Mushroom Kingdom - Potential Placement for UV Art

Mushroom Kingdom - Potential Placement for UV Art

Postby RealDollJamie » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:15 pm

Hello,

I'm one of the main organizers of the 2007 deep playa art installation The Mushroom Kingdom. Our website - www.mushroomkingdom.ca - has a good dea of info describing our goals, vision, membership, etc. In short, we're constructing a large open air black light environment in the deep playa that will be full of mushroom and jungle'y goodness. It shouldn't take much stretch to see how this idea will work well with the Green man theme this year, or be a great "Hey, what's that glowing light in the distance?" for Burners to stumble towards and be rewarded with a quasi-organic oasis.

Our invidual art projects are coming along quite good, including a 13' wide stemmed mushroom plounge (pillows + lounge = plouge), these live glowing mushrooms (eplaya link - viewtopic.php?t=19574) as well as a lot of other great projects.

If you are an artist who has a single jungle / mushroom themed black light reactive art that you were hoping to bring to BM, but were lacking a larger environment to properly display it in, you can drop us a line at info@mushroomkingdom.ca with the following details. There is potential that we could make it a pART of our installation. Things like UV string art, mushroom stools (not stool samples thank you very much) or small scale interactive uv items. Our total square footage is only approx 20' x 40' including all that our individual members have created, so each case will be addressed individually.

A) What is your art?
B) How big is it?
C) Do you have pictures of it?
D) Can you get it to / from the playa?
E) How does it connect with Green Man or MK theme?

See you on the playa!
FireDollJamie
RealDollJamie

Postby domitron » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:20 pm

I am honored to be a part of this group. They are doing the heavy lifting, and I am just on for the ride! I'll be bringing the real glowing mushrooms, and they'll be making a whole kingdom for the funky fungi! I love Canadians!
domitron

Postby RealDollJamie » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:52 am

domitron wrote:I am honored to be a part of this group. They are doing the heavy lifting, and I am just on for the ride! I'll be bringing the real glowing mushrooms, and they'll be making a whole kingdom for the funky fungi! I love Canadians!

Thanks Dom! We're hoping that some artists might have stuff which in a past Burn would have fit in well with Xara's style of jungle goodness. Stools to sit on that look like Mushrooms, large UV flowers that are self-standing, paintings 24" wide x up to 6' that are significantly UV or wider ones that we can do some material modifications to fit our wall concepts.

I have a great idea for a uv water sculpture installation, but coming up with nothing but challenges as I contemplate "how do I fill it? how do I get the water there? how do we get rid of the water? etc etc etc" Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Imagine this - mms://64.224.5.139/calpump.com/SPLASHDANCE.WMV - inside a 6' kiddie pool inside a giant mushroom with UV water (not gin) :P
RealDollJamie

Postby Marscrumbs » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:23 pm

I have a great idea for a uv water sculpture installation, but coming up with nothing but challenges as I contemplate "how do I fill it? how do I get the water there? how do we get rid of the water? etc etc etc" Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Imagine this - mms://64.224.5.139/calpump.com/SPLASHDANCE.WMV - inside a 6' kiddie pool inside a giant mushroom with UV water (not gin) :P[/quote]

How interesting. Would you be using disolved fluroesent dyes? You could evap the contents latter and take home just the pans.
Marscrumbs

Postby RealDollJamie » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:02 pm

How interesting. Would you be using disolved fluroesent dyes? You could evap the contents latter and take home just the pans.[/quote]

We have enough flourescene which is a safe non-toxic element they use in tracking water ways and even in heart surgery for a couple days of such a project. It goes very yellow even though the powder is red. Or we could just fill it with Gin and everyone drink martini's till the pump stops working :)
RealDollJamie

Postby domitron » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:38 pm

Cool, orgasmic fountains that like music... perfect for Burning Man!
domitron

Return to 2007 Art & Performance