“Killerâ€

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:35 am

capjbadger wrote:How about these? They look cooler and are even cheaper.

[url=http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=browse&origin=/products/39_1613.jsp&event=link.externalProductDetails&sku=39/1613&topLevelCategoryId=377320&parentCategoryId=377340&categoryId=377364&tabId=Party%20Supplies&BP=8067&cm_mmc=srchdex-_-NEON+GRIP+SQUIRT+GUNS-_-srchdex-_-srchdex&CM_REF=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.orientaltrading.com%2Fproducts%2FC342874.jsp]
Image[/url]

Badger

The guns are in! I got two types from the same site.

Small Guns (pictured above):
Pros: Small and bright. Can be palmed. Think "Derringer" pistol.
Cons: As suspected, pretty junky. Leaky and short range (3' max). Good only for up close assassination. :twisted:

Medium Gun (pump style)
Pros: Good range, bright, strudy. BONUS: The description doesn't tell you about the nozzle. It can be turned 90 degrees to the left or right, allowing around-the-corner shots! :D
Cons: Fill port is kinda small. *shrug*

Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Finnegan » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:41 am

Cool beans! How many are there?
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:19 am

Finnegan wrote:Cool beans! How many are there?

I just got the base dozen of the small guns to test and donate, and also one of the medium ones for myself.

Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

capjbadger

Postby Fat SAM » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:07 pm

DJmoYst wrote:I am in, fat sam ur going down.

I think you have underestimated my sneakiness. I am very very sneaky.

Totally looking forward to dropping some tracks, btw. And also killing you.

And also, does anyone have a link for a full rule set and description on this?
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Postby Finnegan » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:26 pm

I had hoped to find a nice juicy pdf of the old rule book. But Alas and alack, no dice. So I'll post some comprehensive rules here in the next week or so.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby Rocket75377 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:46 am

I am the people your parents warned you about.

"How would Horatio Alger have handled this?"
Rocket75377

Postby Finnegan » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:56 am

Hi Rocket, thanks for the link. I looked through these rules, though, and they're really not what I'm after.

I'm going for the spirit of the original Steve Jackson Killer game. I have that rule book here, it is just a matter of either scanning or typing.. I'll try to get something posted this weekend, and then we'll all have some time to discuss them and come to some sort of consensus.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby DJmoYst » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:19 pm

What is every ones thoughts on masks and body paint. will it be legal to were either on the face?
DJ MoYst aka S-DOT-K ~ Peace Love & Drum 'N' Bass
DJmoYst

Postby MikeVDS » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:31 pm

I'd think "disguises" would almost be required. Depends on how long we want the games to last.
MikeVDS

Postby Finnegan » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:50 pm

In the original rules, if you are wearing a mask, you are fair game for any assassin. That seems pretty dern unworkable on the playa. It seems that disguises are the norm.

I just picked up 6 Spaceman Spiff style ray gun water guns. Made in China, as are all quality water weapons, these have the added bonus of being labeled "Water Gun" right on em! Too large to easily conceal, they have a pretty good range, maybe 12-15'.

I encourage everyone who is planning to play to bring your own armaments, and save the extras for people who might find out about this while in progress.

I'm leaning toward just allowing any sort of water gun, and letting anarchy reign. We could have a rule whereby you get to take your dead mark's gun, if you want. Trade for it, I mean. So, if you start with a cheapass gun, and manage to off someone with a cooler gun, you trade. Opinions?
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby Finnegan » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:43 pm

Game rules:

Many of these rules will be fairly subjective in the best of circumstances. Life (or death) on the playa is a whole nother story. I encourage you all to use your best judgement, and play as gentlemen. Killers and assassins, but still gentlemen. Even if you are a lady. If there is some sort of dispute, let me know and i'll try to figger out a solution. It may come down to a duel, who knows.

Non-players and witnesses:
Non-players shall not be shot, poisoned, spindled, mutilated or otherwise included in the game. The idea is to kill your mark(s) using stealth. The public at large should know nothing about this. So, the fewer witnesses to a kill the better. For purposes of adjucation, a "witness" is a non-player within 50 feet of the kill. No more than 3 witnesses to a kill will be allowed. If you're not paranoid walking down the street, you're not playing correctly.

Non-players shall not be used as agents for your nefarious deeds. No hiring lookouts, bodyguards, or using the masses as human shields. That's not cricket.

Off limit areas:
The Havana Room, and anywhere within 50 yards of it.

Your "residence". This means where you actually sleep. No entering this area without an invitation from the occupant. No firing into or out from this area.

Your "place of work". This is optional, but if you decide to list such a place where you will be busy with official duties, that place, or event, is off limits. E.g. During your lamp lighting duties, you are safe. Each player will be allowed one such area, to be listed on your profile. (Kill ticket)

Game time limits:
The game will start at high noon on Tuesday, at the Havana Room. I will be there to take photos and make your dossiers. At 1 pm I will start handing out your assignments. These will be essentially random. There will be a 1 hour grace period after I start handing out these assignments to leave the area. At 2 pm, open season on your mark. Go Kill.

