Please contact Participant Services using the partiserv(at)burningman(dot)com email address, including all the relevant details.
If you purchase tickets through a third party we highly suggest you meet in person for the tickets and not risk buying through the mail. The ePlaya is a good place to post buying or selling tickets.
Here are scams to look out for that have happened in the past:
- Seller gives tickets numbers from another person's tickets and may even produce photos of the tickets, doesn't actually have the tickets though, then collects money via mail or Paypal and cuts off contact with buyer. Recourse: possible chargeback through Paypal, no recourse if money order or cash
- Seller gives their ticket numbers out, collects money and mails an empty envelope or nothing at all. Recourse: possible chargeback through Paypal, no recourse if money order or cash
- Seller claims tickets can be printed out at home using a special link they will give out. Collects money and sends bogus email, then cuts off contact. NOTE: BURNING MAN TICKETS CANNOT BE PRINTED AT HOME. Recourse: possible chargeback through Paypal, no recourse if money order or cash
If you are buying a ticket and want to check to make sure it hasn't been reported lost, stolen or part of a scam - send us an email partiserv(at)burningman(dot)com BEFORE you buy it with ALL of the following:
- The full name of the original ticket holder and the email address they used to purchase the ticket(s)
- The 8 character ticket serial codes off the back of the ticket(s) as well as the 5 digit number. Without all of that information we cannot check for you.
We will let you know to the best of our ability that the tickets have not been reported lost or stolen or falsely used in any kind of scam. But in the end we cannot be responsible for a dishonest person who is running a scam. We just do what we can on our end.