Im Lost!

Im Lost!

Postby Torbo » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:56 pm

Going to be my first year at Burning man and im comming all by my lonesome. would like to join a theme camp but dont know how all that works. I would be glad to help out in any camp and am really just looking for some people with good vibes to camp with. I have a feeling there going to be everywhere. Any suggestions?

~Tori
Torbo

Suggestions

Postby FabFascist » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:31 am

Started off good.. start in the theme camp forum, read up on the different camps, start posting - getting to know people, ask around... It is a little late in the game but there are camps that are still recruiting. Read everything you can about coming prepared.. if it is your first year, make sure you understand about the difference between a gift economy and mooching. No one wants a water or food mooch in their camp. Above all - go to the event prepared!!
FabFascist

Postby MikeVDS » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:06 am

http://www.burningman.com/themecamps/07_camp_vill_a.html

Start looking through theme camps for ones that you might like. Then throw some of them an e-mail telling them about yourself. Tell them your expectations and what they should expect from you, etc. Hopefully you'll find a few that make a good fit and you can decide where you'd like to stay. If you post more about yourself here then some theme camp members from this board might grab you up.
MikeVDS

Postby plowman » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:05 pm

Park your vehicle on the outer rim, get on your bicycle, ride around until you find some people that interest you. Talk to people. Find a place that you feel comfortable with. Then go get your vahicle and set up your house
plowman

Postby Fat SAM » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:52 pm

Or you can join Stag Camp! A home for misfit misanthropes!
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Postby itwazed » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:07 pm

Is that what your calling yourself these days?
Fly Fat ASS!!! FLY!!!!!
He smoked a phat cronic blunt.
itwazed

Postby Torbo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:35 pm

thanks for all the help. i found a village i think im going to be living with. im so stoked to go! this is going to be an epic 7 day, glad theres a bunch of jolly people like all ya going! ahh im so excited!!
Torbo

Postby spectabillis » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:06 pm

lost?

jesus will show you the way, follow his path to true salvation and enjoy the rapture of an enlightened soul. its easy to be led astray at burningman, so dont give into the fleeting temptations of the flesh. open your heart and he will fill it with joy, he will always be your true guardian and you will never be alone. so pray now, jesus loves you!

spectabillis

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:25 pm

OMG.... pretty coool Spec!
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Return to 2007 Theme Camps