The game will run until the following occur:
There is one player left.
Saturday at dawn.

For game purposes, and the players' enjoyment, you should check in at the Havana Room safe haven whenever you can if you have either killed or been killed. I will make these appearances worth your while, as they might also be dangerous for you. But without this mechanism, how will I know when the game has ended? Report your kills, and get a prize!

There will be a Killer awards ceremony at the Havana Room on Saturday, time TBA.
If, however, all players but one are disposed of earlier than Saturday at dawn, we may start again, depending on time constraints. Pretty much at my discretion.

The Havana Room, or Home Base:
There will be some sort of bulletin board here, listing who is playing, who has died (possibly with gruesome details), and any other notices you as killers might want to post. Anyone can post whatever they want, but only I can remove notices.

The winner:
All killing stops when the sun peeks over the hills on saturday morning. The player with the most kills racked up to that point will be the winner. All hail the most vicious, devious, or just plain lucky person!

The scenario:
Round robin killin. When the game starts, you will have your photo taken by me. The polaroid will list your playa name and where you are camped, along with any off-limits area for you (see above)

You will receive the dossier of your target at this time. Go find and kill. When you kill your designated mark, collect his or her next target's picture, and continue your rampage.

When you kill your mark, you have the option of trading carried weapon with that (now dead) person. Thus, if you are stalking a mark with a very impressive weapon, you can take it and leave them yours if you kill them.

Allowed weapons:
Any water gun which is brightly colored and clearly not a real weapon. This can be anything from a tiny easily-concealed cheapie to a huge-ass super-soaker type auto cannon. Your choice. There will be a stock of weapons available to players at the Havana Room.

No other ranged or melee weapons allowed. No dart guns, disc guns, bbs, air rifles, etc. Nothing but water. No "knives" or other hand to hand sort of things, even just simulated. Just water guns. Bright plastic water guns.

Unorthodox weapons, traps and sundry etc welcomed! If you can manage to rig a pillow to fall on your target, and mark it as "A 16 ton weight", fantastic! Poison their drink by attaching a note on the underside where it will be visible when the drink is gone saying "Poison", well bowled indeed. Use your imagination, but don't do things to piss off the non-players. If you accidentally "poison" or otherwise kill a non-player, you are dead.

More coming... Comments welcome!
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby Finnegan » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:51 pm

Let the addendum commence!

a "witness" is a non-player within 50 feet of the kill.

Note: If there is no line of sight, there is no witness. 2 killers happily killing one another in some dome, out of view from the innocent non-players a scant 10 feet away is perfectly legal.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby Finnegan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:14 am

Well I went back through the rule book the other night, and didn’t see anything else relevant to our game. So, if there are no objections or comments, I’ll just let the above rules stand. Feel free to offer adjustments though.

And I have a question that’s been bugging me and want your ideas. The scenario we’ve been talking about is called Circle Of Death. It’s a great one, but how do we let new players into the game once it has started?

If A is chasing B, etc., we sort of have to know who all the players are at the beginning. What happens when player “xâ€
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby misfit » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:56 am

solo killers for two days, (tues., wed.), and teams from thursday on.?....
thanks again Finnegan, for putting so much effort into the game. should be alot of fun, and a new playa experience...
Be happy while you're living, For you're a long time dead.
misfit

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: wish you were here

Postby MikeVDS » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:01 am

One of the problems with letting new players in mid-game is that I will have limited number of shots for the Polaroid, and the pics will already be in the possesion of the killers roaming about.

Depending on how much of a game master you or whoever is acting as GM at the time, you could allow new players in. Depending on how the game runs, you might run into the situation where one killer, kills the person hunting them, if they had each other as marks. That leave that person with no one to kill. New players could be put on a waiting list to be given a mark when new people arrive and be given out to a current player with no mark. Also depending on how things run, someone could be the mark for 2 assassins? It's not really "fair" but maybe someone wants the challenge. Maybe ask people if they are willing to take on two people for new comers? I'd sign up for that, it's always more fun in hard mode.
MikeVDS

Postby Toolmaker » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:50 pm

Finnegan wrote:One option: Team Dead. Dead players and new players form teams of two and hunt down their killers. The advantage here is that the dead person will hopefully know what their killer looks like, and their camp location will be posted at the Havana Room. So this would get around the lack of photos problem. If one of the Dead teams kills their killer, they collect the next pic and move on, just like before.

Disadvantage is that the game would never end..

Other options: Scrap the Circle o’ Death, and make it teams right from the start. New players join one of the teams. The team leaders will have the photos, and dole them out as needed. Team scenarios are a lot of fun too.

Or, put a time limit on the first game. Maybe two days? Second game starts with more players.

