Art Car Poker!!!

Art Car Poker!!!

Postby Windowlicker » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:56 pm

Yellow, I B JB from Midwest Mayhem.
I would like to organize an art car poker game on Thursday during Burning Man. I need at least 4 other camps to participate for this to work, though any camp that wants to participate can. The general idea is for the art cars to drive around to the participating camps to gather playing cards. Each stop may chose what participants need to do earn the card from their camp. Whoever has the best poker hand from the cards they have collected will win a fresh fruit platter compliments Midwest Mayhem Thursday night. I will provide the decks of cards to camps to ensure unique cards.
Anyone down???
Love, Dance, Trance
Windowlicker

Postby Rat Bastard » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:18 pm

I think what your refering to is a Poker Run. A lot of biker clubs do it here in the midwest. I like the idea. We should have a couple of artcars in our camp too that would want to play. I'll run the idea by our camp being a dealer. You could also make an artcar a dealer. That would make all the dealers harder to find! Pull out the binoculars!

RB
Read my posts with a grain of salt.
Rat Bastard

the frozen wet spot is IN`

Postby sunnystar » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:38 pm

Hey....if you need participating camps, the Frozen Wet Spot bar would be happy to help out. We'll be a large theme camp withing Asylum Village : )

Sunny
"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." - Emerson
sunnystar

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:31 am

I think Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro would like to be a stop as well. But leave the drinking and driving to us.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Lassen Forge » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:34 am

We could probably do something as well. Pretty close to BDC&WB tho. Or... have a distinctive art car as one of the stops, and have it roving. Ya gotta (a) find, and (b)catch up to the art car to draw that card.

bb
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:58 pm

B(O)(O)by Bar is IN!.......

Thursday is not so good for us, due to DrPyro M&G and "that wedding", but we might be able to make accomodations........

Might be fun to give them more than one day to collect all of the cards..... if we could get 25-100 camps in on it............ 8)
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby Captain Goddammit » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:28 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:We could probably do something as well. Pretty close to BDC&WB tho. Or... have a distinctive art car as one of the stops, and have it roving. Ya gotta (a) find, and (b)catch up to the art car to draw that card.

bb

I probably have the perfect artcar for that, you all recognize it from my eplaya picture.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm Going To Hawaii Instead

Postby Windowlicker » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:09 pm

Sweet!! I love this idea caught on. We have a meeting tommorrow and I will send U all mail with details.
Love, Dance, Trance
Love, Dance, Trance
Windowlicker

Postby Windowlicker » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:28 pm

[quote="Rat Bastard"]I think what your refering to is a Poker Run. A lot of biker clubs do it here in the midwest. I like the idea. We should have a couple of artcars in our camp too that would want to play. I'll run the idea by our camp being a dealer. You could also make an artcar a dealer. That would make all the dealers harder to find! Pull out the binoculars!

RB[/quote]

Maybe I will have one or two art car dealers, and stack their decks with joker (wild) cards.
Love, Dance, Trance
Windowlicker

Postby Windowlicker » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:21 pm

Greetings Burners
Art car poker is set for Friday night with the following rules:

1 - Players may start where ever they want and do not need to register. Any Camp that wishes to deal must register with me here on ePlaya (message me). A list of camps will follow here later.

2 - Dealers may begin handing out cards at sundown and will stop handing out cards at 11:30 pm. All players must report back to Midwest Mayhem by midnight to turn in their hand. The winner will be acknowledged shortly their after at Midwest Mayhems Friday night party :)

3 - It is up to the dealer to decide what a player must do to get dealt a card but dealers please be respectful of your fellow burners. If you can try to fit in this years theme "The Green Man" into the process. Art Cars may only receive one card from each camp.

4 - Jokers and deuces will be wild. However only one dealer will have them. To help you find this "joker" we will provide the following two clues:

Clue 1: The dealer will be an art car.
Clue 2: Please set stun to all your phasers. We are only peaceful traders.
Not some evil space invaders. We attack with argon "lasers".

