Stag Camp

Postby motskyroonmatick » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:32 pm

My evaporator set up is like the ones pictured in this topic. I power it with a battery hooked up to a small solar system

viewtopic.php?t=12911&highlight=polando

I have a shower incorporated in to the system and I definitely think we need more than one shower.

If you ran the used shower water in to a container it would be easy to dump it in to my set up. Would that work?

David.
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

hmmm...

Postby djmattcope » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:08 pm

As of right now I only have the shower frame; I still need to figure out the drainage system, as, like I mentioned, it won't fit into a kiddie pool. Seems to me that to move the water from a shower to the pool would either require a pump or gravity lines; the later would require me to raise the shower above ground level. I should have this thing completed by the end of the week; when I do, I will take a picture and post it on Tribe. Sound good? Matthew
**Here's to the burn that keeps on burning inside myself -- CHEERS!**
djmattcope

Postby motskyroonmatick » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:56 pm

I look forward to seeing it the shower frame ect. My shower is on my flat bed trailer so I use that as height to gravity feed it in to the sump for my evaporator. I use the other end of my trailer for my welding shop so not much room to spare. I'm confident that we could botch something together on playa if need be. I am not so computer savy so posting pictures here is something I have not worked out. I need to figure it out as pictures work better than words when describing systems. I'll try tribe as I managed to post a picture there.

David

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Postby plowman » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:21 pm

With all the people that will be in our camp, I'm sure we can figure something out that will be perfect for all our needs.
From what I've seen so far on this post we have lots of recources to tap into, Lots of vision, emagination, enthusiasum, antisipation, excitement,
partisipation, bad spellers, and the willingness to work together to make this a truely nice and comfortable camp to stay in
plowman

Stag add on

Postby stickydingo » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 pm

I've been foolowing this thread a bit, and may be able to add to the group. I'm flying solo this year and haven't been since '99 and Y2K, but I'm making the trek this year in a '67 R.V. that's pretty cool and equipped with sattellite radio plumbed into internal and external speakers. It's a comfy old ride and makes a good wind break and monolith to tie off shade stuctures to. My primary concern is that people are cosiderate to each other. I'm a considerate person and I want to be around like people if at all possible. I am a purcussionist,retired raft guide, non-conformist construction worker and the stuff that goes down at BRC is nothing I have'nt seen before so I'm not easily frazzled. I live out here in the mountains in Idaho so it's easier to find a Bull moose than a computer so it may take a day or three for me to reply. Thanks- TJ
stickydingo

Postby Somnivore » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:39 pm

You're only allowed to join in if it's a Sirius satellite radio ( Stern on the Playa!!), no fooking XM :twisted: :wink:
"Salt em and leave their little beef jerky asses laying around as a testament to the other little mother fuckers that are lurking in the shadows!" Big Worm
Somnivore

Postby plowman » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:02 pm

Welcome aboard. We are all adults here and I don't think anyone would be inconsiderate on purpose. But you have to remember, This is Burning Man. When you come in to camp late at night or early in the morning and your'e walking sideways or on your'e lips. No matter how hard you try to be quiet and considerate, sometimes it just don't work.
I can't speak for the rest of us but as for me, I come to Burning Man for the Art, the Culture, the Absurd, the Extraordinary, the People, the Willingness to cohabitate with 40,000 other people in an extremely harsh environment packed in like sardines and have an outragiously fantastic time doing it. And the parties,can't forget the parties. Sleep doesn't happen much, no matter where you are on the playa (remember 40,000)
So come camp with us and we will all deal with it together
Cool
plowman

Postby Sync » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:34 pm

Hi, as far as a rallying point, may I offer my electric palm tree as a camp signpost? I'll be there Sunday midnight and can keep the lights on for folks. Just let me know where your preference is for exact set up spot. :)
Sync

Postby plowman » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:34 pm

Just get there and we will figure it out. I have 2 solar powered yellow lights that go on road barackades that I'm bringing.They blink or stay on steady
Lets just get there, set um up and get lit
plowman

Let's Get Lit...

Postby djmattcope » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:57 pm

Seriously, I have a flag that is being made by a Seamstress right now that will be cool. But, one of my favorite parts of BM is getting there, setting up, and getting lit... :-L
djmattcope

Postby Fat SAM » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:50 pm

I think the palm tree sounds like a pretty sweet sign post, but it's up to everyone. I've never been part of such a large camp, so I'm really excited to see what happens when we all get out there and start working together.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Camp

Postby GG » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:19 pm

Hey guys,

The tribe site is down right now. I registered myself there a few days ago. I wanted to write in here and let ya'll know that I am seriously considering camping at "Stag Camp". I will be Stag. I will also be arriving on Monday the 27th between 11 and 2 pm. Do you guys think someone will be around to help me set up my 10X20 carport???? Would it be possible for me to get 10 feet of freshwater lane frontage space?

