green man pavilion

Postby Toolmaker » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:46 pm

This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:13 pm

now THAT is what this year's theme is all about! AMEN!

(except shouldn't the elephant be green?)
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

green-ish

Postby mattattack » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:42 am

i missed the invitation deadline this year, but next year i won't. i hope to display my company's product that turns ordinary food items into poop.

it's a seemingly magical process that includes invisible demons & pixie-dust (patented) deposited into the human gastrointestinal tract. food is shoved down the hole in the top, and poop comes out the bottom end to be used for whatever purposes the consumer desires.

i'm still working on the artiste-ic display of this product. please keep an eye out for it next year.

M
mattattack

Re: green-ish

Postby unjonharley » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:55 am

mattattack wrote:i missed the invitation deadline this year, but next year i won't. i hope to display my company's product that turns ordinary food items into poop.

it's a seemingly magical process that includes invisible demons & pixie-dust (patented) deposited into the human gastrointestinal tract. food is shoved down the hole in the top, and poop comes out the bottom end to be used for whatever purposes the consumer desires.

i'm still working on the artiste-ic display of this product. please keep an eye out for it next year.

M

\/
birdy birdy in the sky

poop pooped in my eye

arnt i glad cows dont fly
unjonharley

Postby Das Bus » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:54 am

I just stumbled upon this website while searching for something else. This is something I think is ACTUALLY very exciting.

http://www.nanosolar.com/index.html
Medicated and Motivated!
Das Bus

not sure if this florida guy if for real

Postby mamasaid » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:48 am

yeah, um...is this your first burn?

not to be insulting (as it seems quite common on this eplace, sort of like driving in a car and flipping someone off because you have a hunk of metal to protect you...) but technology wont save the world, YO.

and neither will the religion of consumerism, well practiced and revered in florida, last time I checked. (not that it aint here in burnerland either...)

When that first announcement came out about the pavillion, a sudden picture came into my head. it was like this:

me with a big sign in the middle of the pavillion that says something like, "technology and consumerism will not make the profound effect on the environment and global warming that SLOWING THE POPULATION EXPLOSION WILL"

stop having children...PLEASE
and rearrange your life so you don't have to drive very much at all. (aka stop our addiction to ANY oil, foreign or domestic)

WANNA SAVE THE WORLD FOR REAL?
THERE IS THE PLAN, PLAIN AND SIMPLE AND DOESN'T COST A FRIGGIN' THING...screw the pavillion and it's consumerist mentality...who the hell thought THAT one up? sorry Larry, but...I hope to be surprised about what I see there...

where's my sign and soapbox???????
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

Postby The Hosh » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:33 am

Actually, the reason they went with the Green Man theme was to allow for a smoother transition towards next year's theme, the Commerce Man, which, coincidentally, will also be green...
The Hosh

sky is falling

Postby mattattack » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:52 am

another project idea for the pavilion:

IT turns piss into rain. several borg members stand on a platform and piss onto the heads of ticket-holders while singing, 'it's raining... it's raining...' - thus, turning piss into rain. AMAZING!!

i love green tech.

M
mattattack

Re: not sure if this florida guy if for real

Postby Das Bus » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:39 pm

mamasaid wrote:yeah, um...is this your first burn?

not to be insulting (as it seems quite common on this eplace, sort of like driving in a car and flipping someone off because you have a hunk of metal to protect you...) but technology wont save the world, YO.

and neither will the religion of consumerism, well practiced and revered in florida, last time I checked. (not that it aint here in burnerland either...)

When that first announcement came out about the pavillion, a sudden picture came into my head. it was like this:

me with a big sign in the middle of the pavillion that says something like, "technology and consumerism will not make the profound effect on the environment and global warming that SLOWING THE POPULATION EXPLOSION WILL"

stop having children...PLEASE
and rearrange your life so you don't have to drive very much at all. (aka stop our addiction to ANY oil, foreign or domestic)

WANNA SAVE THE WORLD FOR REAL?
THERE IS THE PLAN, PLAIN AND SIMPLE AND DOESN'T COST A FRIGGIN' THING...screw the pavillion and it's consumerist mentality...who the hell thought THAT one up? sorry Larry, but...I hope to be surprised about what I see there...

where's my sign and soapbox???????

Um, no, this isn't my first burn. And I could care less about saving the planet. The planet will go on, long after were gone.

While I don't want to attend a 'trade show' , on my vacation, I AM interested in new/improved technologies.
Medicated and Motivated!
Das Bus

fiesty da bus...

Postby mamasaid » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:01 am

the post was not to you, Mama. It was to mattatack...are you always so firey? I know it's hot as f**k where you live. When I lived in flagstaff, I wondered if people that live where it's that hot, like phx,veg and bullhead city got a little "hot under the collar" due to extreme heat...

(imagine hunk of archaic metal around the flipped finger)

all my best and all in fun,
Madi
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire
mamasaid

Re: fiesty da bus...

Postby Das Bus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:30 am

mamasaid wrote:the post was not to you, Mama. It was to mattatack...are you always so firey? I know it's hot as f**k where you live. When I lived in flagstaff, I wondered if people that live where it's that hot, like phx,veg and bullhead city got a little "hot under the collar" due to extreme heat...

(imagine hunk of archaic metal around the flipped finger)

all my best and all in fun,
Madi

The heat melts our brain cells! : P
Medicated and Motivated!
Das Bus

Postby Finnegan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:02 pm

i hope to display my company's product that turns ordinary food items into poop.

You are definitely onto something there. Invisible demons. Perfect.

Will your company be demonstrating this amazing technology at the pavilion this year? I hope so.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Previous

Return to 2007 Art & Performance