2007 Ticket Sales...

2007 Ticket Sales...

Postby julie_c » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:20 pm

Should be taking place the 1st of January like always, right?
Is it gonna be the cluster F**K that was last year w/ online sales?
I always thought the mail order/ postmark thing worked out OK...
Does anyone know how it's gonna happen this year?
julie_c

Postby mdmf007 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:34 pm

THey just closed hte TIcket Manager positionad on the 19th - so who knows.

later all-
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:50 pm

NOt the first of January. But sometime january if they stick to their typical schedule.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby pbmaniac2000 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:14 am

[quote="theCryptofishist"]typical schedule.[/quote]

Whats that?? lol
pbmaniac2000

Postby AntiM » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:26 am

I've given up on first tier. Easier to spend the extra bucks the next day, it isn't that much difference.

And I will never ever buy a ticket from someone as willcall, or a hard copy ticket if not face to face. UPS lost my ticket and the seller flaked out and hasn't gotten the insurance clainm done correctly, either that or he's ripping me off and playing the stoner rather convincingly. And the willcall ticket name change very nearly didn't go off right, that seller didn't realize the office fax machine was fubar.

Nope, I'm buying the extra two gift tickets up front.
Read Me!! Ticket Sellers and Seekers!

Really, read the damn sticky posts.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby julie_c » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:34 am

OOPS...I meant the end of January....
Anyhoo, hope it goes smoother than 2006....
julie_c

Clusters

Postby indigotip » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:10 am

I always find the first hour of ticket sales fun and exciting....bouncing from the selling page to the eplaya to check how far others are getting in the process. Most likely it will be the same as it was in previous years. If you cant handle the "anghst" just dont log on at Noon, wait til 1 or 1:30....tickets dont sell out in the first hour.
indigotip

Postby willowRage » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:44 am

I would say keep extra money in your bank account when you go to buy tickets. For the past two years I have been either double or triple charged. It takes them a couple days at a minimum to get things cleared up. I had a rent check going through last time. If they over-charge you and you have other things clearing through your bank account and not a slew of funds you can expect to get overdraft fees. Overdraft fees relating to the ticket sales will be refunded but if it's from some other entity trying to clear your bank you have a really good chance of having to pay that third party their check return fee.
willowRage

tickets

Postby wedeliver » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:48 pm

Who cares about christmas, if we use last years date there are only 44 days until January 18th 2007 from today December 5th. For 2006 my records (all vinyl) show that we purchased our tickets online on January 18th 2006. a Jackrabbitspeaks from Feb 3, 2003 had the following.. "The postmark deadline for $145's and $165's has PASSED" In 04 tickets went on sale March 1. 05 year on January 5th....

II am going to hold my breath until The wonderful hotties (both women and men) that do tickets announce the date tickets will go on sale.

(tough fucking way to quit smoking).
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Burning Since: 1998

Re: tickets

Postby wedeliver » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:04 am

wedeliver wrote:......I am going to hold my breath until The wonderful hotties (both women and men) that do tickets announce the date tickets will go on sale.

Ok, so holding my breath isn't going to work this year, huh? I turned blue and it looked like a blueman makeup job (costume for next year). TICKETS, WE WANT TICKETS. TICKETS WE WANT TICKETS. ok so I'm acting like a little kid. (hey what fun) (feet stamping and all)

TICKETS, WE WANT TICKETS.
(just cause I love, and miss, being there)
please
tanks

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby pbmaniac2000 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:36 am

Does it seem like everything is moving slower this year? Heck they still have the date for last years bm up on the home page. Seems we got back, they started changing things, and then they stopped all together.

Yes i know they got hacked, but that was a long time ago.
pbmaniac2000

Postby Lifeisshort » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:06 am

Yes, it seems like things are moving very slowly this year. Especially when other Large festivals, like "Bonaroo" have already sold there first round of tickets. WE WANT TICKETS!!!!!.... is it wrong to be anticipating an event so far off (maybe just a little obsessives)
Lifeisshort

Postby Lifeisshort » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:08 am

Correction to post " their first round"
Lifeisshort

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:27 am

They are way ahead on the theme--the slack had to happen elsewhere.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby pbmaniac2000 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:39 pm

[quote="theCryptofishist"]They are way ahead on the theme--the slack had to happen elsewhere.[/quote]

I agree there. Having the theme when we got home was awesome. That was the last update though.
pbmaniac2000

Postby Dork » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:18 pm

As far as I'm concerned, they can wait as long as they want before selling tickets. Maybe they have a little extra cash in the bank due to the big sales last year and don't NEED to sell tickets so early. I'm happy to keep the money in the bank a little while longer.

