“Killerâ€

Postby Finnegan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:19 pm

On betting: I am personally opposed to the idea, for a few different reasons. Side action amongst volunteers is fine by me, and i'm sure we could figure out a system, if you want. Someone even more neutral than i am should be responsible for keeping track of the dough. Maybe our fine Havana Host might consider it if you want to go that way.

I just realized that the Havana Room will also do gambling. I wonder if we can coordinate our activities so that their patrons can bet on our game? I'll investigate. The Dead Pool. It would be totally cool to have a running list of Killers, their number of kills, and the odds that they'll be killed. Wouldn't it be great to be cheered by the Havana crowd as you return from another glorious kill, lining their pockets?

On film: I have a polaroid which takes 600 instant film. It seems sort of expensive to me, but i guess it works out to about a buck per shot. If you could return it unopened if we didn't need it, that would be really great if you picked up a pack. I'd hate to see you get stuck with something you can't use, though.

I will have a binder or notebook available at the Havana Room, with a complete list of players, and their secondary photos (voluntary) in it, along with a printout of the rules.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby Finnegan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:03 am

"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby capjbadger » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:22 am

That would be awesome to have a board up with odds where people visiting the Havana Room could bet on us like a horse race. lol
Brilliant!

Please repost where and when we're meeting up for the start of the game for all those that are just now seeing this thread.

Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Finnegan » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:37 am

Tuesday, high noon, at the Havana Room (3:00 Keyhole)

See all you Killers there! After that, I will plan on being at the Havana each day at noon and midnight, at least for a while, to adjust standings, see who has been ruthlessly slain, enter new players, and generally keep track of this.

The Havana will be the source of all Killer info, and is a safe haven. No killing in or within, say, sight of the Havana Room. Thanks once again to our gracious Havana hosts!
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby playajesus » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:50 pm

Mark me down for two players. Do you still need more film?
Up with Pope, down with dope!
playajesus

Postby Finnegan » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:54 pm

Welcome aboard! Watch yer back!

More film wouldn’t hurt; just keep your receipt so you can return it if not used. Thanks for the offer!
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby capjbadger » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:51 am

More players! Kill! Kill!

Mr. Plaid
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

capjbadger

Postby playajesus » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:16 pm

Let's do this thing!

Mr. Neon Black
playajesus

gut shot

Postby thirt33n » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:46 pm

...you all seem like such a nice bunch
It'll be a shame to have to KILL YOU

sounds like a great time
I think I'm in
blow.
thirt33n

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Postby misfit » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:55 pm

>>>>It'll be a shame to have to KILL YOU<<<<

thirt33n,,, check your pulse, your already dead... :D
Be happy while you're living, For you're a long time dead.
misfit

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: wish you were here

Postby Finnegan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:11 pm

The trash talking has started! Ehhxcellent.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

The latest assassin rules and time info

Postby mutandiz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:09 pm

Hey Finn,

Chef here, from the Havana Room. I'd like to put up a page on the havana room website with information about the game. Do you have an updated set of rules and timeline info for the game?

Also, have you finalized the game format and schedule?

I like the zombie idea. One thought I had while reading through the posts was that once an assassin has killed two or more marks, those zombies come back from the dead with their killer as target, as opposed to a random assassin. That means only proven killers will end up with multiple people after them.

Also, was there any resolution on late arrivals? I, for instance, will probably be arriving about 15 hours after Noon Tuesday. But I sure as hell want to kill someone. Can I send up a profile w/ pic ahead of time?

Info for the site should go to my email (in the sig), any other comments I can check back here for. Thanks for a great idea that we're excited about hosting at the Havana Room.

-M
M aka Chef aka mutandiz@havanaroom.org

visit The Havana Room in the 3 O'Clock plaza.
http://www.havanaroom.org
mutandiz

the gambler

Postby mutandiz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:19 pm

Oh, and I could also easily see us setting up a sports book on individual assassins. People put up gift collateral on whether an assassin will make a kill before they get killed. (or vice-versa).

Odds could be based on number of kills vs. number of players that have that person as a mark (living and pre-dead).

Then use the gifts to award the winners.

-M

mutandiz

Postby capjbadger » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:56 am

Nahh... Zombies don't think "hey you killed me", they just kill. :D
Plus this way the "Dead vs. Living" thing can happen. :)

Mr. Plaid

capjbadger

Postby Finnegan » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:30 am

OK, I’ll have a final set of rules posted here in a bit, and send them along to you as well.

New players can certainly join the game late! And the dead can keep playing as zombies, risen from the dead to haunt their killers.

Game start: Tuesday, high noon, at The Havana Room.

