64%
Coyote
14%
Other
21%

Total votes : 28

Postby pinemom » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:05 pm

So cool thats TOTAL eclipse for us!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby diane o'thirst » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:58 pm

For a bit of inspiration...

Here's a soundbite of a pack of wolves in a howling contest with a pack of coyotes. It's about six minutes long so it's a long download, but very worth it: it's awesome, eerie and <i><b>GORGEOUS</i></b>. Baron and Baroness, subordinates, louvarts (yearlings), a whole chorus of voices just GOING for it and cutting loose in a hocket.

http://www.everythingwolf.com/sitewide/ ... -000-7.mp3
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby gaminwench » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:59 pm

thanks for the HOWL-a-long...awesome....
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby Jamm'in » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:49 pm

Omg, that is sooooo cool. Just started howling myself.........
Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
- Margaret Mead
Jamm'in

Postby HeartofGreen » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:19 pm

come on now- coyotes yip they don't howl!
come on now- ever seen a nevadan coyote?
Their ears are so long and they look like small dogs and are hardly ever alone.

I'll be wolf and husky howling myself.
" The beginning and the ending blend into one"
HeartofGreen

Postby BAS » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:36 pm

I've only seen coyotes on television/movies/magazines/books. They look kind of cute, actually.

Let me try my howl again:

Wee! Wee!

(oh, crude! That's a pig, isn't it?!? :oops: )

ahem.

Woof! Woof!

(Well, at least I've gotten a little closer... :oops: )

Dang.

B.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

Postby diane o'thirst » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:00 pm

Listen up, Everyone.

I'm sorry to report that I won't be making it to the Playa. I suffered a retinal detachment yesterday and had to undergo emergency surgery. As of today, I am visually and healthwise back to Square One and can't go to high elevations until the bubble dissipates (estimated two months).

Camp director Robert Walkingoak suffered a similar situation a couple years ago and sternly advised me to give Burning Man a pass. He said, "Your health is more important" and I agree.

Suffice it to say that I'm seriously, savagaely bummed about this turn of events. Many of you know that I've never been more psyched about a Burn than the Green Man and it's tearing me up that I'm gonna have to bow out, especially at such a late date ad after so much lead-up time.

There is a light, though. I'll try to make it to the SF and PDX Decompressions and I'll finish Nothing-to-Prove in time for those. I might have to take the train down for the San Francisco event and it's going to be fun bundling a 9-foot black-and-silver werewolf onto an Amtrak!

So let's not say "Die." Let's say "Postpone until October" and we'll H O W L among the pines in San Francisco and make the Portland Hipsters give us dirty looks for being rustic!

I'm counting on you folks to take my idea and do it yourselves early August 28th for the Eclipse. I'll be here in Eugene at Alton Baker Park, watching Luna put on Her copper cloak and listening for y'all. Don't disappoint me!
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby LeChatNoir » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:16 pm

I am very bummed that you won't be there this year. But you have your vision and your health is more important.

Rest assured that the moment when she reaches full eclipse, I will howl from the bottom of my heart for you.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby mojo » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:24 pm

Oh! I am so sorry!!!!! Damn it, you have already been through the wringer, this is too much....

How did the surgery go? Were they able to reattach? What's the prognosis? My mom had the same problem years ago - had to keep her head down for a while.

Keep us posted, we are here howling for you.
mojo

Postby diane o'thirst » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:38 pm

Same thing. The doctor said that surgery was very difficult because I bled a lot (it's the waxing moon now) but they controlled it and this morning, when he checked it, said it's all flat and looking good in there.

I can't say the same visually. I just took a look in the mirror for the first time and, well... without going into TMI, all I saw was red and black. But, the good news was, I saw.

Prognosis is...cautiously good. I'm seeing him again in a week. The doc said that if I waited one more day we'd have lost the eye and me 'n CHMOD could have gotten together with the Pirate Burners and worn our eye-patches. Yo. Ho. Ho.

Friends are rallying and the cat is back into "Cuddle the Mom and make her feel better" mode, just like after my cancer surgery. And yes, it's in the same eye as my cataract surgery. Not sure if there's a connection but they did warn me that retinal detachment is a possible side-effect of it, though rare. Guess I got lucky, neh?

See you at SOAK!
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby diane o'thirst » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:03 am

Well...looking at the dust plume over the Playa on the Gerlach webcam, it's probably better that I didn't go.

It would have fucked up my eye for sure.

Nothing-to-Prove would have gotten WRECKED.

The eclipse would probably be eclipsed by white-outs, if I remember anything of the dust conditions in '01.

But, Nothing-to-Prove and I will be at the SFO Decomp and SOAK. Eye is open and functional and I can go back to work on her.

Have a great time out there, you who don't mind the weather! And for the people who do, think "Bedouin." Keep your respirators, goggles and lemon juice handy.
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Previous

Return to 2007 Theme