2 boys and 2 girls from the UK would love to join a camp...

2 boys and 2 girls from the UK would love to join a camp...

Postby GingerBoy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:30 am

2 boys (a Scots man & French man) and 2 girls from the UK (all venturing from the pepply shores of Brighton) would love to join a camp...

Two of us (the guys) have been to Burning Man before and this year we want to get more involved and meet some new people.

We're all honest, hard working folks, with a philosphy to enjoy and explore life to the full. We're up for doing shifts, bar work, dressing up (of course), building stuff, chipping in some money, etc, etc.

Quite into the randomness of it all and a theme camp that reflects that would be especially great, but open to anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice???

Paul, Fab, Fi and Beth.

Postby Nick Collide » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:18 pm

Don't be discouraged that you haven't gotten an answer all day - it has been really slow around here today (we must be getting near "crunch time" on project feasibility or something).

Anyway, I'm sure you have gone to the Burning Man web site and looked over the possibilities as far as the camps that have registered and seen what may or may not interest you. Usually they have contact information attached to the camp description. There are also posts here in "2007 Theme Camps" that invite participation in this or that camp in the process of being formed. Finally, Another way to find something is to let it find you. We were invited to join a camp because of the interaction we were having here on ePlaya. Read up on what is going on in the various strings and make your opinions (and, more importantly, your personalities) known to the other "residents".

Good luck and Welcome Home! 8)
Nick Collide

Postby MikeVDS » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:38 pm

Yep. There are a lot of camps who'd welcome you, so it's up to you to find one that you think you'll fit in with. If you're hoping a decent camp stumbles upon you, then you should write more about yourselves. What you plan on doing, what you'd like in a camp, your attitude toward things, etc.

Check out

And send a few e-mails out to camps with your expectations and what you'll bring to their camp. Be honest and you'll find one that fits you well.
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Postby Windowlicker » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:35 pm

Midwest Mayhem will take you as long as you don't mind being a part of a sound camp!
Love, Dance, Trance

Postby GingerBoy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:49 pm

Cheers for all your feedback.
I'm looking through the camp listings now and will send out an email or two when I see something that is in line with what we're about (having fun, randomness, theatre, etc.).

Paul :]

Its time to make a move

Postby jonnie_love » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:51 am

Get to camp wow and ask for jonnie love baby. I will take you on a trip through my magic kilt, yes, and the tent space is rather cool.
email me back if you need diggs.
The man burns for us all!

Boo Boo Kitty

Postby clairedad » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:00 pm

No matter where you camp, stop by Boo Boo Kitty camp or look for the Boo Boo Kitty and say Hi. We always love to meet people from other countries. Just ask for Calvertigo.

Return to 2007 Theme Camps