Let me know,

GG
GG

Postby motskyroonmatick » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:52 pm

I will be happy to help you set up. I might need a helping hand with set up at some point too. If I am not in camp there will be a radio there that you can use to contact me. You will be call sign Stag Camp followed by your (nick)name. Hopefully I will have my C.B. mounted on my tall bike then. Otherwise it will be one of those family chanel radios. If you use ..hay you its me.. over ..then repeat radio speek it will be easier for me to recognize your call out.

Camp layout is something that I can't address except to say I am sure we (as a camp)will do our best to accomodate the desires of the people in camp. Much will depend on the kind of spot we snag. Let us know what you would like to do with the 10' of street front. Maybe it allready works with the basic plan.

Today I snagged a huge mail box that was destined for the dumpster at my job site. Pressure wash, weld up a base, fresh paint and we will have a camp mail box!

motskyroonmatick

Postby plowman » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:55 pm

I will probably be there and will be happy to lend a hand
plowman

:)

Postby IslandTartan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:57 pm

WOOT WOOT the tartan is going! Sorry just wanted to celebrate with my family and future roomies. Finally the forces of good have come together and made it so number one. Can't wait to meet you all!!
Do your duty, leave the rest to the gods.......
IslandTartan

a few practical questions

Postby hellojoesmith » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:23 pm

First time burner. Been ddoing a lot of research on the bm site and on the eplaya, but still figuring out where and with whom I'd like to camp. I'll be basically self-sufficient (will have my own food, water, tent, travel, etc.), but like the idea of meeting new people and sharing some resources. will stag camp have for instance, a way to collect/treat/dispose of grey water? This is the one thnig I haven't figured out how to do on my own. I get a feel for what Stag Camp isn't; just wondering what, in nuts and bolts practical terms, it is.

Thanks!

Joe

Postby plowman » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:09 pm

Well I'm not sure myself. Yes I do believe we will have a greywater evap. system.
All I know is, I've communicated with alot of people. And I think I will get along with averyone and we will become a family of sorts. Thats the idea anyway. This will be a new expierience for ALL of us. We are all willing to meet for the first time, share resources (mostly SHADE) share what meager things we have brought with us. If I have it and don't need it and you need it and don't have it, it's yours.

In a nutshell? I think the idea is to meet new people, have fun, do your own thing, expierience life on your own terms,(not your friends or families), expierience a new adventure in life.Take a chance and be who you truely are.

None of us has ever met face to face, so it will be an adventure and learning expieriance for ALL of us
plowman

sounds good

Postby hellojoesmith » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:22 pm

Sounds good, man. Thanks. I'm still figuring my stuff out, but will check back as it gets closer to see if I'm going to try and hook up with you guys. A balance between independence and community sounds good. And I too would share whatever I've got, as well as lend a hand with whatever anyone needs.
:o Joe

Postby Somnivore » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:03 pm

Well looks like the chat on Tribe is slow. Who looks like they're the earliest arrival. Mots, you or Plowman said something (I think) about getting there on Sat or so. I'll be there Sunday a.m. early arrival list, just want to see who I should look for.
"Salt em and leave their little beef jerky asses laying around as a testament to the other little mother fuckers that are lurking in the shadows!" Big Worm
Somnivore

Postby Sync » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:25 am

How does one get on the early arrival list?
Sync

Postby Somnivore » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:18 am

You have to either be a volunteer with one of the services like medical, Rangers,etc. or be on the early arrival list with a registered theme camp.
Somnivore

Postby plowman » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:14 am

I'm not on the early arrival list but I plan on being in line Sunday afternoon sometime with hopes that they will open the gates early.
Still haven't got my truck fixed so I'm not sure what I can bring just yet. If I have to drive the car, space will be limited
plowman

Postby Somnivore » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:45 am

Sam, you been kinda quiet, are you still coming out to play? Did you imagine this idea of yours would have grown so much! :twisted: :lol:
Somnivore

Postby Fat SAM » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:39 pm

I've been working myself to a nub trying to get everything ready here for me to go. Putting in extra hours climbing trees doesn't leave a guy with a ton of spare energy...