And I absolutely love the gambling action at the Havana on the killers’ progress!
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

The Rules

Postby Finnegan » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:29 am

OK, here is the latest greatest set of rules. If I have left out important matters, please let me know. All of this will be publicly posted at the Havana Room. I can’t tell you all how much I am looking forward to this! See you at the Havana Room, Tuesday, High Noon.

I, (burner name), do hereby understand that Killer is about secrecy and stealth, and I will do my utmost to protect the public at large from the awful truth of the warfare going on before their very eyes.

Game rules:

PHASE 1
Circle o’ Death:

The scenario:
Round robin killin‘. “Aâ€
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby capjbadger » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:42 am

Couple "phase 2" questions:

1) Last Man Standing: No points for killing live players, but you can still kill them to be the last Live killer left, right? And can you only still kill your mark at that phase?

2) If you get no points for killing live players, do you get point for killing zombies? And do the zombies stay dead or do they come back after some "dead dead" time?

Mr. Plaid

capjbadger

Postby Finnegan » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:56 am

During PHASE 2:

Live killers can kill other Live people, but get no points for doing so. I hadn’t thought of the strategic sneakiness involved in killing your allies, but there you go.

Live killers do get points for killing zombies.

Zombies do get points for killing Live killers. Zombies do not kill zombies. What’s the point? They have no brains to devour anyway.

The dead just keep coming back. When killed, wait until the next noon or midnight, alert me, and go back at it.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby capjbadger » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:37 am

Finnegan wrote:During PHASE 2:

Live killers can kill other Live people, but get no points for doing so. I hadn’t thought of the strategic sneakiness involved in killing your allies, but there you go.

Whoops. I guess I let that cat out of the bag. I'm so fucking doomed. haha
I better shut up. ;)

You don't play Vampire LARP for 7 year without getting a bit sneaky. ;) Funny enough I've never played KILLER though.. heh

Thanks for the answers. :)

Mr. Plaid

capjbadger

Postby capjbadger » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:43 am

Damn man... this is going to be fucking fun. I'm almost more amped up for the game than for the event itself! lol

Mr. Plaid

capjbadger

Howdy from The Pink Spot 9 oclock and Grasslands

Postby PinkMaleBunny » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:22 pm

Howdy Pink male bunny David here,
This is an awesome game, I propose an additonal option to the great ideas I have heard;
At the meet point "beads or token are distributed these repesent Lives, when a encouter with another assasin occurs at minimium each person needs to have a life to engage.
the winner of the encounter is give 1 "token" from the loser. if you are out of lives you are out of game unless you earn tokens from DM or friends.
Warriors will accumulate many live and become "marks"
I played this game in a 2 acre woods with 6o other for a "touch game of capture the flag assassins" It was epic and simple
Lives=Beads on the honor system.
simple and to the point.
The Pink Spot with participate. Havana Room May we trst in you, f this idea is approve to get unique tokens for us to use.

Thanks I lok forward to the event.
~David pink male bunny @ the Pink Spot
PinkMaleBunny

Oops

Postby mutandiz » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:15 am

I spent too much time tonight building shit, and failing to build other shit.
I will try to update the website tomorrow.

Zzzz

mutandiz

Postby playajesus » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:41 am

Do the same witness rules apply to phase two? Do zombies have to worry about non-players seeing the undead, or re-dead, or re-annimated (depending on your preferance) devouring the brains of the living?
playajesus

Postby Finnegan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:31 pm

Yes, they are dead, but they’re still sneaky.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby playajesus » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:32 am

Fair enough.
playajesus

COOL!

Postby sisterzer0 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:27 am

COOL!

i'm in too!

when and where the 1st meeting?

:)
sisterzer0

doh!

Postby sisterzer0 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:48 am

nevermind i just read it all....

high noon at the havana room 3:00 plaza.

Right?

:)
sisterzer0

Havana Room, 3 pm plaza, High Noon, Tuesday

Postby Finnegan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:25 am

Ya youbetcha! Welcome aboard, watch yer back, and see you all at the Havana at High Noon on Tuesday!

I have hatched a *scheme*, whereby when players sign up and get the pic taken and all that, I’ll ask each to write a little something on this massive Super Soaker water cannon thing I found. Talk smack! Let your enemies know how DOOMED they are! (Sharpie pens provided for your convenience) Sign the Gun.

The winner gets to keep this fabulous momento.

Reminder: Anyone can join late. Just drop by the Havana at noon or midnight any time until Friday at noon. Or, come search for me at the Booby Bar, 3:00 and Boreal, any time.

Are we there yet?!
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby Finnegan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:46 pm

So, who killed who(m)?
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby capjbadger » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:15 pm

Did the game ever actually happen?

capjbadger

PreviousNext

Return to 2007 Art & Performance