Anyone know of a Dub Step Camp?

Anyone know of a Dub Step Camp?

Postby Hana T » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:51 pm

Anyone know of a Dub Step Camp? or a camp that will be playing lots of dubstep, or a camp that will be having a dubstep night etc? I would Love to find a camp that will be playing lots and lots of those heart melting bass lines wa wa wa wa. I cant get enough of it in New Zealand, its not very popular so hoping to hear some fresh tunes on the playa : )
...with the beast.
Hana T

Postby trilobyte » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:45 am

I don't know of any camps that are exclusively dubstep. While it's possible that someone might put together an all-dubstep night or event, I don't know of anything out there just yet.

You'll probably be able to get your fix, though. FreQ Nasty has been working on some of the most incredible material, and plays quite probably the best dubstep set I've ever heard anyone play, ever. The performance he gave at last year's Temple Of Breaks was legendary....

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Hana T » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:24 pm

oh wow i saw feqnasty a few months ago and wanted to see him on the playa aswell woo hoo, but he didnt really play alot of dubstep when i saw him
...with the beast.
Hana T

Check out...

Postby joshyalaska » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:37 pm

Nexus.

And Temple of Breaks - Freq Nasty dropped some grimey dubby shit last year at TOB.
joshyalaska

Postby DustDr » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:36 am

We are not a Dub Step Camp, but I am sure we can help you out. Look for the Dub Rocket again this year to get your Dub and Reggae fixes. We can bring Dub to you, you can catch some of our Deep Playa Mobile Dub sessions we put on to relieve you of the pain suffered from the Trance. OR you can just ride the Dub Rocket and groove with us for hours. OK?

If you do find a Dub Step / Reggae Camp, Please let us know. We may needing a new group to camp with this year!
The Dr.
DustDr

Postby Dewey » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:26 am

I'm pretty sure (Camp) Moonbass will be playing dub step. They are from Seattle and never let anyone down with their tunes. Awesome breaks, dub step, dnb. I don't know if they will be doing their own camp or just joining with someone else.
2k7 Booty Resin Space Camp (7 and J)
2k8 Emerald City Sound Camp (2 and D)
2k9 Camp John The Jew (8 and C)
2k12 ITS ON BABY!!!!
Dewey

Postby DustDr » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:36 pm

Good to know, I will keep an eye on them and see where they will be.

BRC needs less Trance, Disco, Rave and more great ---------
The Dr.
DustDr

Postby Hana T » Tue May 01, 2007 5:34 pm

ok so i got this from the dubstep forum after making a post just if anybody else wants to know, sounds pretty fucking cool, they are called Moonbass and are from Seattle.

rob noble wrote:this will be my 4th year attending and i plan for it all year long! this year we have an 80,000 watt sound system that will be playing the sounds from me, dijunya, roommate, zacharia, and bunch others!

rob noble wrote:this is the sound system we are bring with us this year!

and this be our enclosed dj booth (keep out the dust), also has a swamp cooler in there to kep it cool

we also have six more domes w/ that silver mylar on there, it reflects the sun and gives us the "moonbass" look.. can't wait to be there!

Edit: oh just realised that Dewey already said Moonbass, thanks a heeps
...with the beast.
Hana T

Postby Dewey » Wed May 02, 2007 5:48 pm

yeah moonbass kicks ass. :D
2k12 ITS ON BABY!!!!
Dewey

i would not be surprised

Postby midgetsonparade » Wed May 09, 2007 1:32 pm

if space island has some too. they always do at the la parties they throw. :twisted:
midgetsonparade

Postby rob noble » Wed May 09, 2007 3:43 pm

thanks Hana for sharing those images!
I'm new to the forum, so hello all! this will be my 4th yr in paradise and my camp and i have put forth alot of effort, time, and love into our camp this year. when time comes to leave for home we will have raised at least $15,000 for our camp. we got lots of goodies and suprises for all!

still waiting on our location but i'm 90% sure its the esplinade, so come find us cause we'll be having some wicked parties, art, food, and booze!
see all of you very soon!
)'( moOnbass )'(

myspace.com/robnoble
rob noble

Postby Teo del Fuego » Thu May 10, 2007 8:55 am

I admit, Im an ignorant sumbitch: what the devil is Dub Step? For some reason it makes me think of Yellow Man leading a bunch of Jamaicans in a county line dance
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

Postby Hana T » Thu May 10, 2007 6:46 pm

hey Fuego, not many people really know what it is or have heard of it. It took me while untill i was into it, when you hear it on a huge sound system and the bass shakes your bones and you go "woah" youll never look back : )

dont know if this helps but here is a description from wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubstep

Here are some of the biger names in dubstep , i hope you got good speakers -
http://www.myspace.com/djntype
http://www.myspace.com/skreamuk
http://www.myspace.com/malamystikz
...with the beast.
Hana T

