What theme Camp are YOU in?

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue May 15, 2007 9:12 am

I think I'll hang out at Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro again. We're part of Wheeeee!Ville.

http://home.comcast.net/~dtalley24/BM/BDC/2006/index.htm
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Hana T » Tue May 15, 2007 7:46 pm

robotland wrote:What about Moa and Emu? Will there be Apteryx?

We may have a Pink Moa coming with us from the Pink Moa Camp at Kiwiburn...
Apteryx as in the bird or fruit???

robotland wrote:Even flightless birds can fly......IN SPACE!!!! Come spread your vestigial wings at LabWerks, high above Apokiliptika in beautiful downtown Terminal Village. (Or just flap your oven mitts and make squawking noises.)

Haaaahahahaaa id like to see someone flapping gigantic oven mitts on their arms making obnoxious loud squawking noises. Have you ever heard what a Kiwi sounds like? its pretty herendous i dont even know how to explain it or where i could find a recording of one, but i do remember a conservation worker imitating one on a school trip when i was a kid, it was pretty scary

Oh and staying with the topic of this thread, this year I will be camping with BRIBH (black Rock International Burner Hostel) again : )
http://www.blackrockburnerhostel.com/
...with the beast.
Hana T

Postby trilobyte » Wed May 16, 2007 7:07 pm

I've camped with Vault Of Hell, and with Space Island in the past. The key, for me, is to keep the individual camping groups small and cozy. So the individual camp groups wind up being no more than a dozen people, and that's worked out really nicely for everyone involved.

The art collective behind Space Island dissolved last year, and I've been working on a lot of new things in that time. Reflecting that new direction, I'm taking Electric Theatre (my new art collective) to the playa under the name of Eridu. We've got some ambitious plans, and at the risk of sounding like every other burner when talking about their next trip to the playa, it's gonna be a great year!

Good luck in planning your adventure. I hope you get to make it out there in 2007.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

theme camp

Postby lothos 1162 » Wed May 16, 2007 9:33 pm

death guild the people who bring you Thunderdome and Apokiliptika.Lothos(let the bloodshed begin)
lothos 1162

Re: theme camp

Postby helitack » Thu May 17, 2007 6:12 pm

lothos 1162 wrote:death guild the people who bring you Thunderdome and Apokiliptika

Huh?

I'll be camping with Cheetahs Camp.
helitack

Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Postby Hana T » Thu May 17, 2007 6:41 pm

Whats Cheetahs camp?
...with the beast.
Hana T

Postby helitack » Thu May 17, 2007 6:45 pm

A camp with ...uh, um people, uh ...from Las Vegas...
helitack

Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Postby Hana T » Thu May 17, 2007 7:45 pm

ahhh i see , interesting..
...with the beast.
Hana T

Postby Peacekeeper » Fri May 18, 2007 6:13 am

Yo heli!!

Wtf? (99.9fm)….. let me tell you a story….

when i was 19, and unaware of the cultural delights of america, on my first visit to the states, me n some friends bought a Cutlass and drove form Newport RI to San Diego....

about 2 miles over the border from illinois into dakota, we came across...um... sugar shack camp... It was too early in the evening to be fully up n running, but a lovely girl called Krystal kept us entertained…. We became friends, and she told us not to miss the Cheetahs in LV…. Being young innocent irish boys at the time, we were very excited and resolved to make full speed to sunny Nevada… of course, being under 21 at the time, it was not to be….

now, in an hilariously ironic and “what are the odds?â€
Peacekeeper

Postby Lassen Forge » Fri May 18, 2007 7:24 am

One who was a Loyal Apokiliptikan, then became a traitorous turncoat and reassumed the moniker Peacekeepers, wrote:... oh, and womping on BB, TG and the Admiral too, their O.C. watching has gone far enough….

Tsk tsk tsk... Oh, how soon they forget...

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Is OK, sweet sweet spleen of ours. We remember, unlike you, a boy in a blue helmet whimpering at the feet of his Apokiliptik Mistresses not a year ago, pledging fealty if only to bring a quick end to your interminable pain, your longing for doom...

Oh, how we welcomed you... Oh, how you pledged to never turn your backs on those who welcomed you with open arms... Oh, how you swore, foreswore that you were, oh so loyal... how you told us what we could do to you if you ever, ever turned your backs on us...

Yes, darling... we remember. And we shall not forget your personal pledge to us, and our promise to you should you forsake that promise.

Sleep well, sleep well, little piss-keeper... knowing the fate that you, not we, but you, have voluntarily chosen for yourself.

For while armed conflict is fun between noble and stalwart enemies, the scorn held for the rat, the turncoat, the one who pledges loyalty and foolishly, frivolously tosses that pledge aside is a fate which makes interrogation seem a vacation...

Even those who despise the truth and light of Killbuck, those who hate the way of the mitt, those who would fight to the death against the grand assimilation of all under relentless, terminal doom, hold one thing in even greater disgust and revilement - one who would break their word, who would disregard their solemn oath, and who would be so cravenly disloyal to one to whom they had pledged their honor.

Remember the words about a woman scorned? You shall never forget them.

We are watching you now, our little deer in the headlights. Sleep well, knowing the fate which awaits you. That's right... sleep well...

