Cites and details on NV Serving Alcohol Law & Camps Gifting Drinks:
1) The wording of Bars on the Playa communications still, imho, mis-quote the law, such as in the email on this subject recently sent over the placement newsletter. One may access that newsletter through their camp lead or through a recent FB group post.
2) Bars on the Playa communication from Harley in 2005, showing the same, imho, mis-quotes of the law have been repeated for many years: http://bm.tribe.net/m/thread/e63a4860-4 ... 715292227c
3) NV law statute NRS 202.030 - http://law.justia.com/codes/nevada/2011 ... te-202.030
- Minor loitering in place where alcoholic beverages SOLD (emphasis added).
Any person under 21 years of age who shall loiter or remain on the premises of any saloon where spirituous, malt or fermented liquors or wines are SOLD (emphasis added) ...
4) NV law statute NRS 202.060 - http://law.justia.com/codes/nevada/2011 ... te-202.060
- Saloonkeeper allowing minor to remain in establishment.
Any proprietor, keeper or manager of a saloon or resort where spirituous, malt or fermented liquors or wines are SOLD (emphasis added), who shall, KNOWINGLY (emphasis added), allow or permit any person under the age of 21 years to remain therein ...
5) NV law statute NRS 202.055 - http://law.justia.com/codes/nevada/2011 ... te-202.055
- Sale or furnishing of alcoholic beverage to minor; aiding minor to purchase or procure alcoholic beverage; policy to prevent minor from obtaining alcoholic beverage through use of Internet.
1. Every person who KNOWINGLY (emphasis added):
(a) Sells, gives or otherwise furnishes an alcoholic beverage to any person under 21 years of age;
(b) Leaves or deposits any alcoholic beverage in any place with the INTENT (emphasis added) that it will be procured by any person under 21 years of age; or ...
6) The 2001 NV Supreme Court decision (precedent?) instructing the PCSD and the Pershing County courts to respect the word "knowingly" in the law: http://caselaw.findlaw.com/nv-supreme-c ... 05100.html
Thanks. And, thanks for all you do to make the event on the playa so awesome!