us, you still must come by and say hi.
"Salt em and leave their little beef jerky asses laying around as a testament to the other little mother fuckers that are lurking in the shadows!" Big Worm
Somnivore

Postby emotion_sickness » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:37 pm

no kidding...im leaving in 7 days and im going nuts here!! I may hit up the stores for last minute supplies Friday and head out after work lets out...i have been having a hard time falling asleep at night...last night i couldnt sleep so i stayed up till 5am packing! Im telling myself its good practise for the sleep deprivation we'll all be experiencing soon...but i have a feeling once i get my tent set up and hang out a bit Im gonna sleep like a baby that first night on the playa! see you all soon!
Why?
emotion_sickness

Postby nbraziel » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:41 pm

How funny, I ALSO stayed up last night packing! Glad to hear I'm in good company!
nbraziel

Postby emotion_sickness » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:02 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST BOUGHT MY TICKET!! (Yeah I know i shoulda got it months ago...leave me alone!) Haha its just now becoming real for me, rather than just a crazy idea I had to go...I'll see all you fine people in a week!!!
Why?
emotion_sickness

Count me in...

Postby porterico » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:03 am

Since I'm a stag virgin I figure I might as well plan on camping with other stags & virgins... I'm coming up from Vegas, should be there early monday morning... I'll look for you guys & gals around 845 and fresh... is that still the location??

I'll bring a couple big storage shelves, laptop, color laser printer (if you want to print out some protest stuff, or bring adhesive labels we can print them too), I have 1 extra tent if someone needs one to use as well, I'll have a smallish sound system we can use too... (its like a home theater surround system)... I'm moving back to the midwest via BM, so this is why I'll have all this stuff... Shit I'll have a scanner too if that comes in handy for any reason... no scanning your ass without a helper and some windex.

Oh, has there been any food discussion for stag camp... or is it pretty much loosly organized food prep?

Leaving las vegas in 4 days .... woo woo
porterico

Postby emotion_sickness » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:54 am

welcome to the group! I'd be careful of your electronics out there...I hear its gonna be dusty! :wink: If you havent checked out our tribe site yet you might want to...there's a whole thread devoted to kitchen ideas and food and that kinda stuff.
Why?
emotion_sickness

Postby ron5657 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:19 pm

This camp sounds like a great idea. This will be my second year and i am bringing a virgin with me. What does the real estate availibility look like now around 8:30 & Freshwater?
ron5657

Hello Staggers

Postby Oblique » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:09 pm

I'll definitely check you guys out on Tribe.

I'm still looking for a group setting to camp with since I'm new to the Bay Area and you guys seems like a great group to chill with and I love the idea of a camp without high maintenance drama, yet lots of fun people to meet when you want but nothing too organized.

Anyhow, I'd love to join you guys if you are still open for spots. Just one car, my stuff, a good vibe and if anyone wants some records I could bring plenty of those to share, although I won't bring equipment out.

Let me know.
Oblique

Postby Somnivore » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:26 am

Hitting the road in 7 hours!!!!!!!! I'll have my laptop, so I'll be checking in periodically here and on Tribe. Long drive ahead, see you all soon!
Somnivore

Postby plowman » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:04 pm

Drive safely and don't push it. Thats how mistakes are made and accidents happen
plowman

Bon Voyage

Postby Red Vixen » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:16 pm

Hey Som, have a great trip and stay safe. Keep us posted on your progress.

Red
Red Vixen

Burning Since: 2005

Another Solo Burner

Postby Danger » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:24 pm

Hi, I recently was able to confirm that I'll be going this year and would like to join in on the stag camp. Still room? I'll be showing up on Thursday and I have a 20' geodesic dome with a good cover.
Danger

Postby motskyroonmatick » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:26 pm

Danger,
check us out on tribe.

motskyroonmatick

My plan

Postby Red Vixen » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:52 am

My plan is to arrive by noon Monday. Will be looking for your big white truck, Mots. I also posted on Tribe.
Red Vixen

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Somnivore » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:26 pm

Well, I'm in St louis, has been a looong drive already. Look for my big black F350 4x4 with a 4 light bar on the front bumper Mots!
Somnivore

Postby motskyroonmatick » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:19 pm

Whew! Did all the heavy loading of the box truck this evening. My sister helped me paint some Stag signs today so look for the black and white Stag signs attatched to the street sign posts about 1/3 the way up. They will point the way to camp from Land Fill. Also look for signs on the corners of camp and the middle of the street sides. The signs will direct to the rear of camp. I will try to have the signs up as fast as possible after I get there. Hopefully I will be on the road in 21 hours!!! See you all soon!!!

Somnivore, Ill be on the lookout. Check my mail box for a radio if I am not in camp. Turn it on and I will be on the other end. Chances are that if I am not working I will be in camp or putting road signs up.

motskyroonmatick

Postby ron5657 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:10 pm

Well shit happens, my bm companion has to work and couldn't make it this year :(. That leaves me with a ticket i need to get rid of. I posted an ad on craigslist but would prefer to sell the ticket to someone who is willing to camp with lonely ol' me in stag camp. I am very openminded and love music! I am in Reno and can haul sum limited gear, bike, etc. I can leave anytime! pref monday.
ron5657

Postby Json » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:20 pm

oi polloi...

im headed to the burn what looks like to be all alone, girlfriend couldnt make so solo camping it is...i guess ill try and find all the other Stags and the stag camp when i arrive...

See you all there
...fear the munky
Json

Postby Somnivore » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:18 pm

Just outside of Utah, tried for dry ice but store not there anymore :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: . Also, look up and tranny temp getting warm, thankfully didn't act up in the mountains. Cooling off a bit now, bogarting some bars internet :twisted: . Only 800 more miles to go :roll:
Somnivore

PreviousNext

Return to 2007 Theme Camps