am i allowed to post really shitty advice in this thread?
1) bring just enough water so you'll run out on Thursday
2) leave your money at home, they give out ice and coffee at center camp and the plazas
3) don't be afraid to just piss/shit anywhere, there is this group called the 'dpw' that are just there specifically to clean up after you (imagine the playa as your own personal litter box)
4) if you see a cop or a blm officer, scream "5-0" as loud as you possibly can so everyone around you knows that you're a true bro. People will recognize you as somewhat of a clairvoyant and gifts will just be flung at your general direction
5) this is huge and bear with me on this one as it may sound certifiably insane, but bring as much mulch as possible, this is the only way to truly designate boundaries between neighboring camps. What you want to do is after you're done setting up, create a border (any shape) around your camp space. This is a huge veteran burner secret that all the 10 year club members adhere to. If they see you doing this, rangers will waste absolutely no time introducing themselves to you.
6) toilet paper is provided at center camp and if you bring an RV, you can drive right into center camp with it and just chill, and then Larry Harvey himself will deliver a fresh XL papa johns 6 sausage pizza to you. After this, you've officially become a 'burner' and you can go home. So. Fucking. Awesome.
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.