Fashion Show

Fashion Show

Postby gidget20 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:38 pm

We want your clothes. We want your bodies. We want whatever you want to send down our catwalk.

Tsunami is going to be doing a daily fashion and are opening up our catwalk to all of you. So if you have some playa-rific outfits you want to show off, or just want to show off in something of ours, we would love to have ya'.

If you are wanting to actually send several of your creations down the catwalk, just give us a heads up at postmaster@burning-tsunami.net. That way we can make sure you have ample amount of catwalk time, as well as some able bodies if you don't have some of willing victims of your own.

If you are interested in modeling, either contact us at the above email addy or swing on by Tsunami any day before 3:00pm. Initial planning puts us at approximately 4:30 and Esplanade. If you don't find us there, just look for the surfboards, and the neon Tsunami sign.
gidget20

Kick ass Re-cylcled Fashion

Postby Aimee Lauren » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:11 am

Hi there;
This will be my first year at Burning Man and I would like to participate in the fashion show.
I am a bridal gown designer by trade, and I design high-end bridal gowns.
As a designer one of my biggest "upsets" is all of the gorgeous fabrics I have left over once a gown is completed.
I use only the highest quality silks, one of the silks I use as a "staple" in my collection is a "peace silk". Peace silk is a "cruelty free" silk in which the silk worms are allowed to emerge from their cocoons prior to the cocoons being boiled to de-gum them and spin the thread. Normally the cocoons are boiled with the worms in them, thus killing the worm.

Peace silk is a great fabric, very luxurious and eco friendly.
With this years theme being "GREEN" I think I would have some wonderful pieces to submit using the scraps of gorgeous bridal silks I keep for just these types of creative endeavors.

I would love to create some awesome "playa-riffic" confections for you guys to show.
I am already making some gorgeous stuff for all of my muses who will be at burning man this year, and would love to share the fun.

Let me know what to do.
Best Wishes

Aimée Lauren
Best Wishes

Aimée Lauren

http://www.AimeeLauren.com
Aimee Lauren

I would like to model for your fashion show

Postby Bathsheba » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:04 am

:D

I am tall 5'10 and very slim roughly about 130lbs.
I am not sure what else you may need.
Bathsheba

Re: I would like to model for your fashion show

Postby gidget20 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:12 am

[quote="Bathsheba"]:D

I am tall 5'10 and very slim roughly about 130lbs.
I am not sure what else you may need.[/quote]

Well, feel free to come on by anyday before 3 pm to Tsunami. We will be at 4:30 and Esplanade. If you are wanting to model Aimee's creations specifically, you will probably want to work that out with her, since they are her beautiful designs. Oh, and yes, they are awesome!
gidget20

Return to 2007 Art & Performance