Some Very interesting Info........

Some Very interesting Info........

Postby palladdi5 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:46 am

The guy who set fire early, Yeah heres his info, for real. Check the yellow pages or Zabasearch dot com to see if ya dont believe me.

[Name, home address, and telephone number removed]

It is public domain,Just thought a few of ya would like to know.
palladdi5

????

Postby DoriumLux » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:10 am

What is your intent? Why the hell are you posting this?
DoriumLux

Postby Smoxalot 420 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:48 am

Because Paul is such a spontaneous, fun loving, and pranksterish kind of guy, he won't mind if peeps want to return some of the love that he so lavishly bestowed to BRC this year. Hope you have insurance.
Smoxalot 420

A..holes.

Postby Rich » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:39 pm

I'm sorry...but Burning the Man is one thing, threatening physical violence against someone is a whole different level of game.

Smoxalot 420-maybe you can examine your conscience, and all those good mellow 420 vibes and apologize for your call to violence. I'm not sure about Palladdi5-the whole 'full disclosure' thing is, generally speaking, good. But inciting violence is f'ed up.

Besides, aside from the whole risk from the high tension cables, the burn was funny as hell.
Rich

Postby Dork » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:14 pm

Posting someone's personal info without their consent is not cool, even if it is a matter of public record. For one thing, those records are often wrong. If you look up my name, you'll find an address and phone number I haven't had in 6 years, because that's the last time I had a home phone line.

I'm editing both of your posts.
Dork

Postby Smoxalot 420 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:30 am

I think you might have misunderstood my post. I do NOT condone violence, for the record. I was just saying, that since Paul is so into this whole idea of prankster and spontaneous expression, he would not mind if people did what he did to his place. 'Cause if he did mind, that would make him a hypocrite. Don't take my word for it, Paul says it better than I can in this article..... http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/ ... 7/08/addis
This guy hasn't been to Burning Man since 1998 because the "zaniness" is all gone. But he knows what is best to " bring it all back." It wasn't his art to burn. Just like his house isn't mine to burn. (And I don't have any intention to do so.) Did he realize that people were sleeping/lying under the pavillion? If he did, obviously he did not care. I sincerely hope that Paul gets all the "zaniness" in his life that he desreves.

Don't drop the soap, Paul.
Smoxalot 420

Postby chiefdanfox » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:31 pm

I have to agree with Dork. You shouldn't post address info, because you could have it wrong or it may have changed, and you might get some really wonderful person caught in a case of mistaken identity. Sort of like the way many wonderful teens die in my city: gangsters drive by with half-baked notions of comeuppance, and completely wrong information about who they have just gunned-down.

What you were doing is incitement, and not protected free speech. If you yell "Fire" in a crowded theater, and someone gets trampled, then you would be found guilty of manslaughter or gross bodily harm, even though that outcome was not your intent. Your crime would be one of negligence. Even well targeted bullets can still ricochet, once they have passed through their intended target.

Let the law deal with this guy. It is a federal offense (BLM land), so he is mantle deep in a world of shit.
chiefdanfox

Postby --Ever-- » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:38 pm

chiefdanfox wrote:It is a federal offense (BLM land), so he is mantle deep in a world of shit.

And rightfully so in my opinion! [in case anyone cared for my opinion.. ;) ]
Our truest life is in our dreams awake.
--Ever--

Burning Since: 2003

Postby Teo del Fuego » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:30 pm

I sure didn't read Smoxalot's post as a call to any kind of violence. I think others grafted that on to it. Clearly Paul Addis wants as much attention as he can get. Because the Man and the Pavillion sucked so bad and were so offensive to me, I am actually glad Addis did the premature torching, but I have to say, I would have been very pissed if he had done that in 2005 when the Man was so esthetically pleasing and the Pavillion Fun House was so sublime. I know what Addis did was wrong and I cannot condone arson just because I dont like the thing being burned...but still, I didnt shed a siongle tear.
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

whatever his name is

Postby thirt33n » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:27 pm

...the arsonist we're talking about is an irresponsible and dangerous asshole.
...could've killed people. I hope the government takes it to him hard. Regardless of his stance or reasoning. I'd like to punch him in the mouth and spit on him but apparently he already received the short end of the stick in this life so I'll just let justice be served...besides, the man was still standing Tuesday morning.
the guy's a failure.

