“Killerâ€

Postby Finnegan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:58 am

More or less. About as much as you can expect any plan to actually come together on the playa. I took a whole buncch of pics, gave a whole bunch of people said pics and guns and sent them on their way, mostly never to be seen again. For all I know, they are still out there, stalking their prey.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

2008 plans

Postby Donna Matrix » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:14 pm

so... I'm intrigued by all your maturations :roll: ... what is the plan for 2008? Wanted dead or alive posters? (a lot less administration)

Maybe add in a self correcting algorithm? Like... a display of scalps? Or a big fat X on the wanted posters with a show of kill (the necklace or whatever a person gets for having their poster made up).

Why it would be a free-for-all. Love it. I'm in.
Donna Matrix

Postby capjbadger » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:02 pm

Finnegan wrote:More or less. About as much as you can expect any plan to actually come together on the playa. I took a whole buncch of pics, gave a whole bunch of people said pics and guns and sent them on their way, mostly never to be seen again. For all I know, they are still out there, stalking their prey.

*Nods*

Makes me wonder who ended up with my pic. lol
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby ishtar » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:14 pm

i think that with so much senseless and tragic killing in the world already, we should engage in games of healing instead of games that perpetuate sickness. simultaneously, i am speaking for myself from my own value system and perspective.
with blessings
eye
ishtar

yah, but...

Postby Donna Matrix » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:23 pm

stalking a person and killing them is a good skill. Never know when some asshole out there will blow up one of your friend right in front of your face (it happens all over the world right now) and it's up to you to do something about it.

I mean, how many close people would you have to lose before you lost your idealist dreams of peace on earth?

don't get me wrong - my goal is live a quiet and peaceful life, but I'll tell you what... at the same time I am not going to take any shit.

Besides, this is just a game. And to know the difference is a huge difference. I try to take no offense even if offense is meant. But I - like most people - can be pushed only so far.

Well, enough said....
Donna Matrix

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:02 pm

ishtar wrote:i think that with so much senseless and tragic killing in the world already, we should engage in games of healing instead of games that perpetuate sickness. simultaneously, i am speaking for myself from my own value system and perspective.

Welcome!
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby capjbadger » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:25 pm

ishtar wrote:i think that with so much senseless and tragic killing in the world already, we should engage in games of healing instead of games that perpetuate sickness. simultaneously, i am speaking for myself from my own value system and perspective.

The magic word. Game...

The play's the thing.

Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby anhareus » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:54 pm

Hey great idea... I actually started a tribe to play a game of "killer" in Los Angeles, prior to last year's burn. I also played the StreetWars Los Angeles game in 06' the thing is the promoters Franz and Yutai who have unquestionably taken this game to levels unheard of in the past have expressed interest in bringing Streetwars to the Playa.

I started Soul Survivor earlier this year which was just a spin-off of what I'd experienced playing StreetWars. See:

http://tribes.tribe.net/soulsurvivor

Streetwars

http://www.streetwars.net

There are already 30- something people that are willing to play. I am going to talk to Yutai (The Mustache Commander) and see if he would be willing to join this discussion. Feel free to join soul survivor on Tribe.
Adam
"...The best lack all conviction..."
-W.B. Yeats
anhareus

Postby Donna Matrix » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:03 pm

For us who have never played - we need to learn the game rules. Please teach us - oh wise one. :?
Donna Matrix

Postby anhareus » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:06 pm

haha... sorry I just took as much time as I could here at work to read your posts. I am sorry if I came across as an ass-hat. The rules are simple. Check out the soul survivor tribe or streetwars.net (I am not affiliated with streetwars, but I do know the promoters) not that this makes any difference seeing how far advanced you guys are already.

Independent of this discussion I'd already planned on hosting a game here in LA. I'd be more than happy to make the rules available (I believe they are already posted on the soul survivor tribe) Thanks to the motivation I've found on this thread I am going to pick up the pieces and throw a game here within the month. You are all encouraged to participate, view the action from afar (as kill reports and stories of general debauchery will be posted in real time) after and during which time I can pop onto eplaya and share my experiences with you all in an effort to facilitate your endeavors.

Perhaps we can host simultaneous events and have the top "assassins" from each geographical region meet on the playa for a sudden death elimination..?
"...The best lack all conviction..."
-W.B. Yeats
anhareus

Previous

Return to 2007 Art & Performance