Tree Hugger art car - new on the Playa in 2007

Tree Hugger art car - new on the Playa in 2007

Postby dougnaka » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:33 pm

My art car app was approved!
We're well into construction, and think we've got a great idea that fits perfectly with this years theme.
We call it "Tree Hugger"
I have pics up on flickr here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougnaka/s ... 413930021/

In the end it *should* look like a smallish hill with a GIANT sparkly by day, glowy sparkly by night tree on the top of the hill. Everything should be soft, ridable, and mellow tunes out the modest music system. Up close you'd see there's a bunch of green couches hanging low around a flatish truck with lush green softness all over it. Easy enough to sit down into, and not fall out of, one of the inclined couches, or continue the climb up the soft back of the couch onto the lushious green rugs covering the flat base. The tree will hopefully provide lots of shade for everyone on the car, as the branches are going to be 5-12' long, with hundreds of giant leaves!

I'm so excited, I'm almost sad I have to go on VACATION all next week, and will be unable to get anything else done while I'm gone.

Got lots more to do, just wanted to put out what we've done so far.

Love and Burn On!

-Doug
dougnaka

Postby MikeVDS » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:35 pm

Sounds awesome. Thanks for the preview of what we'll hopefully see.
MikeVDS

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Awesome ride

Postby clairedad » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:32 pm

The pix on flickr are very cool. That is gonna be a sweet art mobile. Looks like it could be one of the more comfortable cars out there. Can I suggest a few more smaller trees in the corners for more shade? I guess it would be more of a Grove hugger then, huh?

Can I get a ride when I see you on the playa?

--Chris
clairedad

Postby plowman » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:50 pm

Looks great to me. Wish I had that kind of talent. Looking forward to seeing it on the playa and maybe getting a ride
plowman

Mini trees and shade

Postby dougnaka » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:20 am

Ideally the big tree will be big enough to provide lots of shade, and the leaves and main parts of tree aren't as human contact friendly as we'd like the deck/hill to be. The longer branches should be 10-12', and covered in big leaves... Lots to do still!

Oh, and we will give rides to anyone who wants one, space permitting!
dougnaka

Return to 2007 Art & Performance