ibdave wrote: atomicray wrote: ibdave wrote:
Hey atom, thanks for seeing it in this light and not getting all bent...
If you look back at some, you'll see that they came to BM with EXPECTATIONS. Best plan EVER.
Although it may seem differently I am not looking for a fight, not at all...I have a fairly thick skin but I am also not shy about expressing a thought or opinion...I try to mind my Ps and Qs to not step on toes, even hippie toes...I reserve a special hammer to deal with hippie toes
I have seen some write ups of disappointment and unmet expectations as well as far exceeding expectations.
To be truthful I only expect:
1. to be prepared as much as I can
2. make an art car for me and mine to enjoy...if others appreciate it then that is so much better
3. provide as much comfort as is possible within reason...a retreat that offers a dark, quiet (
), and hopefully cool option to rest
4. my art installation to survive the event...at this point I have no intention on burning it as the majority can be reused and has investment value
5. get in and out without serious issue of general health
That is about it.
I want to see as much as I can, spend as much time with family and friends exploring as much as possible, and having a generally good time.
So as long as I can satisfy my inherit preparation needs than I suspect the potential expectation issues will be minor.
I am not seeking to see naked bodies/boobies (but, I will certainly include these on my "hey did you see..." list), get hammered day/night, bother anyone, etc.
I am just from the other side of the tracks I suspect and my drive/methods are different...but I suspect this time next year everyone who is willing to give my processes a chance will see they are for me and my brain; not to insult or pester anyone.
And I will do the same...I am open to consider new things within reason, but I may need to digest the potential a bit more than most...I tend to look at least twice before I jump the first time.
Thanks again for all the constructive input and communication.