Was pretty windy today. Started at about 10:30 AM, blew the rest of the day. Camp retreated into the tents when "whiteout" became "brownout" because the dust was so thick the air went from white to brown.
Cooling off a little, this evening not so balmy as yesterday.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
It's supposed to rain on Saturday and Sunday in Gerlach-Empire, which I assume means also the Burning Man site. I have an early pass to enter on Saturday. Is it advisable to drive on the playa if it is raining (or has recently) ??? FYI I will be driving a Prius if that matters. No 4wd. Just wondering if I should attempt to go up on Saturday or wait until the rain has passed and go up Monday.
Other than this thread and checking with the NWS, is there anything else I should be looking at to determine when is a good time to go up there? Right now I'm thinking about holding off until Monday... seems like too big of a risk getting stuck since the forecast calls for 50-60% chance of rain all weekend.
I guess what I want to know is if there is an official source of current playa conditions? There's a 50% chance it won't rain, so if it doesn't, I'd like to head up in the next 24 hours. But how do I know if it actually rained or not?