I didn't really decide I was making it out this year until last month, so I've been pretty much completely unprepared. I'm working extra hours and selling plasma when I can find the time so I'll have enough cash to pay rent when I get home and still afford my ticket and some gear when I get to Reno. Flights are booked, though, so that's out of the way. I'll be there. Even if there was a problem and I couldn't make it, I'd still be stoked to know that you all are camping together and I had something to do with it.

And yeah...the growth is off the wall. We're going to have a helluva camp!
Fat SAM

camp

Postby GG » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:31 pm

I am excited to meet all you guys! Fat SAM, I hope your plans work out so you can come home. I can't help but feel what a nice collective, utopian experience this is and can be. A community within a community within a community......that is individual, but yet supportive.

I hope everyone is having a good time gathering all their stuff and looking forward to our adventurous journey.

GG
GG

Postby plowman » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:26 pm

2 weeks! Shit!!! only 2 weeks, I'm sooooo excited.I'm going home in 2WEEKS!!!! Hope the car don't crap out on me like my truck did. But if I have to hike in, it don't matter I'll be there!!!
plowman

camp

Postby GG » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:13 am

And you will be taken care of if you do!
GG

Postby Fat SAM » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:56 am

Ok Staggers....got together with Motsky today and he and I did some brainstorming. I talked with my girl, too, who has the benefit of having camped with a well organized and hallowed theme camp for a few years and I picked her brain about quite a few issues...

We're growing, quite rapidly I might add, so it's time for us to get organized. This is totally open to discussion (which I'd prefer take place on the tribe site; I'll be posting there in a big way tomorrow afternoon) so I hope that many of you read this by tomorrow evening and take a look.

Since everyone seems to have acknowledged me as the originator of this thing, I'm creating a Board of Directors. If you're all cool with that notion, I want you to know I won't be Dictator or President or Chairman or even Boss, but I do have a lot of ideas that I need to submit to all of you and I'd like to do so with some degree of authority. Since it's a board, I'm nominating Motsky as well as Somnivore and Redheaded Viking Gal. Motsky, Red, and I are all experienced burners; Somni and Motsky are arriving early and I'll be there at Gate Open; Red was interested in being a 'dorm mom' from the start and I think that a lady's hand in the organization is a good idea - plus, she said she wants to have a hand in the kitchen and that would be a pretty fair thing, I must say. If anyone feels they're not up to the task (the load will be easy to bear, I think) please speak up.

If anyone has a funny feeling about it, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS IT (on tribe, though, if we can). This is a community and I want it to remain a community. Also, I want to emphasize that this does not mean that no one else will have a say in camp fuction, order, or creation. This is a collaborative effort and all input is welcome at all times. I chose the people I chose mainly based on experience except in the case of Somni, about whom I just have good feelings.

Why am I organizing a board? We simply have to get this thing together and there must be leaders. Plus, we've got a lot of virgins, it's a big camp and as such if there are troubles, there need to people to whom others can turn.

I've created a SHORT list of imperatives, items which will simply not be open to discussion. I'll post them now. They're simple rules and common sense, but I feel they bear stating. They can be summed up simply by stating that we will have respect for ourselves, others, and the Playa.

1. Violence will not be tolerated.
2. Theft will not be tolerated.
3. Littering will not be tolerated.

Nothing crazy.

Now, as the Head Bossman, I declare we will be attacking Iraq for no reason. Just kidding.

The rest is the stuff regarding location that Motsky and I kicked around today, stuff regarding a communal kitchen (possibly), how camp will be arranged, what will be shared in common (this pertains mainly to shade), and some loose guidelines. For example, I thought of the idea of possibly having a community trash area but it was suggested to me that this is not a good idea, as other camps have a tendency to treat it like a landfill. Plus, we later have to divide trash to take it out. I submit, then, that we handle our own trash personally. Pretty mellow stuff, but everything needs to be clarified so we can all be on the same page when we get out there.

Much love to you all, I look forward very much to meeting everyone soon, and thanks for reading patiently.
Fat SAM

I'm a Tool...

Postby djmattcope » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:08 am

Anyone have a post-hole digger? Matthew
djmattcope

Hi!

Postby halfshadows » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:33 am

I just posted to the introductions on Tribe. Me + bf would like to join the camp, if there's still room.

How can we help? What supplies or materials are needed? If nothing else, we're very entertaining and smell relatively pleasant.

-
Julia
halfshadows

PreviousNext

Return to 2007 Theme Camps