Fuck off Addis

Crux
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby echohaus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:10 pm

My basic thought is: Just who the hell is HE to be determining what is 'best' for about 40,000 other people, or what an event that's bigger than he'll ever be 'needs', especially since he hasn't been there since the late '90's?

Publicity-hound for a failed 'career'.
He got much more than he bargained for. Just wait.
echohaus

psycheD

Postby ravenluv » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:11 pm

Teo del Fuego wrote: but I have to say, I would have been very pissed if he had done that in 2005 when the Man was so esthetically pleasing and the Pavillion Fun House was so sublime

totally agree!

2005 was the last time i was there. the whole trip was sublime. the man was beautiful and the burn was fantastic.

i read the wired article 420 provided a link to earlier in this thread. the guy's not dumb. i don't think he would have tried in 2005 because it would have been too dangerous to others, given there was a deck directly under the man and people were almost always on it.

anyway, thank goodness he didn't do it that year. with katrina going on and the subtle allusions to mardi gras at the man (and on the ticket), it would have come off as considerably more insulting and mean-spirited than it seems to have this year. i've read a fair number of posts that suggest it wasn't a traumatic ordeal and was even enjoyed by some.

interestingly, there were two bits of bm news that made the national news. had the man not burned prematurely at the hands of an arsonist (which really does seem kind of funny), there would have been one story -that of the suicide. the national news got a chuckle out of the early burn and played it up like it was all part of the quirkiness of being a burner. without his antics, the only story left would have been the really depressing one.

i find it downright.....heartening.......to see that he speaks of america's future and of the american dream in his interview. this puts a whole new twist on the latest theme drama. do you think they read that article before they made the decision? and what if they did? is there a connection?

the plot thickens....

:wink:
ravenluv

the sandy knoll and the three hippies

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:30 am

right before the man got singed, i saw a flash that looked like a lighter, coming from the sandy knoll where there were three hippies standing.

they didnt smell like hippies though.

and if you believe the single match theory, you're fucking crazy.

thats all i can say, they are watching me, and if i sleep, the clowns will eat me.
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby barnz » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Teo del Fuego wrote:I sure didn't read Smoxalot's post as a call to any kind of violence. I think others grafted that on to it.

Teo I agree with most every comment you make on these boards, but Smoxalot's rebuttal actually makes it even more clear - he is in fact inciting people to burn Adis's house down. That's violent.
barnz

Postby Captain Goddammit » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:55 pm

I'll stand up and say I have no problem with anyone beating some sense into or out of Paul Addis-hole.

I feel that he should have been strung up, lit in neon, and used as the replacement for the man he torched.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Dork » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:14 pm

My initial reaction to the fire was "It's about fucking time" and I still feel that way. Many of us go to Burning Man every year so we can break from our normal routine, but when we get there we expect it to be the same every year. We bitch if they try to change the street naming scheme, or if the temple isn't 10% bigger than the previous year or our favorite camp from the last 5 years disappeared. We needed a change in routine.

It's too bad that the whole thing cost BMORG some time and money, but nobody was hurt and the man was replaced in time.

If it were me I would have put novelty eyeglasses with a big nose and mustache on the man instead of burning it, but I'm too much of a chickenshit to pull either of those off.
Dork

Postby Teo del Fuego » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:22 pm

barnz wrote: Smoxalot's rebuttal actually makes it even more clear - he is in fact inciting people to burn Adis's house down. That's violent.

I stand corrected....

then posting public info like that, even if verified to be correct and current, is very uncool. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Im still suffering sleep-deprivation.
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

Postby barnz » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:31 pm

Teo del Fuego wrote:Im still suffering sleep-deprivation.

I hearz dat. I still haven't washed the playa off my car or bike! YIKES!
barnz

Postby Smoxalot 420 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:48 am

I don't see how you can interpret my post as inciting people to arson. I made it very clear that I do NOT condone violence.
To make it clear, I was posting what MY opinion is of how Paul would feel about his adress being posted and people playing pranks " in the spirit of one-upsmanship" (read the linked article.) Either he would not mind, because people would just be following his example; or he would mind, and all that crap about pranking and reality checks and history lessons is just that: crap.

Just so we are crystal clear, if someone were to "one-up" Paul, and they did something illegal, I hope that they would realize that would face the same consequences as Paul will. But, basically, I'm saying this guy is a attention whoring hypocrite and I hope they throw the book at him.

Don't drop the soap, Paul.
Smoxalot 420

Return to 2007 Art & Performance