In deepest Sympathy...

bb sue
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Killbuck » Fri May 18, 2007 7:41 am

Earlier posts on this page apparently demomstrate an extraordiary degree of total confusion, disinformation. At least Komrade BB has brought it back to SOME dregee of relevance.

Now, where's that whiteboard eraser?
http://sideshow2014.weebly.com Bringing Sideshow back to the playa, and part of the Embrace Crew, 2014.
Killbuck

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Postby Toolmaker » Fri May 18, 2007 9:43 pm

I am tempted yet very afraid to paint my PASGT blue and ship it out to Reno for BM.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby Killbuck » Fri May 18, 2007 9:59 pm

Oh, I'd do it if I were you.
http://sideshow2014.weebly.com Bringing Sideshow back to the playa, and part of the Embrace Crew, 2014.
Killbuck

Postby Toolmaker » Fri May 18, 2007 10:04 pm

Kernul Killbuck wrote:Oh, I'd do it if I were you.

Oh, I bet you'd like THAT!
Toolmaker

Postby Killbuck » Fri May 18, 2007 10:19 pm

No, REALLY it's ok
Killbuck

Postby OregonRed » Fri May 18, 2007 11:29 pm

M*A*S*H*4207th is my home base on the playa. Best hospitality on the playa.
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

OregonRed

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Postby gyre » Sat May 19, 2007 12:14 am

What do you do there?
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.
gyre

Postby Toolmaker » Sat May 19, 2007 10:13 pm

Kernul Killbuck wrote:No, REALLY it's ok

SURE.. next you'll be tryin to sell me a bridge in Brooklyn. I may be crazy but I am not that foolish. I will get some virgin to run around wearing it instead and follow them.
Toolmaker

Postby unjonharley » Sun May 20, 2007 7:25 am

I think we should all meet at Camp Phil.. He will be hanging out around Hushville.
unjonharley

Postby J-Love » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:25 pm

GO already and dont worry about whats right for you.
Although if you dont have a hat, Be sure to visit H.A.T.S.
Heads are the shit.
We wil put you in shade.
J-Love

Postby RINGMASTER » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:50 am

[quote="helitack"]A camp with ...uh, um people, uh ...from Las Vegas...[/quote]

i wanna run into cheetah camp. vegas is home for me although im currently stationed elsewhere. its always nice to run into people from home... and well.. cheetah's isnt bad either!

i guess one of these years ill join a theme camp, but we got lucky with random neighbors last year so why not do it again. get there early, post up in an empty spot, and let the people fill in around you!
RINGMASTER

Postby Windowlicker » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:25 pm

[quote] Sunshine...... I love your enthusiasm.......

I recommend you just go your first year, and enjoy it...... do not try to get involved in a theme camp. [quote]

I am in no way trying to start the online verbal joust but I disagree. 2007 will be my first year and I plan to be heavily involved with a sound camp. I am a firm believer that each person should define their own experience at BM, reagrdless of experience. For me that means founding a new camp with other experienced burners :)
Love, Dance, Trance
Windowlicker

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:42 pm

From the archives:

The crowd sent up a great cheer when Kernul Killbuck boldly announced the United Fronts of Apokiliptika were joining together to launch a communist space venture for the good of all peoples. When the great day arrived in Terminal City, he kissed the cheeks of the brave cosmonauts and awarded them the coveted Oven Mitt of Valor as they boarded their rocket and prepared to launch on a mission so secret, even they knew nothing of their noble destiny.

That was 35 years ago, and now we sit in our dilapidated, stinking husk of outdated space debris, begging for supplies even though our funding was cut after the first month of the mission.

"Please Kernul, we beg you-- Send more Tang and Space Food Sticks. Also, please tell us why we have been doing oven mitt research for 35 years and how it can possibly be for the good of the people."

Signed,

Science Officer Jellyfish
On board the Labwërks satellite theme camp.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Rainforest Refugee Camp

Postby Omyg » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:22 am

Rainforest Refugee Camp will be back on the playa 7th year now.

usually we have room.. but this year is "reunion of past members"

and we are FULL 75 folks... yikes!

anyway there are load of stuff planned this year. stop by and chill
enjoy Theater of the Moment.. face paint and our overhead misting system.

we are the home of the hammer head shark kart this year!

our shade and entertainment is open mid day every day!

See you all on the playa!

Mark.. Omyg leader of the refugees (the stone carver)
and Part time dress makers dummy
Omyg

Postby sunn » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:41 pm

Last year I changed the name of our camp after just one day into BM, to "Too much Fuckin' Testosterone" camp. This year, I'm hopefully not going to be the only girl again. Officially we're TESTOSTERONE camp but our theme camp now has changed to "Summer of Love."

Wow, it sounds so much more...loving...doesn't it?? :)

At any rate, should be fun since we have a whole 60s theme going. Come by and get a drink and food at our bar and grill!
Sunn
sunn

If it's your first time, drop by Goddess Wish Camp.

Postby playa_surfer » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:58 pm

We're usually around 3 to 3:30ish and a registered theme camp so we're easy to find.

Drop by and make a wish. Any wish. We'll do our best to satisfy. =)

Peace.

rogergrubb
playa_surfer

Postby gidget20 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:24 pm

I am going to be at Camp Tsunami...4:30 and Esplanade. Come by and say hi! *drops pants and shakes bootie*

Aloha! :D
gidget20

Previous

Return to 2007 Theme Camps