Buying the ticket earlier won't make the event come any sooner.
Dork

Postby trilobyte » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:57 pm

I'm with you, Dork. While I'm excited for next year, the on-sale date for the tickets won't make the event come any sooner. If an extra week or two compared with last year means that it'll run more smoothly than before, by all means take the time. My only request is to give people a bit of lead time on the info, so they can get their finances sorted.

~Trilo~
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby wedeliver » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:35 pm

trilobyte wrote:I'm with you, Dork. While I'm excited for next year, the on-sale date for the tickets won't make the event come any sooner. If an extra week or two compared with last year means that it'll run more smoothly than before, by all means take the time. My only request is to give people a bit of lead time on the info, so they can get their finances sorted.

~Trilo~

I had a fantasy that tonight the link to tickets is updated with new ticket info. Tuesday the jack rabbit speaks sends the news out to everyone... but....could be a flash back or forward. I love this game. Here we find out the theme as we leave, but they couldn't say, and the tickets will be xxx and go on sale xxx. But this is part of the BurningMan board game. You go back 3 spaces evertime you pull the "Buy ticket online" card.

BurningMan Board game copyright wedeliver available in at all large dream retailers.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby wedeliver » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:43 pm

wedeliver wrote:

I had a fantasy that tonight the link to tickets is updated with new ticket info. Tuesday the jack rabbit speaks sends the news out to everyone... but....could be a flash back or forward. I love this game. Here we find out the theme as we leave, but they couldn't say, and the tickets will be xxx and go on sale xxx. But this is part of the BurningMan board game. You go back 3 spaces evertime you pull the "Buy ticket online" card.

BurningMan Board game copyright wedeliver available in at all large dream retailers.

Ticket info is right where you think it would be.... fuckn A

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby AntiM » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:07 am

http://tickets.burningman.com/

January 17th, right between Joel's b-day and mine.

AntiM

Postby Lifeisshort » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:47 am

I understand the money is tight thing from college, thank god I am nolonger at that point.
Lifeisshort

Postby AntiM » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:15 am

I heart plastic!

AntiM

Postby hsdavis » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:47 pm

Tickets go on Sale on January 17th at 10:00am Pacific time. First level is $195. http://tickets.burningman.com/
hsdavis

Postby helitack » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:41 pm

How do I get free tickets?
helitack

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Postby K-mom » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:15 pm

You learn to parachute - which will, sooner or later, cost you more than the ticket.
Have fun!
You call it malt liquor, I call it breakfast.
K-mom

Postby damon » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:07 pm

K-mom wrote:
You learn to parachute - which will, sooner or later, cost you more than the ticket.
Have fun!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
damon

Postby shadowkittymonster » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:47 pm

ok i am new at this--- and this prolly sounds stupid too, butim confused

if you dont buy a ticket for 195---------fist tier or whatever its called

are you not allowed to come in the first day?

does the price of ticket determine when you can go?
i mean id like to stay the whole wekk- hmmm

im baffled :?:
shadowkittymonster

Burning Since: 2008

Postby MikeVDS » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:01 pm

All the tickets are the same. I think one of the original ideas of having tiers was to allow those who couldn't afford a lot for a ticket to buy them early and save some money. I'm guessing the first tier will get sold out within the first few days if not the first day.

So yes, you can get in any time, even if you wait. And welcome to eplaya!
MikeVDS

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Postby retropsycho » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:05 pm

shadowkittymonster wrote:if you dont buy a ticket for 195---------fist tier or whatever its called are you not allowed to come in the first day?

No, all tickets at all price levels are for the whole, week-long event.
I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone . . . there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
retropsycho

Postby retropsycho » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:07 pm

helitack wrote:How do I get free tickets?

http://www.burningman.com/participate/v ... faq.html#h

Q: Do I get a free ticket if I volunteer?

A: That's perhaps the most common question. Here is the scoop: receiving a ticket in exchange for volunteering is incredibly rare. If it does occur it usually applies to people who work with-in the organization year-round as volunteers and are highly accountable. These are not roles that are easy to jump into. Generally a person will volunteer with a group for a while, sometimes years. Then they become a team leader or more involved. Ticket sales are Burning Man's primary source of revenue. There is no corporate sponsorship of the event. Ticket sale dollars help pay for fixed costs of putting on the event, including port-a-potties, emergency services, land-use permit fees, and building materials. It is best not to expect a free ticket for any volunteer work you do. Ask around, most people feel that volunteering only brings you closer to the Burning Man community, it enhances your experience there, and that alone is enough of a reward.
I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone . . . there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
retropsycho

Next

Return to 2007 Theme