Ambient Dream Garden - plant your dreams!

Ambient Dream Garden - plant your dreams!

Postby kovrov » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:02 pm

http://dreamgarden.deneg.net/

The Ambient Dream Gardener crew invites the Burning Man family to participate in the creation of our Garden.

Our garden will be a place on the Playa where dreams grow, nourished by an endless stream of ambient soundscapes. It'll be a place for wanderers to rest and contemplate.

We want our Garden to be overgrown with dreams, from different voices, in different languages, from different places, but we also hope that a large portion of them will come from within the Burning Man family, which is after all committed to participatory art, and which no doubt has had more than its share of strange, sublime, eerie, erotic, terrifying and enlightening dreams.

We reach out to you, full of hope that this will become a truly colloborative art project.

Please check out our website for more information. To contribute your dream, visit the "Plant a Dream" page. If you feel inspired to donate to a Burning Man art project, we hope you will consider our cause (our budget is approximately $7,000). If you are a DJ or musician working with ambient music, or are otherwise interested in getting involved, we'd love to hear from you.

kovrov

Postby Finnegan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:01 pm

I love your idea, and the design of the installation.. I hope to see you out there!
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Re: Ambient Dream Garden - plant your dreams!

Postby SunshineSuzy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:20 am

kovrov wrote:http://dreamgarden.deneg.net/

The Ambient Dream Gardener crew invites the Burning Man family to participate in the creation of our Garden.

Our garden will be a place on the Playa where dreams grow, nourished by an endless stream of ambient soundscapes. It'll be a place for wanderers to rest and contemplate.

We want our Garden to be overgrown with dreams, from different voices, in different languages, from different places, but we also hope that a large portion of them will come from within the Burning Man family, which is after all committed to participatory art, and which no doubt has had more than its share of strange, sublime, eerie, erotic, terrifying and enlightening dreams.

We reach out to you, full of hope that this will become a truly colloborative art project.

Please check out our website for more information. To contribute your dream, visit the "Plant a Dream" page. If you feel inspired to donate to a Burning Man art project, we hope you will consider our cause (our budget is approximately $7,000). If you are a DJ or musician working with ambient music, or are otherwise interested in getting involved, we'd love to hear from you.

That seems so awesome!
xoxo
Luck, love and light to you,
-Suzy
SunshineSuzy

original ambient music

Postby waltsnipe » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:44 pm

I'd love to record you some original ambient soundscapes that you could loop within the project. How long do you want the segments, and how many segments would you want?
waltsnipe

Postby kovrov » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:19 am

We are trying to collect as much musical material as we can, but definitely at least 24 hours of sounds total, so send however much you feel like - we'll include everything we like.

thanks,

max at kovrov(woof-woof)yahoo(punkt)com
kovrov

ambient music

Postby waltsnipe » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:36 pm

Cool. What's the snailmail address to mail it to?
waltsnipe

Postby Dewey » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:09 am

this is a really great idea. I'll have to be sure to find you guys and participate.
2k7 Booty Resin Space Camp (7 and J)
2k8 Emerald City Sound Camp (2 and D)
2k9 Camp John The Jew (8 and C)
2k12 ITS ON BABY!!!!
Dewey

In search of the gardeners

Postby holger honda » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:18 pm

Hi.
Im a spacey kindof guy..
Id love to come over and play some of my own material live.
www.myspace.com/holgerhonda
You can hear some soft and not so soft stuff ive done there...
Love HH
Thank you for smiling.
holger honda

Postby kovrov » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:37 pm

I don't think we'll have that capacity. If you're interested in contributing, I'd suggest sending pre-recorded material. Thanks :)
kovrov

Postby holger honda » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:06 pm

Hey my friend all we need is a stereo input and I will do the rest...
Oh and some AC outlets if possible...
Thank you for smiling.
holger honda

Postby Rocket75377 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:16 am

Sounds really cool, looks really hot.

http://dreamgarden.deneg.net/wp-content ... gram-b.jpg
I am the people your parents warned you about.

"How would Horatio Alger have handled this?"
Rocket75377

Return to 2007 Art & Performance