5 - The player may only use five of the cards collected to create a poker hand standard rules apply. Best poker hand will receive....... WHATS IN THE BOX!!!!!!!!
Love, Dance, Trance
Windowlicker

Corporate Cards

Postby Rusted Iron » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:29 pm

Would you care for a deck of Safety poker cards? Yes, safety... industrial first aid cards with suits and numbers on them, and first aid tips.

(Amazing what you can find when you clean out an elderly relative's garage...)

I can send you a deck of either AT&T, Celanese Specialty Resins*, or Cargill cards. Feel free to deface them in whatever manner you wish.
Rusted Iron

Postby Windowlicker » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:24 pm

Hook it up rusted iron and send me a PM
Love, Dance, Trance
Windowlicker

Actual Hold 'Em

Postby Gaiantwilight » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:02 am

What about an actual poker tournament a la carte? We could have all the art cars participating and picking up potential players.

Could be fun!
~Four Winds guide you~
Gaiantwilight

Re: Actual Hold 'Em

Postby Toolmaker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:53 am

Gaiantwilight wrote:What about an actual poker tournament a la carte? We could have all the art cars participating and picking up potential players.

Could be fun!

I have limited mobility and would like to play in a small tourney for fun. I'm kinda weak at holdem, Omaha Hi/Lo is where I really shine. Maybe HORSE would be keen but we would need a dealer that knows their stuff to be able to keep up with 5 different types of poker.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby capjbadger » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:24 am

Bleah... Omaha hi/lo is a chasers' game. Want to play it limit too while you're at it? :roll:

Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Aye

Postby Gaiantwilight » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:25 pm

Yeah, Texas Hold 'Em is my preference. I think it's probably the most popular now too.
~Four Winds guide you~
Gaiantwilight

Postby Toolmaker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:11 pm

capjbadger wrote:Bleah... Omaha hi/lo is a chasers' game. Want to play it limit too while you're at it? :roll:

Badger

How about pot limit? ;)

HORSE is what separates the fish from the sharks IMO.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby capjbadger » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:22 pm

Toolmaker wrote:
capjbadger wrote:Bleah... Omaha hi/lo is a chasers' game. Want to play it limit too while you're at it? :roll:

Badger

How about pot limit? ;)

HORSE is what separates the fish from the sharks IMO.

Pot limit is a happy medium. At least you can still put some pressure on limpers. :)

HORSE is pretty rough. *nods* I play in a friday night game at the big ren faire here with the old booth owners. We play dealer declare. Hold'em, Omaha & hi/lo, Anaconda, rape 'n roll, 7stud, lowball (bet, declare, bet), crazy pineapple, push, challenge... 8) Limit. $2 max bet, $2 max raise, max 3 raises. Sitting there with huge stack of ones and dollar coins. Pretty fun for such a crazy game. :D

Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Windowlicker » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:38 am

Sounds great but I do not have time to organize it :(
Love, Dance, Trance
Windowlicker

Postby Windowlicker » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:25 am

And the official list is...

Booby Bar
Barbie Death Camp
Destiny Lounge
Frozen Wet Spot
Midwest Mayhem
Shady Asylum /Dealer Blackfish

and the art car mystery dealer.

I leave tomorrow see you on the playa
Love, Dance, Trance
Windowlicker

A profound flop...

Postby bigbluedoggy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:15 pm

Well, it sounded like a fun idea, but after I wasted my whole Friday night lingering in my camp to deal out cards, not a single art car ever showed up. Perhaps it was just too busy an evening with a lot going on. Maybe it would have worked better earlier in the week. I won't say the evening was a total waste, as I did have fun interacting with lounge visitors, but I was a bit disappointed that nobody showed up at all for the Poker game. Thanks WindowLicker for your efforts and for trying something out. And now we know....
Don't go complicating my reality with facts.

Destiny Lounge Returns for 2015! Are you ready for... The Vortex of Destiny?!?!
bigbluedoggy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:11 am

If it's any consolation at all, nobody showed up at BDC&WB either. And for awhile there I was thinking it was just us.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby pinemom » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:01 am

nope....booby bar didnt even get our cards???? we waited there, and nothing.
But life on the playa is different, sometimes best laid plans get lost in playa dust............
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Return to 2007 Theme Camps