Postby trilobyte » Wed May 16, 2007 9:12 am

As a former Space Islander, I can tell you that the camp that's put together on the playa (if they're going this year) is just a place for the campmates to sleep. Space Island's on-playa presence is typically focused on art cars.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Teo del Fuego » Wed May 16, 2007 9:14 am

Hana T wrote:dont know if this helps

It did help, thanks!
Teo del Fuego

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Whiskey & Dust

Postby trilobyte » Wed May 16, 2007 9:15 am

Also worth noting that it's a real shame that some people are unable to express love for their favorite style of music without disrespecting another style.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

dubstep

Postby ismist » Sat May 19, 2007 5:52 pm

i usually besides playing cyber breaks also play dubstep.
we have the morning ritual of fresh squeezed mimosa breakfast for all blackrock city, every morning over at Happy Camp. i dj every morning and well dubstep in morning and mimosas are a good mix.
"We don't accept any theories, we embrace all"
ismist

Postby Hana T » Sat May 19, 2007 7:54 pm

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! that sounds real good may have to pop over one morning : )
...with the beast.
Hana T

Postby Dewey » Sat May 19, 2007 8:49 pm

I'm totally there :D
2k12 ITS ON BABY!!!!
Dewey

Postby trilobyte » Mon May 21, 2007 9:35 am

Ooohh - dubstep for breakfast could really be wonderful! That slow-moving bassline crawls along at just the right speed, while the percussion will be there for me as my body wakes up and gets up to speed...

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Sensei » Mon May 21, 2007 11:10 am

Hey Trilo, I loves me some house music. Got any tips for this year?
Sensei

Postby joshyalaska » Tue May 22, 2007 7:29 am

All I have to say is check out Luke Envoy - if you haven't heard that boys shit you'll be shaking in your skin - so heavy...

Other biggies are Distance, Vex'd, Scuba, and anything on Planet Mu records is destined to be heavy as it gets.

Sounds like the dubstep presence on the playa will be more fierce this year. We may yet be surprised by who some camps may manage to get out there...
joshyalaska

Postby damon » Thu May 24, 2007 2:07 pm

I hope dubstep (which I love) won't be present@every single camp this year. I don't want to come back home hating it hehe.

PS. Moonbase soundsystem = :shock: :twisted: :D
damon

Postby skeetsh00ter » Thu May 24, 2007 5:52 pm

before reading this i had never heard of dub step...its amazing. I can't wait to find it out on the playa!
skeetsh00ter

Postby somefreak » Wed May 30, 2007 7:21 am

does anybody have a contact for the moonbass guys? I'm a DJ and I play dubstep and would love to play some on a heavy rig on the playa

cheers
somefreak

Postby Hana T » Wed May 30, 2007 2:34 pm

ummm give rob noble a pm??
...with the beast.
Hana T

Postby rob noble » Wed May 30, 2007 10:11 pm

glad to see so much excitment on the dubstep sounds! we will mos def be represinting those sounds plus breaks, techno, house, and whatever you wanna call it stuff.. we will also be hosting speakers on various subjects through out the day and serving food through our kitchen. actually moonbass just grew, camp ecotopia (aka etheon village, the ones who hosted alex grey) joined forces with us to bring the vibe!
if you live in Seattle or the NW area, please join us for one of our fundraisers this friday!!

)'( moOnbass )'(

myspace.com/robnoble
rob noble

Postby damon » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:22 am

rob noble wrote:
actually moonbass just grew, camp ecotopia (aka etheon village, the ones who hosted alex grey) joined forces with us to bring the vibe!

Nice. Location on the playa?
damon

Postby rob noble » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:50 pm

well we had to re-submit our plans to the committee since we just grew 3 times in size. def the esplande, the stage has a ton of sound as you can see in the images posted on this thread.
i will post our location as soon as we get it, we will be having activites all day and night :)

btw, tonight is our fundraiser @ heaven (seattle) w/ the one and only freQ nasty!! come through if you can! going late night on this one
)'( moOnbass )'(

myspace.com/robnoble
rob noble

Postby DustDr » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:52 pm

[quote="rob noble"]thanks Hana for sharing those images!
I'm new to the forum, so hello all! this will be my 4th yr in paradise and my camp and i have put forth alot of effort, time, and love into our camp this year. when time comes to leave for home we will have raised at least $15,000 for our camp. we got lots of goodies and suprises for all!

still waiting on our location but i'm 90% sure its the esplinade, so come find us cause we'll be having some wicked parties, art, food, and booze!
see all of you very soon![/quote]

Rob, can I get a loan from your group? The Dub Rocket needs fuel!
The Dr.
DustDr

Next

Return to 2007 Art & Performance