The teams of dead people hunting those that have killed others sounds nice. Let me know what kind of poloroid film ya need and I will pick up a pack of film to add. I'm sure a few other folks won't mind tossin in a pack of film as well. If the film isn't used I could always return it to the store after BM.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby Finnegan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:51 am

Hey Toolmaker, thanks for the offer of film. The Polaroid I have takes 600 film. I found it in 2-packs of 10 shots each, and it was something like $23. I have 40 shots for us, which may turn out to be way more than enough. It would be nice to have the latitude to add more pics of players though.

I like the idea of the dead coming back to haunt the living too. It will pretty much mean that the game won’t ‘end’ as usual Circle of Death games should, but we can keep a running total of kills, and determine a winner by that. I suppose at some point there might be only dead people and one live killer running around. Sounds like fun! When everyone is dead, game over, man!

Or, another option, (I love other options) is that if at some point the dead equal the number of live killers, presto! We have two teams! It seems to make a horrible sort of sense, that when the live killers grok that the dead are after them, they might put aside their petty mortal differences and band together to fend off the zombies. Alliances are always subject to change, though. Leads to a new level of paranoia, perhaps. Will your live ally be able to suppress his urge to kill his mark?

So I guess I’ll plan on taking two shots of anyone who wants to volunteer for double duty, and post the second pic at the Havana Room. The dead can come and shop for a new target. OK by me if the dead gang up to go hunt in packs.. Maybe some zombie face paint? Or haiti-Voodoo-skeletal?
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby capjbadger » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:56 am

So once it comes down to "Zombies vs the Living" (I love how this has suddenly crossed over with the zombie bar crawl idea. lol), how do the Living defend themselves? Can you kill the "dead". And do the Living get kill points for killing zombies?

Badger

capjbadger

Postby Finnegan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:05 am

Ooh, good questions!

I’d say it should be possible to defend yourself against the dead, but they wouldn’t count toward your total “killsâ€
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby capjbadger » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:21 am

I'd say if the zombies comes back after, say, 6 or 12hrs, they you should get kill points. Otherwise the Living will not team up against them and just keep kill each other (though a horde of zombies chasing the last Living would be funny... :twisted: ).
If the Zombies stay dead, then no kill points.

The dead of course can't gain any more kill points. And zombies don't care about witnesses. hehe
Ooo... Unless you want to track their kills once they are dead, so you can give out a "TopZombie" award! hahaha

Looks like the zombie crawl is tuesday night.
http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?t=19597

Badger

capjbadger

Postby FallenAngel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:05 pm

Wow, this is starting to sound complicated.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that The Havana Room is at the 3:00 Plaza, so we'll see you killers there. Look sharp! ;)
Fallen Angel
The Havana Room
http://www.havanaroom.org/
On tribe - http://tribes.tribe.net/havanaroom/
fallenangel@havanaroom.org
Talent Booking Info - leia@havanaroom.org

Make a Donation!
PayPal - donation@havanaroom.org
FallenAngel

Postby Finnegan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:14 pm

It’ll seem more straightforward once the killin’ starts.

Can’t wait to see the Havana Room!
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby moshe! » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:52 pm

trilobyte wrote:Running around with water pistols/fake guns/fake knives on the playa... yeah, you'll be creating quite a wonderful atmosphere for all the people around you on the playa. Good luck with that!

~Trilo~

yeah, thank god we have someone around to tell us whats "good" fun and what isnt! We need more hall monitors at burning man!
moshe!

Postby Finnegan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:09 pm

Yep, thanks! A term I like is Church Lady.

I think most of his concerns were addressed, actually. We will strive to kill in secret, and all ‘real’ looking weapons are verboten.

I hope you can drop by and pick up a target.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby leftbraindp » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:46 pm

Yay! I just found this thread and I'm in! I always wanted to try this game, but didn't exactly fancy getting hassled in the *real world* :)

I'm also going to see if some of my campmates want to participate, maybe in the group part? We already plan on shooting tresspassers with waterguns at our camp The Rez in the RLD, so we will already have weapons. My only concern is having to hand over the weapon if shot? hmm... maybe I'll bring a secondary water gun for the game. :)

See you all Tuesday at the Havana room!

Ms. Violet
-------

Gets bored easily...
leftbraindp

Postby Finnegan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:51 pm

Ehhhxcellent...

I gotta get me some incompetent guards and a pet cat for my lap.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:57 pm

Dooohhhh............

Looks like yer gonna need more film......... Were'd ya find it??? I'll pick up some......
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby moshe! » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:57 pm

Idea. What if we raise the stakes. What if, those who are def. playing agree (gentleman agreement) to put in ten dollars each toward the purchase of a ticket to next years burn. That was the final winner gets a free trip to bm 2008. raises the desperation level a bit. But is it too close to commerce? What do you guys think?
moshe!

Postby Lukky » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:41 pm

This is something I could get into.
Lukky

Postby MikeVDS » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:49 pm

I personally don't want to put money in. For me it's very casual and something to do in between normal activity. I don't see any reason why there couldn't be a side pot for those who want to though.
MikeVDS

PreviousNext

Return to 2007 Art & Performance