Artist seeks to 25Watts of electrical power for Playa Art

Artist seeks to 25Watts of electrical power for Playa Art

Postby Bubble Boy » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:55 pm

Hi All,
I will bring my "Blinkin' Donut" installation all the way from Switzerland.
It is 7 ft diameter donut shaped inflatible, that has rotating light patterns tru LED light wizardery inside. It looks very cool at night.
I had it up at Nowhere 07, the European regional burn in Spain.

My power requirements are 25Watts, at 110V AC or 12V DC.
I would like to do it the green way - use already existing electrical power. I PAY for gas and use, I dont want to leech.

I dont want to set up a generator only for this (I have my own generator from a previous installation).

Is there an art installation that has a generator running all day and night, where I could use about 25 Watts constantly? I would lay a cable (for 12V) to my installation, and place my installation far enough away.

Alternatively I'll use a car battery, charge it up during the day, and move it to the installation every night.

It can be close to the esplanade, no problem (so I could use power from a camp along the esplanade).

I'm an engineer, I can hook up the power, make my own wiring, etc. - so no worries from a technical point of view.

Best,
Fabian aka BubbleBoy (fmeier@gmail.com)
Bubble Boy

Postby Marscrumbs » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:53 pm

The have cheap 75 inverters everywhere (ie Kmart) that plug into cigarette lighters. I have a spare if you got a 12V battery. Then how are you going to charge your battery?
Marscrumbs

inverter and 12V battery

Postby Bubble Boy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:33 pm

Thanks - I already have an offer from a camp on the esplanade.

I have electronics that needs 12V- so no need for a converter, but thanks anyway!

Fabian
Bubble Boy

Return to 2007 Art & Performance